At first they didn't want me to come, now they don't want me to leave! April 2021 F&G TR (Updated 9/6!)

Yay for getting a boarding pass! I understand why they do it and it's far preferable to waiting in a 4 hour line but goodness it is stressful and early for vacation! Being local-ish, I've had the good fortune to be able to ride several times so if I don't get a BG it's no big deal (though annoying) but I can imagine how frustrating it must be if on your once in a lifetime trip and can't ride. Really wondering if Ratatouille will use virtual queue/boarding groups as well. Amazing to be in Batuu virtually by yourself. Great pictures! I think alone is the only scenario I'd attempt piloting... I'm so worried that I'll "ruin" it for others that I don't dare. :blush:

I got the screen where you select your party, and I paused for a millisecond in complete disbelief…did it really go through?!?!? This was quickly followed by panic when I realized I had paused instead of hit JOIN JOIN JOIN! Fortunately the pause was not long enough to miss out and I ended up scoring BG 34! Wahoo!!!!
Yay! I hope I have the same luck in August!
I was out the door around 7:20 and made my way down to the boat dock. I suspected this wouldn’t work out based on the conversation I had with a family at the bus stop the previous day where they mentioned the boats weren’t running early enough to get to HS before the park opened, but I figured I’d give it a try anyways just in case. I took some pictures while I waited.
Love the atmosphere at YC!
On the way over, I pass the CM holding the sign for MMRR and as he sees me veering off to TSL he says to me “Oh I see, you’re just toying with us today!” HA!!!!! :rotfl2:
That's a good one!
Once off Slinky I decided to head over to MF:SR. This was an excellent choice, when I got back there I was all alone. It was crazy, there was absolutely no one else around besides the CMs! At first I thought the ride wasn’t open, I couldn’t figure out where everyone was! I guess a lot of people ran to MMRR or Slinky to start the day, which is so surprising considering last time I was there the hoards went straight to MF:SR!
Nice!
I 100% blamed my “co-pilot” and kept yelling at the seat next to me to stop crashing! :rotfl:

Even with the poor piloting it was so much fun, I was crying I was laughing so much!

Next Up: It’s a Runaway Railway!
That will be me for sure! I am going to have to make sure Jack is the pilot....all his video game expertise will have to count for something!

Nothing like a leisurely stroll down Main Street!

I know, isn't that great? I love taking in everything and trying to find new things I've never noticed before!

Sometimes things don't turn out the way we hoped. Ride malfunctions and higher crowds really put a damper on plans. Glad to hear you still enjoyed the beautiful castle all lit up though. :)

Yeah, it's a bummer when it happens, especially on such a short trip with only one day at MK, but at the same time I'm lucky enough to go pretty much every year so it's not the end of the world if I have to miss a ride.

It was so awesome seeing the castle at night! It's so pretty, I just love it!

That's great that you got such a good boarding group! And were able to go right to Slinky -- we tried that on one of our days and of course Slinky was down and didn't open for like an hour. Oh well :) Glad it worked out for you, and that you got a whole ride on the Falcon by yourself -- that's awesome! :)

I was so excited that I got such a low number! I really thought I messed up by briefly pausing when I got to the add friends and family screen, but I guess it was a longer pause in my mind than in reality!

Yeah, it was great that Slinky was running that morning, I've seen a lot of reports of it opening late, so I really did get lucky. And that solo ride on MF:SR was so awesome! I still can't believe there was no one around, it was so cool seeing that area without the crowds!

Kind of sounds like HS didn't have there ***t together that morning a little. But glad you still got onto Slinky nice and early! And that you got a boarding group! I am really not a fan of the boarding groups right now. I like the idea of them but not the fact that you might not actually get one.

Yeah, the organization at the temp screening, and then the wait for it to open was a bit rough, but at least the rest of the morning went smoothly!

I also am not a fan of the BG. It makes for such a stressful morning, especially with a short trip and only one day at HS, and who wants to be stressed on vacation?

Yay for getting a boarding pass! I understand why they do it and it's far preferable to waiting in a 4 hour line but goodness it is stressful and early for vacation! Being local-ish, I've had the good fortune to be able to ride several times so if I don't get a BG it's no big deal (though annoying) but I can imagine how frustrating it must be if on your once in a lifetime trip and can't ride. Really wondering if Ratatouille will use virtual queue/boarding groups as well. Amazing to be in Batuu virtually by yourself. Great pictures! I think alone is the only scenario I'd attempt piloting... I'm so worried that I'll "ruin" it for others that I don't dare. :blush:

I was so happy to get one, but yeah, it was very stressful!

I hope Ratatouille doesn't have BGs, I don't want to deal with that stress more than once on vacation! :rotfl2:

It was so cool seeing Batuu sooooo empty, I can't believe people weren't rushing over there that morning. And yeah, while being the pilot is so much fun, when there are strangers on the ride I can't help but wonder if they're judging my ability! To be fair though, the one time I wasn't pilot I 100% judged the kids who were flying, so I guess I deserve being judged for my lack of flying skills!

Yay! I hope I have the same luck in August!

Good luck!

Love the atmosphere at YC!

Isn't it great? I love that area so much!

That's a good one!

Haha, it took me a split second to get what he meant, but it was pretty funny!

It was so awesome, I loved having the area, and the ride to myself!

That will be me for sure! I am going to have to make sure Jack is the pilot....all his video game expertise will have to count for something!

Haha, yeah, flying is surprisingly hard! Although someone who is experienced with video games I'm sure will do much better. Still a blast though, even if I did hit pretty much everything!

Late to the party but all caught up!

I didn’t quote anything, but I am loving following along! Your MK morning was the stuff Disney dreams are mad of!!

So happy you got to take this trip, even if travel day was a bit crazy!

Also I don’t want people touching me even pre covid people are the worst!!!

Ok guys, this is getting a bit crazy. So in case you haven't been following my flight drama for my upcoming trip, my flight times have been changed a few times now, with each change being an increasingly less desirable time (seriously who wants to be arriving at 11pm?). Well, I ended up cancelling those flights and booking new ones so I can arrive in the morning and leave early enough to get home in time to pick up my dog from boarding.

Well, just got an email about my new flight, which was supposed to take off around 8am, has been bumped to 4pm! This is exactly what happened with my old flight! What are the chances? This is getting so ridiculous, I'm tempted to just fly down the day before and stay at the airport hotel since apparently no airline wants me to arrive in the morning! >:(

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good Monday! Thanks for letting me vent.

Late to the party but all caught up!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in!

I didn’t quote anything, but I am loving following along! Your MK morning was the stuff Disney dreams are mad of!!

Thanks! Yeah, that morning was pretty impressive, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to recreate it, but I'm going to try in September!

So happy you got to take this trip, even if travel day was a bit crazy!

Haha, yeah, that whole getting there part I could have done without! It was so awesome to finally travel again. As much as I love my home and my town, being stuck there for over a year was a bit much. Love that my first trip back out in the world was to Disney!

Also I don’t want people touching me even pre covid people are the worst!!!

This 100%! It's just so gross!

Oh no the flight drama, that stinks, those are big time differences it’s not like we are changing your flight from 9:02 to 9:30, that is what we have had a few times from Delta but mostly just 10-20 minute changes.

We walked to HS a few times this past trip, it really is a nice walk. We did ToT first one day and Slinky first the next day. It worked well.

Oh no the flight drama, that stinks, those are big time differences it’s not like we are changing your flight from 9:02 to 9:30, that is what we have had a few times from Delta but mostly just 10-20 minute changes.

Yeah, this is getting annoying. I had more non-stop options to fly down to Orlando in the middle of the pandemic than I do now, it's crazy! I can't wait for these airlines to figure out their schedules! I wish Delta had a non-stop flight from here, I love flying Delta, but unfortunately they don't have many non-stop flights from this area.

We walked to HS a few times this past trip, it really is a nice walk. We did ToT first one day and Slinky first the next day. It worked well.

Isn't it great being able to walk over? I love being able to walk to two parks! That was a good call with your plans, a bit jealous you got on ToT! The lines were crazy when I was there so I skipped it. Hopefully I'll get on it in September!

Ok guys, this is getting a bit crazy. So in case you haven't been following my flight drama for my upcoming trip, my flight times have been changed a few times now, with each change being an increasingly less desirable time (seriously who wants to be arriving at 11pm?). Well, I ended up cancelling those flights and booking new ones so I can arrive in the morning and leave early enough to get home in time to pick up my dog from boarding.

Well, just got an email about my new flight, which was supposed to take off around 8am, has been bumped to 4pm! This is exactly what happened with my old flight! What are the chances? This is getting so ridiculous, I'm tempted to just fly down the day before and stay at the airport hotel since apparently no airline wants me to arrive in the morning! >:(

I’m sending you good flight juju. But I’m probably no help!

Our august trip to Denver was direct leaving at 8am. They canceled the flight and booked us on a 5 hour layover in Orlando, from NJ.

So then we changed to a direct flight out of Philly at 8am, and figure we would just drive down their the night before. Then they moved that flight to 8pm!

So I canceled and booked on a new airline… ugh so annoying

I’m sending you good flight juju. But I’m probably no help!

Our august trip to Denver was direct leaving at 8am. They canceled the flight and booked us on a 5 hour layover in Orlando, from NJ.

So then we changed to a direct flight out of Philly at 8am, and figure we would just drive down their the night before. Then they moved that flight to 8pm!

So I canceled and booked on a new airline… ugh so annoying

Haha, thanks! Hopefully it works! And wow, that's a crazy change! I don't understand why these airlines are changing the schedules so drastically, it's really frustrating!

Anyways, now I'm looking at flying American, which I can fly first class both ways for only about $60 more than my Jetblue flight, which I find absolutely crazy. Remember when Jetblue used to be a discount carrier?

I just caught up with your trip report and had to laugh when you said that you might check out American Airlines. They are cancelling flights, too. I hope things straighten out soon and you can get a decent nonstop flight by September.

I feel you with the flight updates - I also live in DC and no matter what airport I fly out of, I have been getting hit with them left and right. It is SO infuriating and makes it really difficult to plan ahead. Not to mention that prices are going through the roof!

I just caught up with your trip report and had to laugh when you said that you might check out American Airlines. They are cancelling flights, too. I hope things straighten out soon and you can get a decent nonstop flight by September.

Haha, yup! I'm starting to wish we had more airline options out of here that fly direct down to Orlando. I think I'll wait until sometime later in July to try to book again, hopefully by then the schedules will have settled down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter