Are the Contemporary Tower rooms different from the Garden Wing rooms?

GoingtoWDWagain

All because two people fell in love.....
Hi, I know the garden wing rooms are off to the side of the tower, but is the inside of the tower rooms different from the garden rooms, larger, seperate toilet area, decor, etc......... Would love to see photos as well :thumbsup2

Thanks a bunch ;)

I'm pretty sure that garden wing rooms are exactly the same as tower rooms, except that garden rooms do not have balconies. I think CR's room decor is absolutely gorgeous.

IMG_6352.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

I agree Donald. The rooms are very pleasing to the eye. I have posted more room pics on the contemporary photo only thread.

These are great pictures. Thanks, we are considering staying there for a few nights this summer.

I'm pretty sure that garden wing rooms are exactly the same as tower rooms, except that garden rooms do not have balconies. I think CR's room decor is absolutely gorgeous.

IMG_6352.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

I have seen you post these pictures before and was wondering did the CPU come w/ the room or is that your desktop?

the internet is free. i saw some sites where they say CR charges for high speed internet (non wifi)

That is 100% correct and the Garden Wing rooms on the 1st floor have a patio, however there are no balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms.

Do the standard rooms on the 1st floor have balconies? What is the view from a standard room....parking lot?

Thanks a bunch in advance ;)

I am paying extra to be on the monorail to Disney instead of the bus, but would hate to walk 15 minutes between my room and the monorail! Do I need to upgrade to the tower?

I am paying extra to be on the monorail to Disney instead of the bus, but would hate to walk 15 minutes between my room and the monorail! Do I need to upgrade to the tower?
I would say it's about a 5 minute or less walk to the Tower lobby and then it's just an elevator ride to the 4th floor where the Monorail station is located. There is also an esclator you can take to the 2nd floor and from there is another one you can take to the 4th floor, if you rather not wait for the elevator.

Hi again, I know one side of the garden rooms was torn down and replaced by the new building, is the walk from the other side of garden rooms longer then the side that was torn down?

How different is staying in a garden room from a tower room? We don't stay in the room much.

Thanks a bunch:thumbsup2

Hi again, I know one side of the garden rooms was torn down and replaced by the new building, is the walk from the other side of garden rooms longer then the side that was torn down?

How different is staying in a garden room from a tower room? We use don't stay in the room much.

Thanks a bunch:thumbsup2
Like I said before the walk from the South Garden Wing to the Tower is 5 minutes or less so it's not that bad. In terms of how much difference there is the only one I can think of is that in the Tower you can look down onto the 4th floor and see everything that's going on, where as the Garden Wing rooms will be more quiet. However the rooms in the Tower and Garden Wing look exactly the same.

I read somewhere that the North Tower (which got torn down) was closer to the MK while the South Tower is closer to the Convertion Center. Thus, this wing is a longer walk to the MK.

Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the South Wing to the MK?

I read somewhere that the North Tower (which got torn down) was closer to the MK while the South Tower is closer to the Convertion Center. Thus, this wing is a longer walk to the MK.

Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the South Wing to the MK?
If I had to guess I would say the total walk from the South Garden Wing to the Magic Kingdom takes about 12 minutes give or take. It's a less then 5 minute walk to the Tower lobby and from there you would exit towards the bus station and from there get on the walkway to the Magic Kingdom.

Since I've waited 20 minutes for a bus and stood on the bus squished like a sardine for an additional 15 minutes, I'll take a 12 minute walk any day!!!

Since I've waited 20 minutes for a bus and stood on the bus squished like a sardine for an additional 15 minutes, I'll take a 12 minute walk any day!!!
Just remember I was estimating that it's 12 minutes, although I would say it's an accurate guess since I find it to be an 8-10 minute walk. I usually would time it when we get on the walkway and since we have not stayed in the South Garden Wing we have never walked it starting from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter