At magic kingdom now

I'm not sure what you were expecting Disney to do? A bear is a pretty big deal and they have to keep everyone safe and away from the situation.
Personally,
It would be safest to dart the bear and remove it..... however, maybe not the most effective since once the bear knows where the food is he will be back....

This might not end well for the bear

Jokes aside, I agree with you 100%. Hopefully they can capture this bear safely without any injuries to the workers or the bear.
Yes I agree. Living in N. Minnesota, we have had a lot of bears in our yard over the years. They can be really scary and a problem at times. It seems odd that a bear would show up in the MK with all the people, traffic, and building around?

Yes I agree. Living in N. Minnesota, we have had a lot of bears in our yard over the years. They can be really scary and a problem at times. It seems odd that a bear would show up in the MK with all the people, traffic, and building around?
We've had bear roll though our neighborhood too, seems odd to think of them being near people and noise but bears as they leave their moms, especially males, will have to find their own territories and will travel sometimes hundreds of miles to get that space. I live nowhere near bear natural habitat but they will roam from the coast through my subdivision with lots of people. Saw that the bear was in a tree near BTMRR, most of WDW is a natural haven for animals, including bear, dear, turkey, etc. given all the undeveloped land just around some of the parks. I'd be there too if I was looking for food like all the ducks and squirrels :)

Eta...never mind...the garbage was deleted already lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Reports say that they relocated the female bear to Ocala National Forest... What if that bear had cubs?

Last edited:
Reports say that they relocated the female bear to Ocala National Forest... What if that bear had cubs?
I would guess they would have been able to tell once it was tranquilized. I imagine they did a check over and tagged her if she wasn’t already to be able to track her if she shows up around people again.

Since he couldn't find his ticket, I'm sure security issued him a no trespass, he won't be back 🙄

FFW does their best to relocate animals when possible as long as they haven't injured anyone. When I lived over near Sea World off Turkey Lake Rd in Orlando, I woke up to a commotion one morning and discovered a 6' alligator in our swimming pool living his best life. Very shortly after, they came and darted him, bound him, and relocated him several miles away.

I wonder what kind of bear it was. We have black bears all over W. Massachusetts. They usually don't harm anyone but just go for trash cans and bird feeders.

FFW does their best to relocate animals when possible as long as they haven't injured anyone. When I lived over near Sea World off Turkey Lake Rd in Orlando, I woke up to a commotion one morning and discovered a 6' alligator in our swimming pool living his best life. Very shortly after, they came and darted him, bound him, and relocated him several miles away.

I wonder what kind of bear it was. We have black bears all over W. Massachusetts. They usually don't harm anyone but just go for trash cans and bird feeders.
Probably a black bear - Florida is not known to have grizzlies, but black bears are fairly common.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter