April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

Congratulations? I've made 7 month bookings too. We all have. I've even gotten Value rooms at AKL. I guess that means it's easy? Nobody ever said it was impossible, just hard and not something you can count on most of the time.

Which is why this comes down to individual situations. I have been shut out at 7 months of plenty of units I wanted but also, with work, got rooms much closer that I did.

So, it comes down to risk…if someone really doesn’t care, can flex, and will take whatever is there, no matter the room size, then home resort doesn’t matter,

But, I couldn’t get the one night I wanted at RIV in a GV for this past January at 7 months with my SSR points…got the other nights with RIv.

Never cane though via stalking or waitlist, so we had to have a room double booked so we were not homeless.

Which is why telling people there are never booking issues, which clearly there are, could end up seeming to be misleading to a new buyer..who goes in and finds it to be the opposite.

Bottom line is that there is no guarantee that using non home resorts is going to work every single time when plenty of owners have had issues.

Let’s stop arguing about it. When someone decides to buy, they should consider their own situation and go from there

Which is why this comes down to individual situations. I have been shut out at 7 months of plenty of units I wanted but also, with work, got rooms much closer that I did.

So, it comes down to risk…if someone really doesn’t care, can flex, and will take whatever is there, no matter the room size, then home resort doesn’t matter,

But, I couldn’t get the one night I wanted at RIV in a GV for this past January at 7 months with my SSR points…got the other nights with RIv.

Never cane though via stalking or waitlist, so we had to have a room double booked so we were not homeless.

Which is why telling people there are never booking issues, which clearly there are, could end up seeming to be misleading to a new buyer..who goes in and finds it to be the opposite.
Exactly. Lots of people have SSR points because they want cheap SAPs. More power to them, it's a perfectly valid strategy. But they're realistic about having to be flexible, they don't pretend they can get whatever they want at 7 months. But hey, if someone wants to feel like a genius with their SSR points, cool with me. It's just disingenuous to say 7 month issues aren't a thing.

EDIT: Oops, saw your previous post. No more arguing. Though technically in this post I was agreeing 🤣

I find the conversation in this thread interesting. Some of the ways we speak about DVC never changes. One shock to me after becoming a member and getting access to booking was how much of what I hear about the resorts having poor availability issues/hard to book/etc. was most of the time always an issue about studios and even more studios in the value room categories. As someone who was reading threads a lot and also listening to stories on FB groups about DVC booking problems I quickly learned I had to fill in the blanks of what was left out (in a way it's kind of fun like a DVC chat Mad Libs).

As someone who prefers the larger rooms and who bought in to DVC in the hope I'd find value compared to cash stays in "suite" like rooms, I've found that at 7 months I have quite a few options to book into at the times we want to get to WDW. I've even had good luck grabbing rooms at Grand Cal and Disneyland Hotel using my Florida points. The only resort that seems to require some strategy to book at 7 months is Beach Club but I did have luck moving one of my 2BRs there at 7 months but not the other. If I would have not been greedy and done the other family first who actually needs the 2BR we would have had it no problem (but my family would have had a 1BR which is fine).

Some things I'm processing in my brain as I consider if and how much I could/should buy during this current round of sales incentives....

Comparison of OKW to RVA GV Pricing in Points per SQ Feet (also threw in a 2BR to RVA STD for fun)

SQ FTPoints (Week July)SQ FT Per PointOKW vs RVA Delta
OKW GV23754185.68198%
RVA GV25308822.87-
OKW 2BR13952625.32157%
RVA 2BR (STD)12463683.39-

If you consider that you get 13 more years of points at RVA you would get 3,250 points more in the extra years (assuming a 250 point buy in). The OKW GV costs 464 points less than the RVA GV for the same week. I know that OKW GVs aren't that hard to get in July, but this would allow you to go for the much harder to book near HH ones that I'm sure would be better to book if you wanted to use OKW as a every few year option for a quick trip to WDW. You would only have to use this approach about 7 times to make up the delta between the lower life of the OKW contract due to the huge delta in the point chart. That means you would have to do this about once every 4 to 5 years in the 34 years OKW is left. My only concern with OKW is all the stairs.... but it would make a solid value add to the portfolio. It's also very easy to achieve the GV every other year with 250 points at OKW. At RVA.... LOL... You aren't getting a GV every other year for 250 points.

I find the conversation in this thread interesting. Some of the ways we speak about DVC never changes. One shock to me after becoming a member and getting access to booking was how much of what I hear about the resorts having poor availability issues/hard to book/etc. was most of the time always an issue about studios and even more studios in the value room categories. As someone who was reading threads a lot and also listening to stories on FB groups about DVC booking problems I quickly learned I had to fill in the blanks of what was left out (in a way it's kind of fun like a DVC chat Mad Libs).

As someone who prefers the larger rooms and who bought in to DVC in the hope I'd find value compared to cash stays in "suite" like rooms, I've found that at 7 months I have quite a few options to book into at the times we want to get to WDW. I've even had good luck grabbing rooms at Grand Cal and Disneyland Hotel using my Florida points. The only resort that seems to require some strategy to book at 7 months is Beach Club but I did have luck moving one of my 2BRs there at 7 months but not the other. If I would have not been greedy and done the other family first who actually needs the 2BR we would have had it no problem (but my family would have had a 1BR which is fine).

Some things I'm processing in my brain as I consider if and how much I could/should buy during this current round of sales incentives....

Comparison of OKW to RVA GV Pricing in Points per SQ Feet (also threw in a 2BR to RVA STD for fun)

SQ FTPoints (Week July)SQ FT Per PointOKW vs RVA Delta
OKW GV23754185.68198%
RVA GV25308822.87-
OKW 2BR13952625.32157%
RVA 2BR (STD)12463683.39-

If you consider that you get 13 more years of points at RVA you would get 3,250 points more in the extra years (assuming a 250 point buy in). The OKW GV costs 464 points less than the RVA GV for the same week. I know that OKW GVs aren't that hard to get in July, but this would allow you to go for the much harder to book near HH ones that I'm sure would be better to book if you wanted to use OKW as a every few year option for a quick trip to WDW. You would only have to use this approach about 7 times to make up the delta between the lower life of the OKW contract due to the huge delta in the point chart. That means you would have to do this about once every 4 to 5 years in the 34 years OKW is left. My only concern with OKW is all the stairs.... but it would make a solid value add to the portfolio. It's also very easy to achieve the GV every other year with 250 points at OKW. At RVA.... LOL... You aren't getting a GV every other year for 250 points.
Yeah the higher RIV point charts are no fun. Something to think about as well though: You can often use RIV points at OKW as OKW is one of the last to fill up. It is harder to use OKW points at RIV because it fills up faster. Because you get more lifetime points on the RIV contract due to the later expiration, if you buy those RIV points and book ONLY OKW rooms (heavily assuming here just for the math, nothing is ever available 100% of the time) (other than maaaaybe Poly Bungalows 🤣) then you effectively extend your contract by 39% while only paying around 17% more for the contract up front (30ish vs 25ish thousand at the level we mentioned earlier), AND probably having cheaper dues the ENTIRE time they are both active...

And then you can also book at RIV easier when you want as well for fun/location. Just a thought experiment I thought of since buying in at a high point chart resort with a long expiration, then using those points at a low point chart resort when available can basically multiply your points over time.

Easy math portion:
46 years remain/33years remain = 139% as many years (or points you can see them as)
30k/25k = costing 117% the cost of the OKW contract, then having lower dues as well!

For me out of the two it would 100% be RIV at this point in this incentive cycle

Last edited:
OKW is one of the last to fill up
Near HH GVs are a whole different duck. They seem to be very very popular. I could see staying at OKW for a few nights every other year or so to be a great option for stays to be right there near the main pool and such. Also would be a good staging ground to hop on the freeway and head north for some Universal fun if that's in the mix.

Near HH GVs are a whole different duck. They seem to be very very popular. I could see staying at OKW for a few nights every other year or so to be a great option for stays to be right there near the main pool and such. Also would be a good staging ground to hop on the freeway and head north for some Universal fun if that's in the mix.

Yeah if you want to guarantee a certain room then it may be worth it to you. Also with all of the home resorts in your sig I think you can manage just one more lol

OKW for Universal Days?

OKW for Universal Days?
I would guess that OKW or SSR are good spots for easy access for i4 to head north towards US. Goal is to instead do a swap and book a 5 day US premier resort on a good package deal but some trips we may just do a few days at US and more resort time and I guess OKW would be great for that.

Or as an alternative if you don't like renting a car we usually book a a couple nights at a UO hotel that gives express pass using our credit card points then just Lyft or Uber over

We find SSR much more convenient for the days we visit Universal, although we too prefer Turkey Lake Road or the 435 to get there, even if it takes a few minutes more.

We always used to book a GV at SSR until I realised what a waste of points they were. Realising I could book two x two bedroom villas for almost the same price was a bit of an eye opener. Now we always squeeze into (!) a two bedroom and our points go much further, leaving us points to rent out most years to pay for the cost of dues. If travelling with a larger group we would almost certainly rent two x two bedrooms rather than a grand villa. There used to be a great chart which depicted estimated availability each month of the year for all room categories at each resort. From memory, this showed that you could book a two bedroom villa at almost any resort most months of the years at the seven month mark (perhaps other than BRV and CC at Christmas). That’s certainly been our experience. We were able to book a two bedroom at BCV at Easter week 2024 and a cabin at Wilderness lodge as one off treat the week after at the seven month mark without any problem.

If travelling with a larger group we would almost certainly rent two x two bedrooms rather than a grand villa
For sure multiple two bedrooms are a better value for more doors and dedicated sleeping surfaces. We also love AKV-K for the extra bathroom. We usually “have” to get a GV to use as a common space for the family for dinner and game/family nights as it’s much more fun to have 30 people in a GV vs a 2 BR. We are currently planning for our 2026 family trip and we’ll be hosting at least mid to high 20s for the reunion.

For sure multiple two bedrooms are a better value for more doors and dedicated sleeping surfaces. We also love AKV-K for the extra bathroom. We usually “have” to get a GV to use as a common space for the family for dinner and game/family nights as it’s much more fun to have 30 people in a GV vs a 2 BR. We are currently planning for our 2026 family trip and we’ll be hosting at least mid to high 20s for the reunion.
I know I’m saying this to someone who probably agrees with me… but GVs aren’t about “value” compared to 2x2BD… they are about an elevated experience!

I know I’m saying this to someone who probably agrees with me… but GVs aren’t about “value” compared to 2x2BD… they are about an elevated experience!
I do understand that. We travel as a family of five so many would think it’s not good value for us to stay in a two bedroom villa, but that is now our preference. For us, that is good value compared to a GV though and means we can instead stay at VGF instead of SSR for similar or less points.

I prefer the slightly smaller squarer table in the cabin (technically a two bedroom) 😉
I want to stay in a cabin so bad. Every time I consider it I see how close it is to the GV in cost and I just go GV. I am debating on doing a cabin for the 2026 trip as our gathering spot. Will depend on how many people come and if we pick WL as the resort for the trip. Right now WL and AKL are the top choices.

View attachment 851291

None of these were booked with Home Resor

Also let's be honest on his example, is summer in WDW that difficult to find rooms? Let see October, holidays and most of March thru Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter