Are the scooters availablefor rent right at the resorts?

lustergirl

DIS Veteran
My mom may be coming on our next trip and I will have to rent her a scooter to get around the parks with. I hope the name is scooter, I can't think of the proper word right now, lol. On our trip in September I could of sworn that I seen them right in the front of the All Star Sports where we stayed. I know that they have them at the parks but it would be nice to have it at the resort so my mom can get on the bus as well. Also does anyone know the price to rent one per day?

Lisa

They are most frequently referred to as ECVs and you can't rent one at the resorts just at the parks as far as I have ever heard.

If you check the disAbility forum, there is information about renting them from offsite companies for length of stay. Check the FAQs at the top of the page.

Thanks for moving this here, Safetymom.
As was already mentioned, you can't rent them at the resorts, only at the parks or from one of the offsite companies. The disABILITIES FAQs thread has links to the companies that DIS posters most often mention using.

You very well might have seen some ECVs at the check in place at AS Sports. Even though they don't rent them at the resorts, there are 2 reasons they might be there.
1) Only one of the companies (Randy's) requires the renter to be present when the ECV is dropped off and picked up. The rest will deliver the ECV to the desk at the resort for pick up by the guest when they arrive.
2) Most resorts will keep them there and charge them if you don't want to/don't have room in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter