Arusha Sevanah or Sunset Sevanah...HELP!

Cash guests pay a premium to be on Arusha.
Sunset is now larger (thanks to Kidani)

Ultimately, it depends a lot on when you will be in your room viewing animals, because they all have different feeding (good) and checkup (no animal) schedules. Sunset is best...near the actual time of sunset ;)

Arusha no longer has giraffes (at least as of 3 weeks ago) so if you want them off your balcony you need sunset.

I personally have always liked Sunset with both giraffe and zebras but they have a few unique animals on Arusha now too and don't think either is bad to get.

Arusha no longer has giraffes (at least as of 3 weeks ago) so if you want them off your balcony you need sunset.

I personally have always liked Sunset with both giraffe and zebras but they have a few unique animals on Arusha now too and don't think either is bad to get.

Wow! I didn't know that Arusha doesn't have giraffes any more. If that's true, I'd definitely pick the Sunset savannah. I've been there several times and been very happy. Actually, several years ago, I was on Arusha savannah and it seemed as if there were more trees blocking the views of animals. I love the giraffes and have seen lots of them on the Sunset savannah. This really concerns me that they may no longer be on the arusha savannah.

Wow! I didn't know that Arusha doesn't have giraffes any more. If that's true, I'd definitely pick the Sunset savannah. I've been there several times and been very happy. Actually, several years ago, I was on Arusha savannah and it seemed as if there were more trees blocking the views of animals. I love the giraffes and have seen lots of them on the Sunset savannah. This really concerns me that they may no longer be on the arusha savannah.

Oh wait - I had a moment. We were at the Uzima overlook when the CM told us that savannah didn't have giraffe. The last time we stayed there they did so there has been changes but it wasn't the Arusha. Sorry!

Oh wait - I had a moment. We were at the Uzima overlook when the CM told us that savannah didn't have giraffe. The last time we stayed there they did so there has been changes but it wasn't the Arusha. Sorry!

Whew! Thanks so much for telling me. I understand these moments-have 'em myself. Got my heart pumping though!

We are here right now. Arusha has giraffes. Uzima does not. I haven't seen Sunset, so I can't attest to that.

I'm confused, I assume requesting which savanna you would like is the same as requesting a view (not guaranteed)? Are these views all part of Kidani? I am staying at AKV for the first time (Jambo) and I have so much to learn!

I'm confused, I assume requesting which savanna you would like is the same as requesting a view (not guaranteed)? Are these views all part of Kidani? I am staying at AKV for the first time (Jambo) and I have so much to learn!

Yes, a specific savanna is a non-guaranteed view request for DVC members. (Arusha can be a guaranteed premium request for Jambo cash guests)

Arusha and Uzima are only available at Jambo.
Both Kidani and Jambo share Sunset
Pembe is only at Kidani.

Arusha is the prototypical Jambo request...its the savanna off the lobby.
Sunset is the prototypical Kidani request...and its the savanna off the Kidani lobby.

Yes, a specific savanna is a non-guaranteed view request for DVC members. (Arusha can be a guaranteed premium request for Jambo cash guests)

Pembe is only at Kidani.

Sunset is the prototypical Kidani request...and its the savanna off the Kidani lobby.

Thanks! Very helpful!:)

Pembe is only at Kidani.

Wow thanks. Very helpful :)

We are heading down for our first DVC trip on the 28th of this month and requested a Sunset Savanna and close to the lobby in Kidani. I hope we do get it because I do want Giraffes and Zebras out front... Hoping all goes well. Either way I am sure that the trip will be great just to explore the resort for the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter