Arrive at port?

bskts4bj

DIS Veteran
What's a good time to arrive at the port in order to not being waiting forever in the check-in line and in order to make the most of the first afternoon on the ship?

TIA!
Brenda

Honestly, we now arrive AFTER boarding has begun and find that lines are non-existent and we WALK right on the ship with no wait. :) Typically we get to the port around 12:30.

If you want to be there and be part of the boarding line then I would recommend getting there by about 11:00. You will have to wait in line but that will get you on the ship sooner, if that matters to you. :)

We had always gotten to the port when it first opened and would be first or second on line to board. Checking in only took a few minutes.

This cruise we did not arrive until after 12:30 as we flew down that morning. I must say I thought the check in lines were horrible that late, yes, once we waited the 45 minutes to check in, walking on the ship was a breeze.

Next time I will opt to go early again. I would rather wait in the boarding line because you can socialize a bit, than wait in the check in line and be frustrated because people did not fill out their documents before hand.

MJ

We arrived about 11:00 and quickly checked in. We were about the 20th family in line. Although we waited about 1 1/2 hours to board, it was a very relaxing wait. We met a couple other Disboard families and chatted with them, we walked outside to see the ship, we looked at the model ship in the terminal and took pictures.

Once onboard, we quickly made a couple of ressies (Palo and wine tasting) and had a tropical drink. :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

It all went very smoothly and it was thrilling to be on that beautiful ship as quickly as we could. Let the vacation begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter