April 2020 - how bad will it be?

We'll sure, seeing how you're in the Super Bowl just about every other year it makes sense you'd have a "Patriots" holiday! ;)

No the real strange one in Boston is March 17th, Evacuation Day. It's a city holiday honoring the british evacuating the city....coincidentally it falls on St Patricks Day....

But aside from that non sequitur, most MA schools follow the 3rd week in April, I think CT does as well. Parts of NH are the week AFTER MA, and parts of NH are the same week as MA. I can't imagine being in a part of the country where the break moves around. That would drive me bonkers....

Thanks for the added info! Im assuming even more crowds in WDW resorts... but any chance this may also mean LESS crowds in USO?
I'd defiantly veer more toward USO or parks aside from Studios that weekend especially as it's not only an anniversary year but the first run where Star Wars land is open so it will be a big draw

I'd steer clear of Studios that time frame, for sure. Between Easter and Star Wars weekend, it'll be nuts.

And how bad do you think it will be in WDW around April 20th?
Mind you, the boys are huge Harry Potter fans and not into SW, so USO is more important to us than WDW.
With easter being on the 12th - usually the week before and the week after draw easter crowds. I think if you are there arriving on the 20th -- the you should be fine. If anything i would start your stay at USO for 3 nights, stay on property there at a hotel which offers the express pass -- you will love it! 3 days is probably plenty at universal. If you can stay 7 days at WDW then i would do that. You usually need at least 2 days epcot, 2 days MK and one day each at HS and AK -- this might give you one day of down time somewhere in between.

If you are concerned about SW land I wouldn't be -- you can avoid it if you choose. If anything it might lighten up the lines a bit for the the current popular areas of pandora and TS land. April is a beautiful time to go to WDW with flower and garden going on. The weather is usually pretty perfect too - warm but not too humid and not the rains that you see in the summer time.

Just take the extra time to plan and enjoy yourselves. You kids will go nuts in HP land. I am not even a HP fan and was thoroughly impressed with the details and rides in those lands.

I´m happy I ran into this thread, ´cause my situation is very similar to OP´s. We´re from Brazil, so coming to WDW is a once-in-every-five-or-so-years type of thing. Last time we´ve been there, April/May 2016, the crowds were quite manageable. We´re thinking of using the same time frame for our 2020 trip, considering April 21th is a national holiday, that would be ideal for us to go. We´re currently thinking of arriving on the 20th and staying up until May 3rd. We can push our trip one week further, arriving on the 27th or 28th, but I´d really like use the holiday, so we won´t take so much time off work.

Truth is, I applied my knowledge of our last trip and reading thousands of websites about WDW crowds, however the opening of Galaxy´s Edge is throwing everybody off track LOL I can see that no one really knows what to expect (well, we can expect lots of people, that´s for sure! :joker:)

We’ve been twice around Easter. Once, during the actual week and went to MK on Easter Sunday (crazy busy). The other time, we spent Easter week at the beach then checked into Disney a week later. Busy, but very manageable. The crowds weren’t any worse than in summer. The downside was that we had to take our kids out of school for a week since most were back in session by then.

So here I was, happily planning a pre Star Wars, Oct 2019 WDW/USO Bar Mitzvah trip. We're coming all the way from Israel so its a big, expensive deal.

Then DH realized he may receiving a huge promotion on July 19 and there's no way he can be away for 2 weeks so soon afterwards.

Our next holidays are the Passover holidays, April 11 to April 28. Now, this clearly is after SW opens AND Easter Sunday is April 12.

Please help me out - when are the school spring breaks? And how bad do you think it will be in WDW around April 20th?
Mind you, the boys are huge Harry Potter fans and not into SW, so USO is more important to us than WDW.

Can and should we risk it?
Its literally a once in decade thing for us

Thanks!!!!
I’m planning a trip where my niece is coming with us. Her school vacation is the week after Easter. The schools can be funny about a kid missing a week so we will just have to brave the crowds.

We went April last year and the crowds were very manageable. You just need to be prepared to get up early and get moving in the morning which is easier said than done but worth it! We also avoid magic kingdom on a weekend and tend to go to a water park or something instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter