Article on how people dress and pack when flying.....

Thanks for the link to an interesting article!

Herc

Great article. We recently traveled to New Orleans and then took a cruise. My DH put all his change etc in his jacket and sent it through the detector. First time he hasn't beeped in all the times we fly. I like the idea of ziplock bags to show what you have packed. They also keep things neat while you travel and allow you to put dirty clothes or opened toiletries in them on the way back. I usually bring extra since we are DVC members and can always use them for their real purpose, food storage.

I love the one about the woman having to take the bun out of her hair because it looked "suspicious"! Who would ever think their hairstyle would cause problems? Great article.......

The idea of wearing loafers isn't the greatest, unles they fit snugly. If you ever need to go down the emergency shoot onto an area with broken glass, burning debris or sharp metal wreckage, you want to be sure you shoes are still on your feet when you get to the bottom. I'm sticking to my flat lace ups, even if they do take an extra minute if I have to take them off. You also want them to be leather, not nylon or other synthetic fabric.

I'm also sticking to my long pants in cotton or wool, and my long sleeved top in cotton, wool or silk. I don't want to have to have my skin cut off to remove the synthetic fabrics that have melted to my skin in a fire.

Anne

I love the ziploc idea! I actually do that with toiletries (in case of leakage), but never would have thought of using them in my clothing luggage too!

I do the ziploc thing with all my chidren's luggage. I found the idea on www.wdwig.com from a reader's comments. The women who wrote in stated that she puts a different outfit, underwear and socks, etc. in the same ziploc bag. Then in the morning she just has to hand her child the bag and they can get dressed. No digging through suitcases to find underwear, socks, matching ribbons, etc. Then when the day is over you put the clothes back in the bag to wash later. It is so easy!

I have always put underwear and socks in zip loc bags. Since all of it is usually white, it makes it easier for the kids to find their own. You can just write their names on the zip loc bags with marker.

Oddly, my recent experience has been that loafers will get you chosen for shoe checks, while they are less likely to ask you to take off lace-up shoes. However, any shoe with a very thick sole will be likely to draw their attention.

I solved the brassiere problem, too. I wore a tank top under an unbuttoned shirt, and dropped the outer shirt when they started wondering about beeps. That stopped the question fast enough! Also, on the pants thing; remember that the rivets on jeans will
also set off the wand, and if you wear a jacket w/ a metal zipper, send it through the x-ray.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter