• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Tent/Popup sites shaded???

Jason Reedy

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We leave in 11 days, and can't wait. We stayed in our Tramper (converted trailer) this weekend and it was 95 and in the sun...it got hot inside even with the A/C going. Are the sites in the tent/popup loops shaded? If not, I have an idea, but it's cost me $100 and I am trying to save our money for the trip. Thanks!!

For the most part they are shaded. You might not have shade all day but for the most part yes.

Our site was shaded but a reflective tarp made a huge difference. We left the front wall exposed to access the door. We could feel heat coming in that wall in the am but all other walls and roof stayed cool. That only cost about $20 @ harbour freight.

My idea is to cover the whole trailer with a tarp...but it'd cost $80 for a tarp that size...I think we will be okay though.

I bought reflective blankets (shiny one side, orange the other) from amazon and we bungee them over our popup ends. Makes a big difference in the heat there.

My idea is to cover the whole trailer with a tarp...but it'd cost $80 for a tarp that size...I think we will be okay though.
Well just consider that if you DO decide to go that route, to not just "Cover" it, rather you need a gap between the tarp and the trailer so air can flow, otherwise, it won't be very effective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter