Asking for the last row on a ride (questions)

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I've been to WDW enough that I shouldn't be afraid to ask for a seat on the last row of Big Thunder or 7 Dwarfs, but I am. I am afraid that they won't give it to me, or the cast member will be annoyed, or that it will cause some disruption with the seating process of all the other guests. I don't want to be "that" person, you know?

So I am wondering do the cast members even care? Will they give you the last row if you ask for it? Most of the time I don't care where I sit on the rides but at Big Thunder I hate the first few rows because it doesn't give me enough of that thrill!

I don't ask for special seating a lot, but I've never sensed that it was any trouble or an imposition. I've never seen it or thought it as others ask either. If the CMs care they do a good job of masking it

Im not sure but i was riding solo with a fp on sdd and when I asked the attendant if i could wait for the next car instead of riding uncomfortably close to 16ish yr old female (im male in my 30s) I was paired with the attendant became irate. I was shocked. She told me if I did not get in right then I would have to go to the back of the line. Not sure ill be making any such request again especially on busy rides. Kinda ruined my experience tbh

I think they will be happy to accommodate you if they can. And if they can’t I’m sure they will politely let you know. No need to worry about it.

We ask for front car on every roller coaster we go on. Never had any issue from a CM and most rides seem to have a system setup for just that.

I've been to WDW enough that I shouldn't be afraid to ask for a seat on the last row of Big Thunder or 7 Dwarfs, but I am. I am afraid that they won't give it to me, or the cast member will be annoyed, or that it will cause some disruption with the seating process of all the other guests. I don't want to be "that" person, you know?

So I am wondering do the cast members even care? Will they give you the last row if you ask for it? Most of the time I don't care where I sit on the rides but at Big Thunder I hate the first few rows because it doesn't give me enough of that thrill!
We have asked for back/front/middle Soarin section many many times. The CMs are usually fine, we have encountered some that will heavily sigh or look annoyed but we have never been denied
We usually word are wording carefully, we say "Can we wait for the next train/flight to be in the front/back/middle row?" I think that once they know that you know that you have to wait, they usually are ok with it

We have asked to wait for the back of BTMRR many times and they have never had a problem with that. Also, I ask for front on RnRC as the back is SO rough and that is never a problem either.

I think it really depends on the ride, the crowd, time of day, CM etc for some rides.

A FEW ... Everest, RNR, maybe others, have a wait area for special requests. Some it's very easy to honor when the "cars" are not long like Splash or Space. Otherwise it's a slight kink in their loading.

I have seen CMs refuse on BTMR and 7DMT. On BTMR saw guests step in to first row when they were asked to follow down the line and get yelled at (as they should and have seen often) and on 7DMT I've never seen them honor and when guests didn't follow their instructions on where they were seating told them the train would leave without them. Last trip a mother/son argued for their own Alien Saucers when lines were long. CMs were clearly NOT HAPPY but finally gave in because the mother was rude.

I have requested back row of ToT or ST or ask to sit on some things "towards" the front for "medical" reasons and always had them work with me. Always told them we would be happy to wait. And most don't mind about the Soarin' request (although from CM it's aggravating and at times make them wait a couple cycles) but can't imagine how many they must get now with new movie.

So "do they care?" ... not in the sense of where you sit, but they work long tiring hours so having the flow disrupted on the rides where it's a constant setup and load ... has to be aggravating. But just ask and then be respectful of no if that is what they say.

Oh I know but my brave 5 year old daughter loves to “be in front”.

And yes to add to yulilin3s comment, we also phrase it “we would like to wait for the front car.” So they always know we are willing to wait.
if she loves the front on those rides she will LOVE the back, it feels faster

Every theme park I've ever been to allows you to ask to wait for the front or last car on coasters. WDW shouldn't be any different. You just have to wait in line for it.

If a cast member rolls their eyes at you while granting your request, just ignore them and smile, say thanks! One would think it would be a common request.

I always ask for the middle if it looks like I'm going to be in the back. My back and neck can't take the extra whipping well. I've never had problems with it but I think it's easier to get the middle to front than the very back or very front.

“5 for the back” is our request on every coaster. We’ve never been turned down. You may have to step aside and wait for the next train, but that won’t add more than a minute or so to your wait time.

At Soar'in we asked for the 1st row - we just waited one showing of the ride and then got the first row (the highest row of the ride)

We've never been turned down - SDMT & SDD are both 40x more thrilling in the back and we don't mind waiting a train or two to ride back there. My DH loves riding in the back of RNR but I got so bruised the last time that I refuse to now! ;)

No one has seemed annoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter