Are you still “quarantining” or have you resumed most activities?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
We are pretty low key in our house anyway, but we have resumed getting together with family. My two daughters are working part time summer jobs but social distancing. One is at a small marina and the other drives the beer cart at a small, local golf course. They are also outside all day so that is good too. Some stores here are still not open even though they are allowed to be. We have not dined out in months and now that the nice weather is here, I miss it.

This week, we do plan to go to the beach, but it is a generally quiet one with lots of room to spread out and where you can walk for miles if you want. Also doing some canoeing and kayaking and ha going out at our pool.

‘What about you? Back to get together with people or still at home laying low?

‘When I see the pictures on the news sites, I think we are practically the only ones still laying low. Are we? Or are you too?

Still laying low. Go out for groceries once a week with a mask. Pickup food twice a week, still not ready to dine in yet, although a few restaurants have reopened. Barber shops have reopened, be at least another month before I consider a hair cut. No family gatherings either. Just not work the risk.
I've been working from home since March 20. I've been on furlough this week so not up to date on the latest corporate policy on returning to the building. But I have seen on Facebook that some of our locations that had let a few people back in the building.......no more than 3 additional people per location.......decided yesterday that those people are going to have to go back to working at home for at least another month if not months.
I don't expect much change for months, if at all in 2020.

Still under an official shut down order but in the next few days we'll get on a commuter train and visit a beach on Long Island to grill and relax on the beach. No gloves but yes to masks and staying as far away as possible from others.

Still quarantining here. My country is only in phase 2, retail and outside recreation areas such as parks and beaches have opened. Schools, services, bars, restaurants and hotels are all still closed. We have a 20 km non essential travel limit. Working from home where possible has become the big thing. Public transport capacity is severely restricted, the city buses have a pre Covid capacity of 125 passengers but now will only allow 17 passengers at a time.

I have only left the house once in the last 4 weeks. I don't drive and get weekly grocery delivers.

Most things are open now but I'm doing little outside the house. I do shop for groceries but wear a mask and stay away from people. I've only eaten out once and that during an off time in a restaurant that was being cautious. Family and friends are OK but again with distancing. Otherwise we still stay home.

The most important thing we have resumed is getting together in person. We've really ramped that up. Our social calendar was complete blank for almost 4 months and yesterday we actually had events conflicting. :cheer2: We're making future plans steadily now, just like we used to. There's at least half-a-dozen couples we want to see very soon but because the groups need to be small it will take a while to get it all organized.

Last night we went to dinner at the home of friends and tomorrow we're hosting brunch for guests here. DH's men's group has been meeting in person for two weeks and although my current ministry activities have been switched to Zoom and will continue for the time being, we do look to changing that soon. DH has a birthday next weekend and he'll play golf with friends and then we'll all meet for lunch out somewhere.

The most important thing we have resumed is getting together in person. We've really ramped that up. Our social calendar was complete blank for almost 4 months and yesterday we actually had events conflicting. :cheer2: We're making future plans steadily now, just like we used to. There's at least half-a-dozen couples we want to see very soon but because the groups need to be small it will take a while to get it all organized.

Last night we went to dinner at the home of friends and tomorrow we're hosting brunch for guests here. DH's men's group has been meeting in person for two weeks and although my current ministry activities have been switched to Zoom and will continue for the time being, we do look to changing that soon. DH has a birthday next weekend and he'll play golf with friends and then we'll all meet for lunch out somewhere.
Where are you located if you don’t mind sharing? I’m jealous!😊. Sounds like lots of fun on the horizon for you guys. Are you nervous about being in others homes or having them in yours?

Where are you located if you don’t mind sharing? I’m jealous!😊. Sounds like lots of fun on the horizon for you guys. Are you nervous about being in others homes or having them in yours?
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/state-of-local-emergency-being-lifted-in-calgary-1.4980131We are in Canada, in Alberta. Our State of Medical Emergency was completely dropped yesterday. We went from heavy restrictions, which ended on May 31 with a very cautions Phase-1 re-opening (non-urgent medical services, retail stores and salons for hair cutting only) under specific conditions to basically everything being fully open on June 11. Of course this doesn't mean everything is actually fully open; it's permission, not a mandate. Lots of business are being cautious as the onus for staff and patron safety falls complete to whatever measures they put in place and can enforce themselves.

As far as social gatherings go, there is now no limit on group size outdoors but indoors we must/should (that part is fuzzy as far as possible enforcement goes) limit group size to however many can maintain 6' personal distance within the venue. We can easily do that in our homes when only two couples meet (none of us have little kids to factor in). I'm not nervous at all. The honest truth is that neither ourselves or any of our friends personally know a single soul that has had Covid. We're mostly all the rule-following types and have adhered to every restriction put in place. We're relatively low-risk. It's really, really hard to be worried.

Last edited:
Beginning to live life normal, albeit with masks and some distancing. I reached my limits with staying inside and it's not too bad in Northern California where I live.

‘What about you? Back to get together with people or still at home laying low?
Still hanging out at home. We go out every 2 weeks for fresh food shopping (wearing masks & senior hours), and I've had to see the dentist in the last month. We (hubby & I) are in a high risk group, so we just aren't interested in taking too many chances. Also in the house 2 adult children, one still on furlough, although going into work once a week for a couple of hours, other one just started back to work this past week, full time. I gave them both hugs before they "joined" the real world again, since we try to stay separately in the house now.

Last edited:
The kids are back to their sports, but that is all that they do. No parties and things like that. They can have one on one hang outs outside only with kids from their sports- keeping that circle a little more closed. We do groceries with masks. Outdoor activities distanced and away from others. Paddle boarding, kyaking, hiking, geocaching, swimming in our backyard pool. We spent a couple of weeks at our family home at the beach but we stayed pretty locked down there as well. l have been to the dentist for some dental work and we got hair cuts. On the whole though our family is taking this seriously and doing our bit to try to keep the spread low.

Still working from home, mostly staying home, once a week grocery shopping and once a week picking up takeout
is it.
Yeah, that's us too. Except for the working part -- DW and I are both retired.

I still get curbside pickup at restaurants for lunch, rather than dine in. I've found delivery fees too expensive. I've returned to getting gas at Costco. I'm back in the office, but we wear masks whenever outside of our offices. And this weekend we're still binge watching TV and movies. Right now, it's Alias on Prime.

Life feels more normal, but it's not like it was before. I did go to a used book store this week. It was nice to wander the stacks, but it felt weird.

I took a baby step towards “old normal” going to a nearby beach.
Other then not still not working as my job is in hospitality industry and things around that area are about to slowly open up.
I grocery shop once a week with a mask.

At the grocery store, I am very diligent with wearing a mask. I use hand sanitizer every time after I touch a keypad for purchases (or gasoline).

Took a staycation this week to Naples and it seemed that most folks were out and about dining/shopping/beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter