April 2010 ABD Backstage Magic : California Here We Come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon

6 The U.S. Army radio call sign of a company or battalion commander

6 MI6, United Kingdom external security agency

6 V6 engine

6 Number Six (Battlestar Galactica), a character in the television series Battlestar Galactica

6 Days until our Adventure begins

6 Number Six (Battlestar Galactica), a character in the television series Battlestar Galactica

6 Days until our Adventure begins

Great countdown Anna :thumbsup2 DH was surfing I Robot yesterday and we noticed that one of the FBI agents was "The Chief" :woohoo: going on this Adventure with BSG and Firefly fans! :woohoo: :yay: :faint:

Sorry to hear of your hiccup Matthew :hug:

Champagne dreams from here on folks! I've got to get that luggage out today! :tiptoe:

cheers,
:flower3:

We leave this friday and have yet to start packing. Not sure if I should be :banana: or :scared1:

Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Hey everyone.

I don't think Don realizes that y'all already know he's coming for breakfast with the rest of us "special" folks..... :goodvibes

If it does rain, be advised that DL currently has these extremely cute and extremely compact umbrellas as part of their 55th Anniversary merchandise. I still have to buy one....:cloud9:

Tom is right, we still are in the dark about Food and Wine schedules. In fact, one famous chef wasn't even allowed to tell me which weekend he was appearing, even though Karen seems to miraculously know his schedule. :headache:

Hey Karen - dish where you got your info!!!! pirate:

We leave this friday and have yet to start packing. Not sure if I should be :banana: or :scared1:

We leave Saturday - I'm in "pile" mode right now.

warm, cool, cold, rainy weather piles
maybe pile
carry-on luggage pile
shoes pile
paperwork pile

:headache: I HATE packing

Keep in mind that simple light layering works well here in So. Cal. A light tank top goes far to improve warmth. For women, you can do crops with the right tops and be warm. I honestly think we are going to going up and down for about another week. It';s in the 80s today, but the night low of 50's is pretty consistent.

Oh - and shade really actually works here.

On the plus side - DL makes really great sweatshirt designs.... Better than the regular tops.:thumbsup2

We leave Friday at 4:30AM, so we have to be totally ready by Thursday night.

Piles have been made, documents have been sorted, new DVDs have been purchased for the flight out and the Ipods are loaded.

Still need to stop in at the bank to "fill up".

I did just stop at the Best Buy for a new battery and memory stick for the camera - don't want to miss anything!

We don't leave til Monday morning (4:45 a.m.!!!), so I'm just in pile mode myself too. I need to do some laundry between now and then and make sure all of the electronics are all charged up.

That said, Phillip will pack on Sunday night and not forget anything. I will have 4 lists and pack on Saturday and I will be the one with something missing. :laughing:

And now for the bummer: I started to get a sore throat yesterday. I had thought it was from screaming at the ball game on Monday night, but, alas, as of this morning, that is NOT the case. I think I'm going to need antibiotics. :sick: My doctor isn't in on Wednesdays, so I have an appointment first thing in the morning. I just want to make sure it's not strep and get started on antibiotics if I need them and maybe a decongestant so I'm not miserable on the cross-country flight. Once I get there, even if I'm still sick, adrenalin will take over and all will be fine!

We fly out early Sunday morning so we have to start the drive to the airport (3.5 hours away) in the middle of the night on Saturday. The suitcases are out but they are still empty at this point. :rolleyes1

It drives Jennifer crazy the way I pack as I will pack in like 5 minutes not too long before we leave. She is much more of a "planner" than I am when it comes to packing. :goodvibes Oh well, as long as nothing too important is forgotten. :thumbsup2

- Bill

We don't leave til Monday morning (4:45 a.m.!!!), so I'm just in pile mode myself too. I need to do some laundry between now and then and make sure all of the electronics are all charged up.

That said, Phillip will pack on Sunday night and not forget anything. I will have 4 lists and pack on Saturday and I will be the one with something missing. :laughing:

And now for the bummer: I started to get a sore throat yesterday. I had thought it was from screaming at the ball game on Monday night, but, alas, as of this morning, that is NOT the case. I think I'm going to need antibiotics. :sick: My doctor isn't in on Wednesdays, so I have an appointment first thing in the morning. I just want to make sure it's not strep and get started on antibiotics if I need them and maybe a decongestant so I'm not miserable on the cross-country flight. Once I get there, even if I'm still sick, adrenalin will take over and all will be fine!

Sorry to hear that Dodie but if it offers any hope, I started with a sore throat a week or so ago and it lasted about 36 hours. Hopefully you experience the same shortness of ill that I had. :hug:

Good trip to everyone! :thumbsup2

BE :dance3::dance3::dance3:

NNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick is NOT ALLOWED! :grouphug: Feel better at once!

It drives Jennifer crazy the way I pack as I will pack in like 5 minutes not too long before we leave. She is much more of a "planner" than I am when it comes to packing. :goodvibes Oh well, as long as nothing too important is forgotten. :thumbsup2

- Bill

That is exactly what Jeri does to me too. I'm rushing around packing pulling things out, ironing, while Jeri watches the TV. He waits right up until the point where I'm about to take the Lord's name in vain before he packs. That's the great thing about hardwood floors. He can tell from how loud my footsteps are getting upstairs how long he can continue to push it. Then he likes to pack everything he owns, which I tell him is not actually packing but bringing all of his clothes onto the bed so that I will sort them. Then we have loving, tender coversations that go like, where in the bloody hell do you think you're going, you know we are going on the plane right, you can't bring all of this carp, why are your shoes so flipping big, then it goes straight to @#$@#$!@#@. Yep, our love is still going strong after 13 years! :lmao:

Todd - I so need a valet! :hug:

That is exactly what Jeri does to me too. I'm rushing around packing pulling things out, ironing, while Jeri watches the TV. He waits right up until the point where I'm about to take the Lord's name in vain before he packs. That's the great thing about hardwood floors. He can tell from how loud my footsteps are getting upstairs how long he can continue to push it. Then he likes to pack everything he owns, which I tell him is not actually packing but bringing all of his clothes onto the bed so that I will sort them. Then we have loving, tender coversations that go like, where in the bloody hell do you think you're going, you know we are going on the plane right, you can't bring all of this carp, why are your shoes so flipping big, then it goes straight to @#$@#$!@#@. Yep, our love is still going strong after 13 years! :lmao:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

- Bill

Todd - I so need a valet! :hug:

Poor Jeri. I'm not believing a word of it. :rotfl:

Hi Lauren! :wave2: :)

Which is why you need a personal valet.....

You mean you didn't get the application I sent - the Horror :scared1:

I thought you weren't interested in the job since I hadn't heard back from you. What a shame - I've already given away that extra ticket too :rolleyes1

*Dodie -

Sicknesses are forbidden on Podcast adventures

:idea: I suggest Whiskey & Honey for that poor sore throat :sick: & light on the honey

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter