"As God is my witness..."

JCJRSmith

US Navy Veteran
"...I thought turkeys could fly."

Quite possibly one of the funniest TV shows ever produced.

"Oh, the horror!!"

OMG, I loved, loved, loved that show!!

I just thought of that this weekend! I was turkey shopping (small turkey don't worry!) and thought about that line when they were describing the wings!:lmao:

ITS ON TONIGHT!!!!!! If you have the ALN network, they are showing that episode tonight! I may have to take a nap so I will be able to stay up that late!

Thanks for posting this.

90% of those reading this won't know the comedy gold that is Herb Tarlick & Les Nesmann.......geniusly plotting for advertising revenue & higher ratings.

(but clicking on that you tube link, they'll get a taste. :))

EDIT - I HAD FORGOTTEN THAT CARLSON WAS IN ON IT. ANYONE CLICKING ON THE YOU TUBE LINK ABOVE NEEDS TO CLICK ON THE "AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I THOUGHT TURKEYS COULD FLY" 2 MIN. CLIP AS WELL.

Classic.

Season one is out on DVD - I ordered it from Deepdiscounts.com over the weekend. I can't wait to watch them.

Another great show taken off the air too soon.

Truly one of the best episodes. Unfortunately, I don't get ALT or ALN network on Directv or I would have my Tivo set up to record. Another good one was when Johnny Fever was illustrating the effects of alcohol on the reflexes. The more he drank the faster his reflexes. :rotfl:

I love this episode and remember it. Now someone else told me turkeys sleep in trees. So if they can't fly how do they get in trees?

Well I found a site that explains it:

Time Out For Turkey Tidbits - Wild turkeys can actually fly. Their wings are made for short bursts of flight--not for flying long distances. But they do travel from feeding site to feeding site by flying! They can fly up to 50 miles per hour which is very fast for such large birds.

Time Out For Turkey Tidbits - Wild turkeys sleep in trees. They do not migrate. They stay in the same general area all year long.

The wild turkeys in our neighborhood, actually go back and forth between mine and my sisters about 2 miles away.

I loved that show. The turkey drop had to be one of the funniest episodes.

We used to try to be the first to spot Les' band aid of the week. I also loved how Jennifer had that fabulous apartment.... :happytv:

And remember the music when someone rang Jennifer's doorbell??
The turkey episode-truly a classic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter