are there ever any great specials on DCL?

Vals

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. We just returned last Sun from our 1st cruise on the DCL-Western-actually 1st cruise ever! want to go again. BUT i used up & had to borrow my DVC pts from next yr to go. Going to work more, save all of my change etc etc so I can afford to go again! Is there anyone that has great specials from time to time, like last minute specials that you can get when you go to the caribbean-ie off season?? thanks

They have some great Florida resident specials. Every once in awhile I've seen Fall specials. Usually your best bet is to book far in advance to receive the early booking special.

SDoane, thanks for the info, i actualy live in Canada-so.. cant take advantage of the Fl discounts! Im curious-if you dont mind me asking-how much is your cruise for New Years? Do you know if its totally booked?? thanks

We booked our with DVC points and cash. I believe, if memory serves me correctly, the bill was $40086 and 224 dvc points. This is for a cat 10 with 3 adults and one child. Pricey, but hopefully well worth it. I do believe that it is sold out. Not 100% sure though.

$40086 ..... sdoane - I hope that was a typo. If not, "pricey" is not the word I would use to describe the cost of a cruise for 4 people!!! LOL.

I believe there are occasional Canadian Resident specials with DCL. I think I saw some at www.mousesavers.com . Look at the page on DCL. Don't know of any other reliable source for discounts. Certain seasons are lower: fall (September, November, except Thanksgiving) Winter (some of January, February) and May. These are generally the months with FLorida resident promotions. Last minute specials are generally non existant, though this September seemed to have a few. DCL offers the cruise to cast members on a last minute basis from what I understand.

we took advantage of a last minute deal for 9/6/03. $599/adult $399/child with a $50 rebate and $75 onboard credit for a cat 11 room. We booked the trip mid august for 9/6, so great deals do happen

If you go to www.vacationstogo.com and click on the 90 day ticker you can get some good last minute cruise deals. Have never done this but the prices look really good if you are able to go without much notice.

Val,
Have you priced thru All Seasons Travel (allseastravel.com)? I too priced a DCL W/C using DVC points for 7-31-04. Cat 4 stateroom, 2 adults, 1 17yo, 1 11yo, it was 318 points plus $49XX. Cash thru DCL was about 8200 if I recall correctly. All Seasons was about 6700. I understand AAA also has good rates time-to-time.
Bill

CGC33A-thanks for the link to mousesavers.com-she has lots of very good info there-I have saved the site & will go there to thoroughly expore it, when I have more time!
Thanks to patches-4 for the vacationstogo.com site-hmmmm, the Sept 28 cruise is a great price! thinking.... but i will probably be/at least I should be very busy with my business!
Thanks to everyone who gave me sites to look at for discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter