April 17, 2004 -- anyone going with us?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I will plan to meet you on Saturday. We have had a lot of rain in CT lately, but I just keep thinking about next week. I dedicated our guest room to be the cruise packing room this week. There is more planning involved because I don't usually have to be formal, semi-formal and tropical on vacations (and no jeans for dinner). I am excited to dress up more though! My DD12 loves to shop so she was very happy to have to buy some clothes and sandals. Someone had asked, I am from Hebron, CT which is 30 mins. southeast of Hartford. We aren't leaving until Saturday morning with the crowds of school vacation families. At least this year there won't be displaced blizzard passengers like 2/03. :D :D

Catnip0113 have a great flight. Those hoards of vacationers will get you ready for the shrimp quest on Saturday.

Thanks for the weather info everyone. Can't wait for the humidity. LOL But am truely looking forward to Sun and sea breezes. We've had 5 days of gray skies and intermittent rain. Due to stop tomorrow around 8 AM.

Guess who is leaving tomorrow at 8 AM? Everything is done and we are set to GOOOOO!! See you all Saturday morning and Friday afternoon at the Rad if we run into anyone. Everyone have good trips and safe ones. Estelle

Bye Estelle! Godspeed and safe traveling!
See you at the Port!

Catnip0113 - gotta love those "preteen" girls! Makes me glad to know our womanly tradition lives on! Safe traveling to you also - I'll try to save a shrimp for you.

Rae

Well this is probally my last post before the cruise. The car is picking us up at 4:30 this afternoon to take us to Logan.

Looking forward to meeting everyone by the Goofy Pool, Starboard at the sailaway party.

Safe traveling to all.

Time to unpack and repack for the fourth time.

catnip0113 - We're from Tolland! I grew up in Marlborough and went to High School in Hebron (RHAM). My parents still live in Marlborough. Small world!

This is my last post. WE leave BR at 9:30 ish in the morning for our drive to New Orleans to catch the plane for Orlando and then to port!!!! Can hardly believe that it is really here!!!!!

See everyone at the sailaway party on Saturday. DH and I will be the ones who look like we don't know what we're doing!! Will still need help from all you veterans once on board.

Last one on the boards,

Turn out the lights!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Will the last person left in New England please turn off the light and lock the door - thank you!

Leaving in less than 17 hours, who can possibly sleep?????????

Linda - read your PM from me!

Rae

I can't believe it is here finally! We leave early Saturday morning (before the sun comes up). Of course the rain finally ended as we are leaving, and it will be in 80 next week, but it will still be prettier where we are as there are no leaves yet here. Bon Voyage!! :bounce: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

To everyone who hasn't left yet and still has time to read this thread, have a GREAT TIME, a safe trip and I will be waving to you from The Grills. Then I will wait for the Wonder to pull into dock Sunday so I can board!

We're outta here!!! Bon Voyage guys! See you onboard! Have a great trip down!

~ Linda :boat:

O.K. 4/17 cruisers..........who has paid for the internet service on board!!!!

62magic_4-17-04-med.jpg

Disney Magic sailing up the Port Canaveral channel 4-17-04

62401704.jpg

Disney Magic sailing past the Two Palms cam 4-17-04

:wave: we have onboard internet service. The first three days the sea was very rough. 13 to 20 foot swells. Tuesday was better at St. Maarten. Went to Orient Beach. Water was great, skies were sunny and the view was fun. (European Sun Bathing) Today, Wednesday, St. Thomas. Skies were overcast all day. No sunshine. But we took a catamaran to St. Johns on the Allura. www.sailallura.com Had a beautiful sail to the island, snorkeled in crystal clear waters, had a wonderful lunch on the vessel with champayne and an open bar. We recommend this excursion to anyone who enjoys sailing. Capt. Jamison, Ken and Robin will take great care of you. A special thank you to Estelle from PA. for bringing Tastykakes to our room for our 25th wedding anniversary. :Pinkbounc You helped make our fantastic day even better. Will post again later.::MickeyMo

How do I stop this rocking!! Is anyone else feeling like they are still on the ship!

Had a great time! Thanks for all the help planning this great trip!

I am home now & everything is unpacked. I really enjoyed meeting a few of you from this group. My DD & I are still feeling the rocking motion. I took my patch off after St. Martins & didn't feel like I needed to put another one on. I felt fine until we got off yesterday.

Thanks for all the tips before our trip. We really enjoyed our trip. I'm trying to talk DH into booking another trip. He wants to wait & see what new plans Disney has. It is thundering real close now, so I'd better get off the computer.

Carolyn

It's Sunday night at 8:52 pm and I'm still rocking....this is unbelievable. When we came off the ship we went to AKL for a night and flew home today. I just can't seem to recover from the rough seas. I'm still "green" as you can tell. Hello everyone and it was great meeting so many nice people. I wish we all lived closer and could meet on a more regular basis. The best part of the whole cruise was meeting up with other DISers. Thanks for making a "rough" cruise more magical. Oh, by the way, I did get my lithograph at the silent auction. I can't wait for it to arrive in a couple weeks. Hope everyone had a calm and pleasant trip home.

Lynn - so glad you got your lithograph!

Slept 12 plus hours on Saturday night, then went to Mass, then back to bed yesterday. Seems I can't get enough sleep right now.
We are all still "moving", by the way.

Must say the weather/seas were the worst in 8 cruises that we've had with DCL. Spoke to crew members who echo'd that with their own stories of feeling ill.

It was wonderful to meet so many from this thread and the times we shared with them are so precious in our memories!

Special thank you to Janie and Tom for the best gift I have ever received in my entire life.....a shrimp lei! I was "crowned" shrimp queen and now I have the jewelry to prove it!!!! You two rock!!

Also thanks to our dining mates and their fantastic daughters, Linda and Taylor and Deb and Becky - with teenagers like that, the world had better look out!!!!

Alex, again, proved himself to be the BEST SERVER ON THE MAGIC and outdid himself with his choices! Gaspare gets a big hug and thanks for all he did to keep me in mango soup!! And Shantol our assistant server was great keeping me in my chocolate milk and ginger ale (depending on the condition of my stomach)!

We received a Magical Memories Certificate from the Merchandise Department - Daina from Lithuania made sure we were taken care of!!! She is one of my own!

Thankfully we were on the last cruise for Andrea and Zoran. They have left the Magic to return to Hungary to begin their family. I have a funny feeling that they had already started, but it would have been impolite to mention it to Andrea!!!!! (If you know what I mean!!!) They will be missed greatly!

Sylvester was there and as funny as always. Roberto from Peru, and MacLean from India were on vacation. Erwin from St. Vincent lost his mother and was on an emergency leave. So many new faces in the serving teams - very hard to spot a familiar server!
Melina was our wine expert and we had a great time talking over the old times with Fidelio at OffBeats. Also, it was great to have some time to talk with Donna, scheduling CM, she is always the best person to chat with and find out what's going on. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to discuss the May-August 2005, but hey, that was fine with us since we had other things to chat about. She is always worth stopping to talk with!!!
We did get time before embarkation to visit with some CM's at the Port who have become friends. One in particular was absent, please keep Tanya in your prayers.

Didn't see Shirley or Norm but left a note in their van that I heard they found! Sure would have liked to seen them!!!!

Alina from Shutters left for QE2. She was a great photographer and always made sure the details were taken care of before snapping the picture. Will miss her!!

The REAS (Romantic Escape at Sea) Package is worth every nickel. GET IT! No Ressie Rush, great gifts in the room and it was everything you could have expected and more. I don't think I'll cruise without it ever again.

Big story is no one is talking about Panama Crossing on the ship but everyone is smiling a whole lot. Might be something we will end up doing.

I am sure I left things out and forgot to mention or thank but will try to get it all together for the next time!!!!

Heading to chiropractor now!
Rae

I am glad I got a chance to meet some of you last week. Unfortunately, my DS was very seasick on Sunday, so we missed the lunch DIS meet.

After planning this trip for 19 months, I can' t believe it's already over!! We did book another 7 night while on board, but will change the dates after they announce the summer 2005 schedule.

We went to Ducky Williams second presentation on Thursday and DW won his sketch of Donald Duck!! Now we just need to get it properly framed so we can hang it in the family room.

We went to DTD on Saturday, and just took it easy. Stayed at the MCO Hyatt that night, and lounged in the pool for quite a while. Got home yesterday about 3:30. We highly recommend Jet Blue for anyone who can use them.

I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

lsutigger.......... did you take the Budget shuttle Saturday morning? We were in the shuttle with a couple from Louisiana, and it didn't "click" that it might have been you until about an hour later.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter