April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

As a baseball fan I'm woohooing with you what a fun experience as a Cubs fan I'm not woohooing the team :rotfl2:lol I do hope you have a great time though what a wonderful memory.

My woo woohoo is a little funny but my roommate/best friend/ cousin (who I dearly love) just told me she's going to visit her parents this weekend, so I have the house to myself and as an introvert I'm looking forward to just a quite weekend alone at home.

Haha about the Cards/Cubs! We need a decent year after last year 🤣

Also, I totally relate about the having the house to yourself! I feel the same way when DH goes on work trips. I won't plan anything else, because I love to be home by myself sometimes!

we are getting rain as opposed to the snow that will start falling not too far from here.
Woowhoo DS11's first track meet got moved to Friday instead of today...colder but dry. Also nice to log off work a smidge early on a Friday.
More of a huh than a woowhoo...the school department is dismissing all schools 2 hours early on Monday because of the eclipse. I remember one occurring while I was in school and they just made us stay indoors for recess. The reasoning was "a change in light levels." I get that they don't want to be responsible for kids staring at the sun while in school but...seriously? An early Thankful Thursday that between my being able to work at home and my in-laws being around no one will need to scramble to be home for the dismissal.

A lady in our office just said that she had to reschedule her dentist appointment because their office just called and said that they were closing for the afternoon for the eclipse. I had never heard of that before!

I'm actually in support of business closing for the eclipse. It's such a rare thing, I think people should be able to see it if they want to.

And I certainly wouldn't want to be a teacher or bus driver responsible 20-30 kids during it! (...because you know some kids would treat the glasses instructions as just a suggestion.)

I'm actually in support of business closing for the eclipse. It's such a rare thing, I think people should be able to see it if they want to.

And I certainly wouldn't want to be a teacher or bus driver responsible 20-30 kids during it! (...because you know some kids would treat the glasses instructions as just a suggestion.)
I love it that you get the POV of a teacher. I will be at school and staying in my classroom. I do NOT want to be responsible for the handful of students who refuse to follow directions.

Last week I was talking about how much I will miss this class. We only have one more marking period and then graduation. Except for a couple of them, I am so sad to see them go. Then yesterday they were terrible!

I am thankful to be within a couple of pounds at my lowest weight in 20 years.

Now I have to push through this barrier to get the rest of my weight off. It’s a big challenge that I haven’t been able to overcome in all these years. I would like to get 10 pounds off before my physical in 2 weeks, but if that’s an impossible goal, as much as my body can manage would be great. By my reunion in May, I would like to be 15 pounds lighter. By July, another 10-15 pounds lighter.

I’m thankful that in spite of many knee problems, I can walk, which means that I can work.

WooHoo - tomorrow I'm going to the Cardinals home opener! I've always loved baseball. We always go to a few games a year and typically go somewhere to an out to town game too (over a long weekend or as part of our vacation, etc). We have a goal of seeing a game in all of the major league stadiums at some point, so we're slowly working toward that.

Anyway, I've never been to our home opener and we got talking about it and decided to splurge a bit on it and get tickets. Even though the weather isn't supposed to be great, I'm excited about the day!

As a baseball fan I'm woohooing with you what a fun experience as a Cubs fan I'm not woohooing the team :rotfl2:lol I do hope you have a great time though what a wonderful memory.

My woo woohoo is a little funny but my roommate/best friend/ cousin (who I dearly love) just told me she's going to visit her parents this weekend, so I have the house to myself and as an introvert I'm looking forward to just a quite weekend alone at home.
Our home opener is Monday. It was supposed to be during the eclipse (we are in the path of totality) but they moved the time but are opening up the stadium early for people with tickets to watch from the stadium.

A lady in our office just said that she had to reschedule her dentist appointment because their office just called and said that they were closing for the afternoon for the eclipse. I had never heard of that before!
Just about everything has closed here for at least a half day. Most schools are closed for the day (ours is just extending spring break by a day) but teachers need to report. My work is closing for a half day but the office its self is closed for the full day. They do not want anyone downtown for work with how crazy they are expecting it to be.

The news has been saying for us to fill gas tanks and to grocery shop early because the towns during the last eclipse (in the path of totality) were running out of food and gas. I am not worried but we will shop Saturday morning like normal but I will fill up the tanks on Saturday as well so we have nothing to worry about.

I am super excited but my husband is not and doesn't understand at all why people are excited. He thinks I am crazy because I am going to go to the fair grounds to watch. They are bringing in the fair food and it is free and only about 5 minutes from me. However we are supposed to get rain and it will be cloudy but it will still be cool to be a part of.

I remember watching the last eclipse from the office, we were on the 24th floor at that time and higher than the buildings closest to us so had a good view to the sky. I remember just seeing a fleeting shadow, the most interesting part was looking down and seeing the people congregating on the streets, so Piglett1979 I totally get the desire to be part of the experience.

Once again I am thankful for the internet and social media.

There was a post on one of the local groups about this week being the spring-clean-up extra-bins-of-yard-waste week and woohoo, because I've got two ready and can certainly go to the hardware store and get another bag to fill. I've also recently found a FB group for advice on traveling to London and am learning so much from it. And yesterday I was looking at headache mind-maps to try and figure out what's going on. The map that fits the best is headaches based on trauma. I haven't had any head bumping type of trauma but I think the dental work I had last week could be considered: the second closest fit is sinus headache, which is what I would have expected. So I think what is going on is the two types of headaches on top of each other. I tried a different allergy med last evening and it seems to be helping a little bit... we'll see how the day goes.

Last edited:

Hello everyone!!! Happy Thursday!!!

I keep hearing about the eclipse but I need to do some research on when it is and such. Exciting to be witness to something so rare!!!

Thankful for insurance and access to healthcare. I got much sicker yesterday and was up a lot last night with pain in my face/ear/neck. Luckily was able to go to ready care and get meds for a sinus infection.

Sadly while I was at urgent care DDs bearded dragon passed away so she is an absolute mess. The dragon has been ill and getting fluids from the vet and DD has been hand feeding her but unfortunately it was just her time.

At least the rain has stopped!! Praying for a better day for us tomorrow!

Saturday I have the bird migration cruise in the afternoon, so I think I'll go to the pottery studio for a couple hours in the morning. The more I have clay in my hands the faster I learn, so I'm all in. I've got one bowl I rather like and one I'm not in love with but am using to experiment with different carving and glazing techniques.

Sunday I have an appointment at the soaking tubs/sauna place in town in the evening, as I think a good sweat and soak will help with the headaches... and being in the evening I'll be coming home and sliding right in to bed - heavenly! During the day I'll get out and do yard/garden work.

Tonight I'll finish knitting one of the hats still on needles, as I'll need a hat for the cruise tomorrow and a new one would be fun.

Felt the earth quake here in RI. At first I thought it was just the wind because it was crazy windy and the windows rattled a bit. Then I felt a shake which happens when military planes land at the airport nearby but there was no noise. When the shaking didn't stop fast knew something was up.
DS11 had his first Jr high track meet tonight. It was COLD but the kids had fun.
Got an exciting note that DD is starting to read. Her teacher will give her pictures that correspond with sentences and after she reads the sentence she is able to pick out the correct picture. It is amazing what we are finding out she can do with the teacher's approach.
DS11 and DD are getting haircuts tomorrow and DS8 has a party to go to. Aside from that may start our seeds.

Social Saturday - "Low Pressure Favorites" - just chime in with one of your favorites, whatever pops into your head - don't worry about selecting a perfect answer!

1. Disney character

2. Disney resort
(one you've stayed at or that you dream of stating at, and why)

3. Live-action Disney movie

4. Animated Disney movie

5. Disney restaurant or snack

Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!!
1. Disney character-Belle

2. Disney resort
(one you've stayed at or that you dream of stating at, and why)- Contemporary-so close to MK-This is what I dream of staying at!!

3. Live-action Disney movie-Pirates of the Caribbean

4. Animated Disney movie-Frozen

5. Disney restaurant or snack-Tusker house and the sweet and spicy waffle sandwhich from sleepy hollow in MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter