April or May...which would you choose?

emsip

Mouseketeer
I am in the beginning stages of planning next year's trip :goodvibes . We have to go either in April or May. I have never gone on either of those months so I don't know which would be the better choice. I will definitly avoid Easter week, as well as Memorial Day weekend. I want to go when the crowd will be the lowest. Is there anything else going on at WDW that will affect the crowds? Will spring break be over by that time?

Most of April will still be within spring break times, but I would think the end of the month might be better than earlier in the month. May shouldn't be crowded, but it could be hot!

by may yes and I think the end of April is when spring break finally ends.

the flower/garden festavial is going on - it is lovely!!!

I love WDW in the springtime - everything is blooming.

In may'june - star tours weekend

mother's day is sometimes crowded.

I would pick the beginning of May.

Easter is April 16 this year. I'd go the beginning of May since it's relatively late.

:sunny: It's hot in May but we love it! We've taken our annual trip in late May for the last 4 years. Crowds aren't too bad during the week. ::MinnieMo

emsip said:
Will spring break be over by that time?
Stay away from April. Spring Breaks last forever! I was there last 4/26 - 4/30 and it was still crowded with breakers. Go in early May.

...if you ask me.

CaliforniaDreaming said:
How is it the middle of May (between Mother's Day and Memorial Day)?

We were there last year during that time period and found it very hot. I think we were still not acclimated at all to summer temps as it is still cool here in May.

With regards to Grad nights, does anyone know if the sound travels as far as the Polynesian? We were planning a split Polynesian/BCV trip.

I've gone around Mother's Day the past 6 years and it's a great time to go. There have been times that it went into the low 90's but there wasn't the oppressive humidity of summer. Last May it was only in the low to mid 80's. Very little rain.

We're going for Mother's Day '06. We've been at different times in May because we always go to the Flower show. In '04 we were there the first weekend of May, and I remember chilly rain for part of our time there. Last year we were there during the last week, before Memorial Day weekend, and the crowds weren't bad and the weather was fine! The gardenias by the BCV were blooming and it smelled heavenly.

I remember that we FINALLY saw Peter Pan fly during wishes, this was the Wednesday before Memorial day. Noteworthy to me! We sat by the hot dog store and there was 1 tree in the way, but it was the best view we've ever had!

If I didn't have a set schedule with work, I would always want to go that last week in May and then on to VB like we did this year.

Bobbi :flower:

Well, we must have been there between Debbie and Bobbi and got the hot weather!!!

We go 1st wk in May every year for the flower and garden festival and the FLOWER POWER CONCERTS at Epcot . Here is a list of groups right now from Steve Soars site
Flower & Garden Festival: April 21 - June 11, 2006

List under construction:
The Buckinghams April 25-27 :rockband:
Gary Puckett April 28-May 1
The Grass Roots starring Rob Grill May 2-4
Paul Revere & The Raiders May 5-8
Davy Jones May 12-15
The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie June 6-7
Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone June 8-11

:dancer: this list is not complete yet

paults, you have made me feel very giddy, we're going to be in VWL for a trip in June between my spring and summer quarters. We never tried that before. You're showing Herman's Hermits for the last weekend and we will be there. My DS's would go bananas when I played my Herman's Hermit record for them, they couldn't believe such songs were ever ever played and popular!!!

Bobbi :flower:

We were there Memorial Day last year. We won't be doing that again. It was WAY too hot. We were also there last year the week of April 17th. Crowds weren't bad at all, and the weather was cold when we arrived, and warm by the time we left...it was MUCH more pleasant than May.

:wave:

Beca

DebbieB said:
I was there 5/7 to 5/12.

We were there 5/18 to 5/26. What a difference a week makes I guess. We were considering the same time frame this year but the memory of last year sealed it for us. I guess we're wimps when it comes to heat. :rotfl:

Beca said:
We were there Memorial Day last year. We won't be doing that again. It was WAY too hot. We were also there last year the week of April 17th. Crowds weren't bad at all, and the weather was cold when we arrived, and warm by the time we left...it was MUCH more pleasant than May.

:wave:

Beca

End of April sounds nice, Beca. :flower:

May. The weather is great, the crowds are light and F&G is at Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter