Are ADRs Largely Still a Challenge to Get

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
In many of our past trips we found that many ADRs were hard to book. I am not necessarily referring to the Luau, Cinderella Royal Table or Hoop de Doo, but general reservations like Boathouse, Narcoossee's, Topolino's, etc.

Is that still the case today?

I booked dining for my July trip on three days over this past week (three resort split stay, so three separate opening days for booking windows) and it was the easiest time I've ever had booking dining. Got everything we wanted at pretty much the exact time we wanted and it includes things like 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, and Cinderella's Royal Table. And I didn't wake up early specially for it either this time, booked between 8:00 and 9:00am.

I was booking for a party of 7 this time instead of 5 and I found reservations pretty difficult. I had to settle for Via Napoli at 4:30 pm for dinner and I was up and ready early morning when they opened. I think it has more to do with booking for a larger party.

Our ADR was yesterday. Sci-Fi Drive In and Ohana were booked up. Was able to book those further out. Days 4 & 5 into our trip and switched to 4pm dinner times across the board. 5pm-6pm slots were nonexistent for a lot of places. Boathouse was wide open. Homecomin wasn’t.

Party of 4 and was up at 3am PST/6am EST to book.

Last edited:
I didn't get a hard time booking our 2022 reservations or this year. I booked about 59 days out for this trip and within two weeks for our 2022 trip.

For a party of 4, we found this May to be much easier than trips the last several years.

Personally, booking about 55 days out for my upcoming June trip was the easiest I've had since pre-pandemic. Just about everything that's usually hard to get was available for dinner hours (between 6-9pm) - Le Cellier, Space 220, Art Smith's, Topolino's, Steakhouse 71, Woody's, Cinderella's Table, and so on. I can't think of anything that was unavailable.

I wasn't looking at breakfasts or lunches as I only ADR for dinners. I hope it's this easy again for my September trip.

Nothing at all hard to get. Nothing. Maybe Space 220 lounge but that's about it.

Yep that Space 220 lounge is a pain! Right now I have a reservation but only for 2 and I need 3. I am going to beg, borrow, and please on the day of and see what will happen.

I forgot about my booking window. I got everything I wanted day of and even a few days to weeks later.

Yep that Space 220 lounge is a pain! Right now I have a reservation but only for 2 and I need 3. I am going to beg, borrow, and please on the day of and see what will happen.
FWIW the same exact thing happened to me last month and they were cool about it. Hope it works out for you too!

FWIW the same exact thing happened to me last month and they were cool about it. Hope it works out for you too!
Aww thanks, I'm sure hoping so! I'll actually be in Epcot twice this trip and my reservation is for the second day. If I'm near the lounge on day 1, I may swing over and ask that day too. We'll see!

Space 220 Lounge next to impossible. Topolino's dinner goes quickly. Boathouse prime dinner times fill quickly.

I was able to book Space 220 Lounge for lunch for 2 people on our upcoming July visit. I was shocked as I forgot all about it that morning until noon. We are there for four days, and the final two days still had openings for Space 220 Lounge.

It really depends on party size and days you are going.

It’s way easier now than it used to be. We leave Saturday and there are still openings at many of our restaurants during Memorial Day weekend!

I booked this AM right at 6 AM EST and got all the restaurants for days and times I wanted! Whohoo!
Even Topolina’s, Beaches & Cream, Sci Fi. Now party of 3 so probably easier but much better than expecting. I even looked now (3 hrs after ressies opening) and could get most maybe not exact day or time but still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter