• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

I really wanted to pickup some VGC but my fam said nope. It’s completely my fault for booking the grand villa. In my head I’m doing something nice for my family and then it ends up costing the equivalent of a car. I am very logical and spreadsheet driven yet this was completely an emotional decision and I am ok with it. Go for it!
Did they have direct VGC available?

I also became a hybrid member last week with a 150pt direct purchase at OKW to add to my 2 resale contracts. I was pleased with the split visa payments offered over 3 months, but I have had some technical problems in that my points haven’t yet loaded in the app and when I called Saturday, cast member told me I have to wait until the contracts office opens Monday to resolve the issue, though I can see my digital blue card for the first time - a sweet moment for sure. My guide told me I can call back and assign a new Visa card to my 2nd and 3rd payments. I got approved for the Disney visa and am waiting for the card. My first payment went on my Chase Southwest for the air miles. Can someone with a Chase card tell me more about My Chase Plan? Is it zero interest?

I also became a hybrid member last week with a 150pt direct purchase at OKW to add to my 2 resale contracts. I was pleased with the split visa payments offered over 3 months, but I have had some technical problems in that my points haven’t yet loaded in the app and when I called Saturday, cast member told me I have to wait until the contracts office opens Monday to resolve the issue, though I can see my digital blue card for the first time - a sweet moment for sure. My guide told me I can call back and assign a new Visa card to my 2nd and 3rd payments. I got approved for the Disney visa and am waiting for the card. My first payment went on my Chase Southwest for the air miles. Can someone with a Chase card tell me more about My Chase Plan? Is it zero interest?
I have not been able to verify if you will qualify for a zero fee My Chase Plan when opening a new card. There isnt any language I have seen promoting that. The zero fee thing is a promotion they run occasionally. At one point the first time you used the plan it was zero fee. You may need to talk with someone from Chase to verify.

If you don't qualify for a zero fee plan they charge 1.74% of the total initial payment every month until it is paid off in full. If you only need a month or two to pay it in full its not bad but the effective rate over a full year is much higher than 1.74% because the way I understand it is even if you only have $50 left to pay off, your monthly fee is 1.74% of the original amount.

I'm opening a new sapphire card when I buy DVC in June and hoping for a fee free plan option but planning to have pay in full without it in case there are fees.

I have not been able to verify if you will qualify for a zero fee My Chase Plan when opening a new card. There isnt any language I have seen promoting that. The zero fee thing is a promotion they run occasionally. At one point the first time you used the plan it was zero fee. You may need to talk with someone from Chase to verify.

If you don't qualify for a zero fee plan they charge 1.74% of the total initial payment every month until it is paid off in full. If you only need a month or two to pay it in full its not bad but the effective rate over a full year is much higher than 1.74% because the way I understand it is even if you only have $50 left to pay off, your monthly fee is 1.74% of the original amount.

I'm opening a new sapphire card when I buy DVC in June and hoping for a fee free plan option but planning to have pay in full without it in case there are fees.
Thanks to this Chase info, I watched a couple of YT videos and figured out how to see the My Plan offer in my app. Interestingly, when I use the estimator on 10k to see what the offer will be, a 1.74% fee for 12 months was offered, but when I clicked on my actual 1st 10k payment, which I already planned on paying in full, it offered 0% fees for 12 months. Not sure how often this pops up, probably for me because I have never used it in 15 years of having a Chase card. Obviously, you don’t get the reward points for that, but I’m thinking my 3rd payment might be a nice place to buffer my finances.

Thanks to this Chase info, I watched a couple of YT videos and figured out how to see the My Plan offer in my app. Interestingly, when I use the estimator on 10k to see what the offer will be, a 1.74% fee for 12 months was offered, but when I clicked on my actual 1st 10k payment, which I already planned on paying in full, it offered 0% fees for 12 months. Not sure how often this pops up, probably for me because I have never used it in 15 years of having a Chase card. Obviously, you don’t get the reward points for that, but I’m thinking my 3rd payment might be a nice place to buffer my finances.
Can you share what you watched or how to do this? I have Chase but can’t tell how to see the estimate/availability.

That's good to know! Sounds like your first payment you use it on will be zero fee then. I have not ever used the plan option with my only chase card (freedom flex card) but don't have any current purchases on the card to verify if there are fees for me.

Where did you see that you don't get reward points from your purchase when using the My Plan? I don't think I noticed that stated in their terms previously.

That's good to know! Sounds like your first payment you use it on will be zero fee then. I have not ever used the plan option with my only chase card (freedom flex card) but don't have any current purchases on the card to verify if there are fees for me.

Where did you see that you don't get reward points from your purchase when using the My Plan? I don't think I noticed that stated in their terms previously.
I can’t really figure out for sure if you get rewards or not. I just assumed because you need to pay off the balance in full each month to receive the reward points, that it wouldn’t happen with the outstanding balance. I wonder if any one has actually used My Plan Chase (which could also be for the Disney card) and can verify?

To be very clear:

Chase’s My Plan feature (which many other card companies offer under other names) is different for everyone and every card.

You may not get good rates from it. You might get awful rates from it.

Be VERY sure to check all of the details BEFORE you buy. And if you have several chase cards, check them all out to see what rates and special offers you have for each one - they will vary.

To be very clear:

Chase’s My Plan feature (which many other card companies offer under other names) is different for everyone and every card.

You may not get good rates from it. You might get awful rates from it.

Be VERY sure to check all of the details BEFORE you buy. And if you have several chase cards, check them all out to see what rates and special offers you have for each one - they will vary.
I noticed that the rate varied for each Chase card I have. I am thinking it also depends on your total credit limit for each card as well.

I noticed that the rate varied for each Chase card I have. I am thinking it also depends on your total credit limit for each card as well.
It very well may.

Another random remembering:

These programs also often decrease the credit limit reported to the ratings agencies by the amount of the “loan”. So your utilization would increase and your available credit would decrease by double the expected amount. I know for a fact that is how the Citi one works. I’m not sure if Chase does the same thing.

If you already have great credit and large limits it may be irrelevant. If you have small limits and a good score it may make a meaningful difference. It’s hard to say since the formulas are secret.

As always, be sure to read the details everyone!

I can’t really figure out for sure if you get rewards or not. I just assumed because you need to pay off the balance in full each month to receive the reward points, that it wouldn’t happen with the outstanding balance. I wonder if any one has actually used My Plan Chase (which could also be for the Disney card) and can verify?
I have used the My Chase Plan with my Chase Southwest and you do receive your rewards points at the end of the billing cycle. In fact, I received an email offering zero fees for my first chase plan, and when I went to check it out it allowed me to look at the last 3 months of transactions to choose one. I was able to put our almost $4k Disney tickets purchase into 24 months with no interest, no fees.

Long time reader, first time poster. Figured I would share what my guide told me.

I inquired if I could combine the RIV and AUL incentives to hit threshold levels since the incentive levels are EXACTLY the same through the 200-249 point levels for current members (i.e., buy 50 AUL and 50 RIV to hit the 100 point incentive of $17 per point off, 75 AUL and 75 RIV to hit the 150 point incentives of $17 per point and $1500 Welcome Home, etc…). I think this was previously allowed for RIV and CCV back in 2020(?) when incentives were the exact same.

My guide told me that he’s still working with his leadership to see if this can be approved because they did not previously contemplate this. Currently the answer is no, but my guide has followed up multiple times saying he’s trying to convince leadership since the incentives are the exact same between the two resorts. No clue where this will land, but if they can’t do that then I might have to happily “settle” for another 100 RIV points.

Figured I’d share in case others were thinking the same thing.
As a follow-up to my previous post, DVC did allow me to combine RIV and AUL to hit the 150 point incentive level. So I added 95 points at RIV and 55 points at AUL while getting the $17 per point off plus the $1500 Welcome Home Additional Credit for existing members. They even offered magical beginnings but I declined that (I would rather have the points!).

As a follow-up to my previous post, DVC did allow me to combine RIV and AUL to hit the 150 point incentive level. So I added 95 points at RIV and 55 points at AUL while getting the $17 per point off plus the $1500 Welcome Home Additional Credit for existing members. They even offered magical beginnings but I declined that (I would rather have the points!).
That’s awesome! I wish they would allow this for RIV and the Poly tower when they goes on sale. I’d absolutely by 100pts each to get whatever 200pt incentive they’d be offering but that’s very unlikely since neither starting prices, nor incentives will be the same. A win for you nonetheless, congrats and welcome home!

Did you happen to inquire if it would be possible to do this with VDH in the mix? 🧐

Amazing news! Hopefully they will let you do it with the others. Looks like the price discount per point is the same... But some of the welcome home offers are different (like 2000 vs 1500 at the 150 point level for example) Maybe they will do it if you take the lower of the 2 welcome home offers? That would be a fair trade off I think. Only way to find out is for the first person to pony up and try it! lol

Did you happen to inquire if it would be possible to do this with VDH in the mix? 🧐
I did not inquire about VDH, but my understanding is that this would not work for combining VDH and any of the other currently active selling resorts because VDH is a different price per point and the incentive amounts for the Welcome Home Additional Credit are different.

My guide did tell me that this worked for RIV and AUL because the price per point and incentives were exactly the same for these two through the 200-249 point levels.

Doesn’t hurt to ask your guide though since I didn’t specifically inquire about VDH (or the Cabins)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter