April 2020

mickeyheart

Mouseketeer
We usually come to WDW black Friday for 14 nights (we're from the UK), but now our children are in school we are looking to come end of march beginning of april 2020 for 14 nights.

Is there a big difference in crowd levels? We tend to get there for rope drop, stay till lunch and then back to the hotel pool for the afternoon, before returning in the evening.

Our last visit was Nov 2016

TIA

In the US schools have spring break, which is generally spread out from early March to the end of April, with a higher percentage of schools having it around Easter. I believe Easter is in April in 2020, which might increase crowds in April a bit more than if it was in March....plus the added joy of the Star Wars crowds.

We've gone at the end of April before and it hasn't been too bad at all, but it was always a year when Easter had been several weeks prior.

Easter is 4/12 in 2020, FYI. It often impacts the week before and week after, generally speaking. I’d expect pretty busy conditions and high resort prices.

Our spring break overlapped with the week after Easter 2018 (4/1) and I’m not going to lie, it wasn’t our favorite time to go crowd wise, but our touring style is a bit like yours and we made do. You have a long trip and can cover a lot of ground over that time.

Obviously Star Wars throws a big wrinkle in things as well.

Last edited:
Easter is April 12th in 2020 and I have been looking at this very same thing myself as my kids have that week off from school. While Disney is always busy, the one time we went during our Easter Break was the busiest I have ever seen it (obviously because of all the schools being out). It was so busy that my wife who is completely against taking the kids out of school said that she would consider it after that trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter