Ashley and Nate's Disney Dream Planning Journal 4/10/15

That's awesome that you did a research cruise! I wish I would have thought about doing that. No more money in the budget for it now! Looking forward to following along with your PJ!

Love your research cruise it sounds like fun and how exciting that you get to see where you will get married and take time see where you want to take pictures :goodvibes can you believe time is moving already I want it to be like March so I only have a few more months to go! How did the rest our your tumbler cups turn out? and have you been working on anymore wedding favors yet its fun to follow along with someone at the same time!

Happy Planning
Melissa

Hi Melissa!

I need six months of serious gym time before the big day, but wish I could just spend them on the Disney Dream.

I took a break from making tumblers for a while after the decal paper got stuck in the $30K copier at work. We will print the rest of the decals on DF's printer at his work, but I want to ask him to do this once (or twice) so I am waiting for the rest of the RSVP's. So far, we have 28 people booked and 56 we're still waiting to hear from. I have already run into a few problems with putting faces on the tumblers. First, I don't know what all of the guests look like. Second, the app I am using to make the faces doesn't capture the elderly very well--my Grandma looks like Lois Lane. I think I'll need an alternative plan for these guests, maybe their names and funny make believe definitions of their names.

For now, I'm debating whether or not to do a welcome reception. We will have late seating so I think it would be nice to offer drinks and hors d'oeuvres before moving into dinner the first night, which seems to be the most stressful time in many PJ's.

Hope all is well and I'll be dropping in on your PJ soon!

Ashley

Hi Melissa!

I need six months of serious gym time before the big day, but wish I could just spend them on the Disney Dream.

I took a break from making tumblers for a while after the decal paper got stuck in the $30K copier at work. We will print the rest of the decals on DF's printer at his work, but I want to ask him to do this once (or twice) so I am waiting for the rest of the RSVP's. So far, we have 28 people booked and 56 we're still waiting to hear from. I have already run into a few problems with putting faces on the tumblers. First, I don't know what all of the guests look like. Second, the app I am using to make the faces doesn't capture the elderly very well--my Grandma looks like Lois Lane. I think I'll need an alternative plan for these guests, maybe their names and funny make believe definitions of their names.

For now, I'm debating whether or not to do a welcome reception. We will have late seating so I think it would be nice to offer drinks and hors d'oeuvres before moving into dinner the first night, which seems to be the most stressful time in many PJ's.

Hope all is well and I'll be dropping in on your PJ soon!

Ashley

Hahaa I am in the same boat with the gym I just got a friend of mine to start going with me at 5:30 in the morning and we are taking these aerial silk classes (which are amazing for cores and arms) I want to be as skinny as possible lol

and I can't believe it jammed the printer :scared: I would have had a heart attack! and that stinks that the tumblers are turning into a more complicated project that's the worse :sad1: but I would love a tumbler cup to make me look like Lois Lane lol and I like that idea of the funny names! and your waiting on 56 more people! you are probably going to have a huge party how fun!

Let me know what you decided about the welcome dinner I am debating over the same thing, originally I wanted to do a dessert party but they are like 3000-5000 and with paying for three cruises there was no way to stretch the budget anymore I was playing around with meeting up at one of the night clubs maybe because I also want to hand deliver the favors I have heard to many war stories of them be delivered to the wrong room or at the end of the cruise (which would be pointless :sad2:) but for now I will keep brainstorming ideas!

Oh and please let me know what you think I added a few new favors (lanyards) I love to know how my favors are looking to someone beside myself lol

Happy Planning
Melissa

Hahaa I am in the same boat with the gym I just got a friend of mine to start going with me at 5:30 in the morning and we are taking these aerial silk classes (which are amazing for cores and arms) I want to be as skinny as possible lol

and I can't believe it jammed the printer :scared: I would have had a heart attack! and that stinks that the tumblers are turning into a more complicated project that's the worse :sad1: but I would love a tumbler cup to make me look like Lois Lane lol and I like that idea of the funny names! and your waiting on 56 more people! you are probably going to have a huge party how fun!

Let me know what you decided about the welcome dinner I am debating over the same thing, originally I wanted to do a dessert party but they are like 3000-5000 and with paying for three cruises there was no way to stretch the budget anymore I was playing around with meeting up at one of the night clubs maybe because I also want to hand deliver the favors I have heard to many war stories of them be delivered to the wrong room or at the end of the cruise (which would be pointless :sad2:) but for now I will keep brainstorming ideas!

Oh and please let me know what you think I added a few new favors (lanyards) I love to know how my favors are looking to someone beside myself lol

Happy Planning
Melissa

Wow! Areal silk classes sound fun. We've been scuba diving and surfing as well as biking to work. It's the targeted weight training that I am not looking forward to :(.

Yeah, I freaked out about the copier. Luckily, I was able to remove the jam after about 30 minutes of troubleshooting. I still think the tumblers are a fun idea and I'm really looking forward to finishing them. I still also need to finish the mini life preservers. I'm sure we can knock all of it out in a weekend.

I'm waiting to hear how Kat's welcome party goes before I book one. I am also open to the idea of having everyone meet up at a bar before dinner the first night, but I want it to be in a kid-friendly location. With the exception of the lobby bar, I'm having a hard time recalling a place that's open at 7PM where one can purchase cocktails and also have children on the Disney Dream. If anyone knows of a good place, do tell.

For favor delivery, I coordinated with the Hyatt to utilize one of the big tables in the lobby to set up gift bags so the guests can grab them before boarding the bus to the port. We'll have enough stuff to schlepp onboard without 20+ gift bags.

Happy Planning!

I'm so sorry I've only just got here somehow! Your website, save the dates and invitations are AMAZING. I'm gonna have to collect my thoughts a little, I'm seriously blown away by all of it and they're all so unique and hilarious. I'll show them to my fiancee maybe a week or two after we get home from our wedding because if I show her now she'll be devastated we didn't do something that clever. Argh, so good. I think you've set the tone brilliantly already and your guests should be super eager to be a part of something that looks so fun.

I like that you did a research cruise! Going on a cruise is such a different experience I think that's a great idea. I know with my first cruise I really had no idea what to expect and will be grateful for that experience on my next one so with such an event in mind I feel like you'll get a lot of value out of that trip.

Wow! Areal silk classes sound fun. We've been scuba diving and surfing as well as biking to work. It's the targeted weight training that I am not looking forward to :(.

Yeah, I freaked out about the copier. Luckily, I was able to remove the jam after about 30 minutes of troubleshooting. I still think the tumblers are a fun idea and I'm really looking forward to finishing them. I still also need to finish the mini life preservers. I'm sure we can knock all of it out in a weekend.

I'm waiting to hear how Kat's welcome party goes before I book one. I am also open to the idea of having everyone meet up at a bar before dinner the first night, but I want it to be in a kid-friendly location. With the exception of the lobby bar, I'm having a hard time recalling a place that's open at 7PM where one can purchase cocktails and also have children on the Disney Dream. If anyone knows of a good place, do tell.

For favor delivery, I coordinated with the Hyatt to utilize one of the big tables in the lobby to set up gift bags so the guests can grab them before boarding the bus to the port. We'll have enough stuff to schlepp onboard without 20+ gift bags.

Happy Planning!

The aerial class has been great fun but I am so sore for days after, I want to become scuba dive certified so bad! It seems like so much fun where do you scuba dive at? I have a few more tumblers left I just need to sit down one weekend and finish everything!

Oh i forget she is having a welcome party I want to see how that goes more ideas, and that is smart to pass everything out at the hotel I might try to do that but some of my guest are trying to save money and fly in the morning of so who knows and I am not sure of a place you can buy cocktails that kids can go to I am sure there has to be a place that does that. Maybe ask the new coordinator if she has suggestions!

Looking forward to updates :goodvibes

Sorry I haven't been posting very much here. DF got an awesome job offer in San Francisco so I am scrambling to get ready for the move and find a job up there.

In the meantime, we are going around to all of our LA bucket list restaurants. We went to Gjelina in Venice and I took him across the street to Kamofie to show him where Lindsey Lohan stole that necklace. I took him in the store under the guise of wedding band shopping. Then the unthinkable happened: he fell in love with a $1,600 wedding ring! I was hoping to get away with buying him a tungsten band for a few hundred dollars and now I'm on the hook for this:
14k_Solid_Gold_Hammered_Textured_Mens_Wide_Wedding_Band_by_Sofia_Kaman__12052.1405359512.1280.1280.jpg

Omg I love your save the date! It's extra awesome because the have a sailboat called "escape plan"

Sorry I haven't been posting very much here. DF got an awesome job offer in San Francisco so I am scrambling to get ready for the move and find a job up there.

In the meantime, we are going around to all of our LA bucket list restaurants. We went to Gjelina in Venice and I took him across the street to Kamofie to show him where Lindsey Lohan stole that necklace. I took him in the store under the guise of wedding band shopping. Then the unthinkable happened: he fell in love with a $1,600 wedding ring! I was hoping to get away with buying him a tungsten band for a few hundred dollars and now I'm on the hook for this:
14k_Solid_Gold_Hammered_Textured_Mens_Wide_Wedding_Band_by_Sofia_Kaman__12052.1405359512.1280.1280.jpg

Glad your back! Its coming up quickly! and I like your grooms ring I am hoping to get away with a cheap band for my DF but a few days ago he mentioned he wants one with diamonds that look manly haha looks like I will end up spending probably the same...boys...:rolleyes2 can't wait for more updates!

I know I want to wear my hair down, but my hair does not hold curl. Basically, as soon as I hit the beach, my hair frizzes out like I stuck my finger in an electrical outlet. Not wanting to spend a lot of money getting my hair done to have it fall in 30 minutes, I figured i would just go buy some.

I went to a hair store and asked for some wedding hair: my color in loose curls. It only came in Disney Princess length. My natural hair is about armpit length. Should I cut it? If so how much? I need y'all on this one.

IMG_1130_zps33b19dcd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know I want to wear my hair down, but my hair does not hold curl. Basically, as soon as I hit the beach, my hair frizzes out like I stuck my finger in an electrical outlet. Not wanting to spend a lot of money getting my hair done to have it fall in 30 minutes, I figured i would just go buy some.

I went to a hair store and asked for some wedding hair: my color in loose curls. It only came in Disney Princess length. My natural hair is about armpit length. Should I cut it? If so how much? I need y'all on this one.

IMG_1130_zps33b19dcd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think it looks great like that! The whole look reminds me of Little Mermaid my vote is to keep it :goodvibes

Congrads! I hope everything is Magical for your day!

Thank you! It has been a wild year of planning. In the last 60 days we decided to move to the Bay Area. In addition to the regular holiday rush and travel, I found a new job and orchestrated our move.

Sending pixie dust from up north!

Ashley

I just turned in my completed planning guide. A couple of tips:
  • You should indicate if you are bringing your own photographer and who that person is.
  • You both must sign the disclaimer page.
I asked for the latest possible ceremony time. I just found out that it is 10:30am!!! I was hoping to sleep the night before my wedding. Perhaps that was unrealistic anyway. Party animals should book onboard. Also, I tried to rent Goofy Golf in the evening when it is typically closed. They said no.

Hey I commented on your response over on the bride page but wanted to come over here as well! Can't beleive you submitted paperwork you are getting really close now, sorry to hear about all the no's but I think you should reconsider onboard you can always take pictures outside best of both worlds :goodvibes

and how are you favors coming along Im dying to see another cruise brides! also did you get your seating chart back? Did you request a specific rotation or table? So curious about that! Also would love to see if your shipping things to the boat or hotel?

Hope your move went well!

Happy Planning
Melissa

I actually haven't submitted a seating chart yet as we still have 10 people who have RSVP'd and not booked!!! I'll let you know how that goes. I'll call Val tomorrow and see if I should submit a seating chart for the booked people and then just put the remainder at a delinquent's table.

I am planning on shipping my gift bags to the hotel and will let you know if they give me any pushback. My grandma lives in Winter Park so I can always send things there in case of emergency. I am also placing a giant gift bag liquor order at Total Wine and picking the booze up the day before we leave.

For rotation, we did Animator's then Remy and Royal Palace on our last cruise. I found Animator's a little disappointing so I am hesitant to lead with it again but definitely don't want it for our wedding night. I have never eaten at Enchanted Garden. What do you think: RAE or AER?

Thats so crazy 10 people the cruise is going to be so expensive now! I am curious how Val would want that handle because you are already past your 60 day mark??? hmm keep us informed on that, and please let me know about shipping that is my biggest concern right now I want to do it as cheap and safe as possible but lucky you have someone who lives near by!and your are doing booze favors I am sure people will love that!

did you pick cake, songs, and get your marriage license I am not sure how to that one, living way over here in Cali??

Personally I would do Royal Palace for your wedding night 100% that is by far the nicest restaurant and the most weddingish one enchanted garden is okay personally my least favorite of the three so I would say AER oh and try and request table 82 that is the big table in the middle

here is a picture of what it looks like, that way you will look like royalty in the middle of the whole room!

http://i.usatoday.net/travel/_photo...urs/tr120305_disney-fantasy/13pg-vertical.jpg

Keep us posted on everything else I know you are less than two months away now!!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

The story of how you met and your engagement ring are beautiful! Your day is really getting close now. I can't wait to see more. :goodvibes

We finally got going on the tumblers. We found making some of our guests faces to be quite challenging so we are only putting faces on the cups where we thought it would be funny. The rest are getting logos and names in Walt Disney Script (thank you Melissa).

unnamed_zpsbajeh8je.jpg

Loving your tumblers!! and your welcome glad I could help :goodvibes

make sure to post the rest of your favors I am dying to see and almost a month out I know you must be excited have you done a bridal shower or bachelorette party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter