ATA Sale

nluvwithdisney

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to let you know that ATA is having a sale of fares for travel through August 3. I checked some random dates in July from Chicago to Orlando and got $135 roundtrip to come up. Hope this helps someone.

Yikes!!!
I almost panicked, as we have already gotten the tickets for all of our Orlando flights through Sept., many of them on ATA. But when I checked our dates, they weren't included in the cheapest fares. But this a a great deal if it works for your dates!
I'm still holding out for a good Thanksgiving weekend fare...so far, it's holding at $274 on ATA and $315 on American.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Run, run run the other way and don't look back! I don't care if ATA was giving away free flights--it still wouldn't be worth it. MAYBE if you are flying out of Chicago and don't mind being several hours late arriving in FL, but they trashed both the first and last days of our vacation in Feb. Every person I spoke to said they always had run into prob's with ATA every other time they had flown them.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience disneymom3. I have heard of ATA referred to as Any Time Airlines, however our experience with them has been good, departing on time and arriving slightly early. That, plus the convenience of Midway vs. the hassle of O’hare has us running to catch a good deal.

I too have heard terrible horror stories about ATA, but thankfully our experiences have been almost always good (and we fly them a LOT!). We've only had two delays, one of which was unavoidable as it was caused by a major snowstorm in Chicago. The only other problem was lost luggage, but that was on a trip to Washingston, not Orlando. We already have tickets on ATA for several of our upcoming trips (although since 9/11, we fly out the night before as we take Disney cruises and don't want to chance missing the ship). Also, ATA is flying a lot of new 757s now, and they are VERY nice. I used to consider them a "generic" airline, but now that the others don't serve meals anymore, there isn't much difference. I've run into delays on United, too. I hope others who use ATA will have the same luck as we usually do! I prefer American for the extra legroom, but I go for the cheapest deal.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Our family has always used ATA......no problems yet......even flew out 9/21/2001 (7of us)to Orlando....also 12/2/2001(2 of us) and most recently on 3/5/2002 (6 of us)....I like the prices and convience of Midway....guess we have been lucky.....

We've always been lucky with ATA too. In fact, once they bailed us out of a problem with Continental and got us on a quick flight home. I like the convenience of Midway (we're just a few blocks away) and the convenience of non-stop flights. Their new planes are great too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter