Arrival Day

LyghtChyld

Earning My Ears
If you don't have a park day scheduled for the day you arrive what do you do instead? Especially if you arrive between 12pm and 3pm.

When FP and Fireworks were a thing it was worth it to go to a park on arrival day. We'd go into the park around 4:00 use our FP and catch the MK fireworks. Nothing like the view of the castle on your arrival day!!

We used to overplan arrival days with a mandatory park. I don't know how far you travel, but we have to sit on an almost 6 hour plane ride and we've found the kids just want to decompress. It's just swimming at the resort and dinner at the pool now. My problem is whenever we're in Disney I feel like we're not getting the most value out of our trip if we're not in a park...

We used to overplan arrival days with a mandatory park. I don't know how far you travel, but we have to sit on an almost 6 hour plane ride and we've found the kids just want to decompress. It's just swimming at the resort and dinner at the pool now. My problem is whenever we're in Disney I feel like we're not getting the most value out of our trip if we're not in a park...

We have a 7-8hr drive which we actually split into two days, a personal preference. We tend to hit the pool or go to Disney Springs on our first day.

We should be on property by 11:30 on arrival day for our upcoming trip. Our plan is to drop off our luggage at the resort and hit Disney Springs for lunch/Gideon's/shopping. We'll head back to the resort to swim and/or relax and have a late dinner reservation at Sanaa.

We drive 7 hours and we normally get in real late. But the times we arrived earlier, we normally head to a park (since we have APs), do a few rides and just enjoy walking around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter