Aqua Duck weight limit

oam

Mouseketeer
Would anyone have some first hand knowledge of people getting stuck on the Aqua Duck. Are you more likely to get stuck being on the lighter side or the heavier side.

Lighter riders get stuck more often. This is generally the physics of water slides, even though you'd think the opposite.

Definitely lighter people. There is a minimum height and age that must be met to be able to ride it alone. When there are heavy winds, that requirement is raised and they force tandem riding for more guests.

I was 265ish and my son was 75-80lb when we sailed on the Dream in January 2018. Rode the Aqua Duck several times and never got stuck. They did let a bit of air out of the raft when they put us in it tandem.

Yep, lighter gets stuck because they don’t have as much momentum to keep going (momentum = mass x velocity). We have some skinny kids and although they meet the height to go alone they go tandem to avoid getting stuck. As a heavy-ish person, I never get stuck.

Firsthand knowledge combined weight around 700lbs, no issue and never got stuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter