Aquatica in cold weather?

nile455

<font color=green>Have you met the Monsters of the
I noticed that Aquatica is open year round. Has anyone ever gone in cold weather? Do they heat the pools more than normal? I can't imagine a water park in January. Anyone?

Not more than normal, but mid-80s feels very warm when it's in the 50s.

I've done a couple days there in late December, burning vacation days when I didn't feel like facing the crowds everywhere else. They run the park at bare minimum staff--only one restaurant open, only one wave pool, but you really will have the place to yourself. If you stay in the sun, not too bad.

BTW, they do shut down Aquatica if it gets too cold. I think the magic number might be 45 degrees.

I went to Aquatica today and I was very disappointed in the water temperature. It was not a freezing cold day by any means (68-72 degrees) but cool and windy enough to merit heated water, and I do not think it was heated very much at all. It felt friggen freezing. I didn't even try waiting in line for a slide, all I did was the wave pool and Loggerhead Lane. Most of the people I saw were just walking as fast as they could with their arms folded and shivering. I felt pretty ridiculous for going in the first place and I got the impression most of the others felt that way too. I can't even imagine how it must be when it's in the low 50s. But then again maybe they heat the water much more.

I'll leave Aquatica in the 40's to 60's to you guys,I went to Aquatica this year in what must have been one of the hottest days of the year,my cars thermometer read 103,the weather channel said the heat indexes were in the 115-120 range and the thermometer in their wavepool had 100 most of the day,with that heat and very few clouds it was probably as perfect waterpark weather as it gets.The coldest I've ever been to a waterpark was a few years ago to Blizzard Beach,it was probably in the 50's in the morning and probably got into the low 70's,I was fine if I was in the sun but in the shade I was pretty cold,I am from Florida though,a day like that is probably great for people from colder climates.

Hi

We went this time last year when the weather really dropped and all the parks etc were bitterly cold. When the weather started picking up again, our 2nd week, we tried Aquatica and some of the pools were heated and fine but the kids areas didn't seem to be very heated. Sunbathing wasn't too pleasant either because if there was a slight breeze it was cold!

If you have the tickets with no limit to go and want something relaxing to do it is worth a try. I particularly feel the cold and it wasn't too bad considering the actual weather at the time.

A few weeks ago I had the best time of Aquatica. And it's late on a Sunday in September. 2 or more people can not remember the name of a so-large an inner tube down a ride where we or any other thing, did not have to wait too long. I am hoping to go again before the cold weather hits!

Last year the water temp was wonderful when we visited in December and crowds were low. This Dec the water temp was much colder then last year. Not sure why. Crowds were still low and kids had a blast but they were purple when we left and I could not do anything. I was a little disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter