Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 5/2 Star Wars Nite

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • 5/7 Star Wars Nite

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 5/9 Star Wars Nite

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
May 1-7 at VGC! Taking my daughter's boyfriend who has never been to anything Disney! He is getting out of the Marines. Besides the flag ceremony, anything special for the military?

Just got back from a fun trip 4/23-4/26. We did the SW After Dark even the 23rd. It was my first time attending a SW event and it was super fun! There were 6 of us, all women. We arrived early (a couple of people in our party had to wait until the event time opened because they didn't have regular park tickets). It was interesting walking around with both event and non-event people. I succumbed to FOMO and got in line for merch, even though I didn't really plan to get anything. I ended up with a SW tumbler because...and I'm not proud to admit this...we learned they had only received 40 and we knew they had to be almost out, if not completely out, when our turn came. So I'm the proud owner of a tumbler for which I have basically no use, LOL. It's cool though so I'll probably gift it.

Now, I am not a SW person. I know little about the franchise and was never a big fan. BUT I have to say it was a blast to go with my friends, who are all pretty into it. After 8, only the attendees could still be in the parks so we were able to ride everything we wanted, and the special things that were there specifically for the event--like photo ops, special effects, entertainment, characters, etc were awesome.

Not knowing much about SW, I was a little at a loss as to how to dress, so I just picked the 2 characters I knew and liked best, C3PO and R2D2 (one for day, one for the event). At the event, there were actually only a very few dressed as C3PO so I got a lot of shout-outs! There was one guy who was dressed almost exactly the same as I was and we kept passing each other in places where we couldn't get together, and then finally he ran over after he'd spotted me and we got a few pics! It was super fun. I got asked to be in people's pictures several times! My advice to people going is to wear something that shows up well in the dark, LOL. Shiny gold is a pretty good choice.

Here are some pics. The first is a couple who were TOTALLY cool and looked like professionals.

couple.jpg group.jpgspace mt.jpg

2 c3s.jpgbackpack.jpg

Attachments

• c3 spacecraft.jpg
    c3 spacecraft.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2
  • frozen guy.jpg
    frozen guy.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just got back from a fun trip 4/23-4/26. We did the SW After Dark even the 23rd. It was my first time attending a SW event and it was super fun! There were 6 of us, all women. We arrived early (a couple of people in our party had to wait until the event time opened because they didn't have regular park tickets). It was interesting walking around with both event and non-event people. I succumbed to FOMO and got in line for merch, even though I didn't really plan to get anything. I ended up with a SW tumbler because...and I'm not proud to admit this...we learned they had only received 40 and we knew they had to be almost out, if not completely out, when our turn came. So I'm the proud owner of a tumbler for which I have basically no use, LOL. It's cool though so I'll probably gift it.

Now, I am not a SW person. I know little about the franchise and was never a big fan. BUT I have to say it was a blast to go with my friends, who are all pretty into it. After 8, only the attendees could still be in the parks so we were able to ride everything we wanted, and the special things that were there specifically for the event--like photo ops, special effects, entertainment, characters, etc were awesome.

Not knowing much about SW, I was a little at a loss as to how to dress, so I just picked the 2 characters I knew and liked best, C3PO and R2D2 (one for day, one for the event). At the event, there were actually only a very few dressed as C3PO so I got a lot of shout-outs! There was one guy who was dressed almost exactly the same as I was and we kept passing each other in places where we couldn't get together, and then finally he ran over after he'd spotted me and we got a few pics! It was super fun. I got asked to be in people's pictures several times! My advice to people going is to wear something that shows up well in the dark, LOL. Shiny gold is a pretty good choice.

Here are some pics. The first is a couple who were TOTALLY cool and looked like professionals.

View attachment 855311 View attachment 855309View attachment 855310

View attachment 855304View attachment 855305
Love this! I love seeing people just have a good time like this!

25 days here! Still waiting for details on fantasmic's opening weekend. Planned my entire trip around being there for opening night. Hoping not to have to fight to the death .... for viewing location. I'm solo so that helps. I'm just so Incredibly excited for this trip. Very hard last several Months at work..

Fun pics! It looks like a fun event! :-)

You look so cute! I was there on 25th and only saw one 3PO. Good choice!

It was my first after dark event at DL and it was fun! Alas, I never found Kylo Ren but did get lots of comments on my ears and shirt (can’t go wrong with Etsy). Enjoyed seeing all the costumes and lightsabers. There was a Queen Amidala who looked so spot on, I thought she was the real one! She even had her own photographer with her. I overheard her tell someone Disney had already “reminded” her not to pose with guests…they could take photos of her but not WITH her.

The best part for me was the rides…total walk ons. Even had my own boat on Pirates and IASW, and almost a private cruise in the jungle (a couple came last minute). Seems everyone was shopping, eating or taking photos with characters. It was such an awesome experience to ride dark rides without other people in there creating ambient noise. I could hear all the music and dialogue clearly, especially in Alice. So wonderful. Well worth the money to me.

Here’s me flexing my dark side :rotfl2:

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpeg
    IMG_1456.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter