April 2017 Car Rentals

Is anyone else still searching? I'm currently at $298 Alamo mini van (love for this to come down some more) and $260 full size Alamo. 4/29-5/10 are my dates.

Is anyone else still searching? I'm currently at $298 Alamo mini van (love for this to come down some more) and $260 full size Alamo. 4/29-5/10 are my dates.
I am no longer searching. I have a compact from Thrifty that I got through Southwest Air for $113.19 all in (7 days). I'm very pleased with this.

I keep checking. We are 4/21-4/29. Down to $210 for a standard with Alamo.

I'm still looking, too. Mine came down the week before last by $20 to $251 for a compact car, but that is so much higher than I paid last year any of the 3 times I was down there. I'm looking to rent April 26-May 3. However, I'm wanting to rent Alamo on property at the Dolphin and not from MCO, so that makes it higher. Still, I paid $150 to $175 last year for my 3 trips renting from the same location. I have a feeling it's not going to change. It's only changed once in the 3 months I've been looking :(

We plan to upgrade our UT ticket to an annual pass once we start touring on the day of arrival. If I put in the AP discount code (which I still know from having one last year) will Alamo ask to see my AP card?

Alamo dropped to $244 for full size for a brief moment today. If I could get it closer to $200 I'd be happy.

We arrive tomorrow, and the lowest I could get was Drive Happy with Alamo from 4/14-4/22 for $245.

I expected rates to be higher around the Easter holidays but really thought they would go down for travel in late April to early / mid-May. Still haven't moved much. Yes, I would be happier, too, if prices went closer to $200.

Never mind - I think my rates were only for CAD residents. Sorry!

Last edited:
Never mind - I think my rates were only for CAD residents. Sorry!

Last edited:
I am in a car rental hunting mood if anyone needs any help lol. I think I have hit rock bottom myself - at least in one direction. We are taking a cruise out of Port Canaveral April 30 - May 7. We fly in the 29th and staying in Orlando. I have a 1 way rental through Budget picking up at MCO on the 29th and dropping at port Canaveral on the 30th. I have that one at $16.37. Best I have coming back on the 8th is $36.39 through Hertz or $41 from budget.. I would love that one to drop. For some reason Alamo is showing sold out both ways!

Sorry for the confusion - the US budget site and the CAD one price things out differently and actually have different prices based on residency. Seems like rentals are cheaper when you are Canadian for some reason!

Hi! I can find a full size Alamo at $203 for your dates, using the $25 off coupon and Costco customer contract ID.

I was able to get a slightly lower rate on an 8day STD SUV using the Visa code 7015504 than with the AP code. Some care classes were a bit higher with the Visa, but SUV and mini van a bit lower.

Mine went down from $251 to $208 for Alamo for 4/26 - 5/3! I reserved it, but will keep checking until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter