April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

Whoooohoooo Wednesday!!!!

Whoohoooo The weather has been amazing and still no rain today so whoooohoooo!! I have been getting my walks around the block in these past 3 days and doing YouTube workouts on my lunch break so I am on a good track this week!!

Whooohoooo DD is off today from her real job and no babysitting jobs either so I won’t be a Uber at all today!!

WooHoo I leave for Disney next Tuesday for my birthday trip :)
We are going to be at Magic Kingdom next Wednesday!!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Woohoo... I absolutely love the new plant shelf set-up and I think the seedlings do too. It is so neat and orderly and it leaves the table I had them on open to be used for potting, which is so so nice.

Woohoo... I've started to sleep better again, and the past two mornings I've gotten out of bed an hour earlier... the 6:14a sunrise is helping my wake up time a lot as well. Next week I'm going for yet another hour earlier, which will be 6a.

Woohoo... my chubby girl Ester is losing some weight. I've switched them over from dry food to wet, because wet is supposed to be more filling with fewer calories, and it seems to be working. I forgot to weight her when this started, but looking at her I can tell and this morning when I was stroking her along the side I could feel it as well. Now to just get my own eating under control.

Woohoo... ice dyeing was a lot of fun, each time I'm learning something new. These dish towels are my favorite, I got more to dye up for Christmas presents.

1713369811793.png

Last edited:

I am not very woohooy right now. I will say I am woohooing that driving all worked out this morning. The kids are on a modified schedule today and tomorrow and I had a doctors appointment. It all worked out and everyone got where they needed be.

I am not so woohooy because my appointment was a fast MRI. It was just a precaution as I have dense breast tissue so the doctor wanted me to get one but nothing was on the mammogram in December so I wasn't worried. Well I got the results and they found 2 indeterminate masses on my liver. I am waiting to hear from my doctor on what is next. I am really trying to not worry and DH is not helping. He doesn't worry at all about anything medical so he is blowing it off and telling me I am fine and nothing to worry about. So now I am sitting and waiting and worrying. Thankfully the doctor that ordered it is one that gets back with results very quickly. I am guessing I will hear shortly from them or by early tomorrow.

I am not very woohooy right now. I will say I am woohooing that driving all worked out this morning. The kids are on a modified schedule today and tomorrow and I had a doctors appointment. It all worked out and everyone got where they needed be.

I am not so woohooy because my appointment was a fast MRI. It was just a precaution as I have dense breast tissue so the doctor wanted me to get one but nothing was on the mammogram in December so I wasn't worried. Well I got the results and they found 2 indeterminate masses on my liver. I am waiting to hear from my doctor on what is next. I am really trying to not worry and DH is not helping. He doesn't worry at all about anything medical so he is blowing it off and telling me I am fine and nothing to worry about. So now I am sitting and waiting and worrying. Thankfully the doctor that ordered it is one that gets back with results very quickly. I am guessing I will hear shortly from them or by early tomorrow.
Hope you hear positive news soon. Hugs.

I am thankful that we found a great doctor for DD. It is in the same practice but she has really been following up with us on the low IgA that DD has. She is the first to tell us about. The gastro that did the test didn't even tell us. She is having us take DD to an Immunologist so we can get our questions answered. She also reaching out to a gastro colleague because everything she knows (her daughter as Celiac as well) the low IgA makes the blood test for celiac invalid. So we are still not 100% sure that she doesn't have it. Though high fructose corn syrup seems to be more of the issue.

For me, I haven't heard from the doctor yet. I am hoping I will hear from her by mid day. I am hanging in there though.

I am thankful for the sunshine we've had the past few days. Yesterday after work I actually went for a beach walk and it was low tide, so perfect timing.

And as always I am so thankful for the longer days, we're getting into two-fer territory where it feels like you get and entire extra day after work to do stuff.

@piglet1979-hugs I know the waiting and the worrying is the worst 😭 please keep us posted!

Thankful today that after a month break our women’s group is getting back together at church for a quick 4 week Bible study before we break for summer.

Thankful I have a free day tomorrow!! Although I will miss my niece (her Grandma is visiting for the week) it will be nice to have a free day! Hoping to run to joann fabrics with a coupon I have and get supplies to make a wreath!

Thankful I was able to make a hassle-free return at the phone place earlier today (a camera lens protector that I didn't end up opening because the screen protector came with one) and that the grocery store had DH's favorite sugar-free candy back in stock.

Looking forward to a class later this afternoon.

I am thankful that we found a great doctor for DD. It is in the same practice but she has really been following up with us on the low IgA that DD has. She is the first to tell us about. The gastro that did the test didn't even tell us. She is having us take DD to an Immunologist so we can get our questions answered. She also reaching out to a gastro colleague because everything she knows (her daughter as Celiac as well) the low IgA makes the blood test for celiac invalid. So we are still not 100% sure that she doesn't have it. Though high fructose corn syrup seems to be more of the issue.

For me, I haven't heard from the doctor yet. I am hoping I will hear from her by mid day. I am hanging in there though.
Thinking of you...hoping you get answers soon.

No real news yet. I talked to my doctor and she said I need to see my primary doctor. I completely understand this as it was my OBGYN that sent me for the MRI. Luckily, I already have an appointment for my check up with my primary tomorrow morning. I should have more info then. I am trying to not worry since my OB was not.

Hello all. It's been a very busy spring break so far and being off my normal schedule has kept me from posting. I have friends who have gone so many wonderful places this week: St. Lucia, Rio, Florida, etc... So many people asked me where I was going this week. I told them, "I'm going to get bloodwork. I'm going to get a mammogram. I'm going to get my physical. I going to visit the garden center. I'm going to do spring cleaning." Nothing exciting I'm afraid. My last spring break trip was in 2019 to Disneyland California and Arizona.

A late Woo Hoo! My bloodwork and mammogram were normal, and everything at my physical, EKG and blood pressure were normal as well.

It's been a long journey of very healthy eating to get me to this point. Yes, I still have a lot of weight to lose, but it isn't affecting my health, so that is a huge win. I couldn’t be more thankful.

Last edited:
Thankful I tested a sauce I made for dinner BEFORE dousing the chicken in it because it was a FAIL. If anyone has a hot honey recipe that is not crazy spicy send it my way!
Thankful for all the progress DD is making with her speech. She said her version of I love you (I ove who who) unprompted. It was the first time I heard the whole sentence come out of her mouth without someone else saying it first!
Thankful the weather has been decent for vaca this week. Today was kind of chilly but the rest of the week has been really nice and the kids have had lots of outdoor time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter