ATG in Gay Paree (that would be Paris) - with a day trip to DLP!

Wow ATG!!!!
Your trip report is one of the best i've read on dis. I love it. Thank you so much for leaving a reply on my thread about help with my first ever trip to Paris. You left a link for me to get to your trip report, and I just wanted to say thank you. I have enjoyed it so much. You have given me some great ideas on places to see on our Paris trip. I appreciate your information, and your pics are beautiful, what a great recap of all the beautiful sights of Paris. Thank you for sharing.

:rotfl2:

I love you!

(and my swanky sticky notes!) Thanks for cracking me up - and commenting on my very first TR!

mutual admiration society ... shockingly (whilst you may see from my signature I've been to disneyland paris quite a bit) I've not been to Paris since 1997 ... and reading your trip report has made me want to go back ... so thank you :)

Wow ATG!!!!
Your trip report is one of the best i've read on dis. I love it. Thank you so much for leaving a reply on my thread about help with my first ever trip to Paris. You left a link for me to get to your trip report, and I just wanted to say thank you. I have enjoyed it so much. You have given me some great ideas on places to see on our Paris trip. I appreciate your information, and your pics are beautiful, what a great recap of all the beautiful sights of Paris. Thank you for sharing.

Whew! I'm so glad you found this helpful! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

mutual admiration society ... shockingly (whilst you may see from my signature I've been to disneyland paris quite a bit) I've not been to Paris since 1997 ... and reading your trip report has made me want to go back ... so thank you :)

Glad I could be of service. I hope you DO go back and that I get to read an AWESOME TR from you!

I loved your report and photos. Where did you have lunch on your first day it looks really nice?

(I took photos at Musee d'Orsay - didn't know I shouldn't. Hopefully it's a new rule since my visit in 2008!!)

I loved your report and photos. Where did you have lunch on your first day it looks really nice?

(I took photos at Musee d'Orsay - didn't know I shouldn't. Hopefully it's a new rule since my visit in 2008!!)

It was a place called 'Bistro de Coin' near our hotel. The staff recommended it and gave me a little coupon for a free drink! The food was excellent!

I was surprised that you could take photos all over the Louvre but, couldn't snap a one at the Musee d'Orsay! I checked my camera because I KNOW I would have been tempted! Heck, the D23 Expo had that archive display that said 'No photos' and I was a JERK and snapped away (with my phone) until I got busted near the Mary Poppins costume (I pled ignorance). If it's not a new rule, nuthin' you can do about it now!

Really enjoyed your trippie! Great effects on those photos too-love the Paris vibe. Looking forward to the next adventure-:)

The effects are from my iPhone AP! It's a camera ap called 'Hipstamatic'. It has lenses, film stock, and flashes, that you can switch up with a swipe of your finger! I am obsessed with it!

It looks like you had a lovely trip. I enjoyed reading your report. "Le sigh" -- I loved that.

Also, my kitty cat (<--) wanted to say "Meow". He thinks you must be pretty cool. :goodvibes

I found the guide map I had at Musee d'Orsay in 2008 and that just states no flash photography - phwew, I'm glad I wasn't breaking the rules when I went!!

It looks like you had a lovely trip. I enjoyed reading your report. "Le sigh" -- I loved that.

Also, my kitty cat (<--) wanted to say "Meow". He thinks you must be pretty cool. :goodvibes

Feel free to use "Le Sigh"! & pet the kitteh. I luv kittehs!

I found the guide map I had at Musee d'Orsay in 2008 and that just states no flash photography - phwew, I'm glad I wasn't breaking the rules when I went!!

Whew! Glad to hear you weren't a rule breaker! I wonder when/why they changed the rules?

Ooooh, what a fah-bu-lous trip report with formidable fotos!!! You and your DH are such sweeties too - thank you for sharing...

PS: Love the iPhone app pic effects! Ms Tart wanders off to check it out... xxx

What a fabulous trip! I loved all of the photos - really beautiful stuff! It looks like you guys had a terrrific time! Thanks so much for sharing!

Great Trip report ATG! Will definitely hit that little chocolate shop when we go next spring! I too have been admiring your cool photo effects. Drat, I am a Verizon user and have iPhone envy. Looks like you had typical spring weather, hot to rainy and everything in between. Question, were RER to Versaille and DLP on your pass or extra?

The weather was very co-operative for our trip. We just got hammered at Versailles. As for the RER, The Navigo we chose allowed you to pick zones for it's use. We chose all of Paris and could ride the RER, Metro, Bus, and the commuter water bus anywhere inside Paris proper. For our day trips to Versailles and DLRP, we had to buy separate RER tickets.

So, we would hop on the Metro to our chosen RER station (that ride was free), buy our tickets there and back (saves time on the return) and then use our Navigo to take us from the RER station back to our hotel on the Metro.

It is, however, possible to chose a zone that would include DLRP in it if you were planning on staying in Paris and taking multiple trips out there. Same for Versailles. You can find the zones listed on the transportation maps found in many guide books (my guide book was the 'Rough Guide' to Paris).

Hope that helps!

Great trip report! I always wanted to know some about DLP. I went to Paris in high school, I missed the Musee D'Orsay and I barely went through the Louvre. I definitely need to back one day!

Great report about your trip to Disneyland Paris. It is very interesting to see Disneyland Paris through the eyes of a visitor from the USA! I have been to Disneyland Paris many times and did also some trips to Disneyland in Anaheim.

Here are some comments:

- For the real parade everyone is lining up the street, but not for the Disney All Stars Express!

- There are not many wheel chair accesses in the park. You will not find a lot of people in wheel chairs and nobody in this little electric vehicles, you always see in Anaheim.

- It is so funny that all the American visitors are so enthusiastic about the dragon in the castle. I for myself think that he is pretty boring!

- It is sad that you missed the opportunity to ride Small World. The ride in Paris is much better than the one in Anaheim. It is much more colorful, has more figures and you can't see the ceiling or the floor, like you can in Anaheim. They don't have the new figures they added over there, but some different scenes that are well worth seeing.

- Bella Notte is a pizza place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter