Atlantis through DCL or direct- such a difference in price

lilkimmyk

Mouseketeer
First time cruisers this summer and first time in the Bahamas. Our son really wants to go to Atlantis so we are going to do the Aquaventure waterpark day pass/excursion.

He is 11 and therefore a Disney adult. If we book a day pass through Atlantis he is still considered a child. So booking direct from Atlantis (which is less expensive for adults and child passes) opposed to DCL is difference of over $200 (not including taxes and fees).
Is there any other benefit as to paying that extra money? And does DCL's excursion include transportation to Atlantis? I just don't that much else of a difference.

Also, any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance!

Last edited:
DCL’s excursion does include the transportation. We are doing it through DCL and have in the past. Don’t have any experience with booking another way.

We got lunch and a locker in addition to transportation and admission. Don’t know if those would be add-ons for non-excursion price. Sometimes it’s cheaper to pay for a room at the Comfort Inn across the street - it comes with tickets.

Been there twice with DCL. I’m a fan of the (not-so lazy) lazy river.

It does include transportation. We did it alacarte years ago and took a cab. The cab fares are set by govt. We paid under $10 but that was several years ago so that likely went up.

It also used to include lunch but not sure if it still does. Atlantis food is pretty pricey - about what you'll pay in WDW right now.

At the time, you could book a room at the Comfort Inn & Suites (Owned by Atlantis) across the street from Atlantis and get full privileges for a fraction of the price. We checked in and out at same time. They gave us our wristbands and away we went. They were used to people doing that. Not sure if they still do it but it's worth checking out.

I had thought it was more expensive as well, but when I checked again the other day it was $250 per adult to get a day pass and $239 to book the excursion through Disney. Seems YMMV depending on dates maybe?

We didn't book a day pass. We booked a room at Comfort Inn and Suites across the street and Atlantis privileges come with it.

I just checked online and you still get privileges. Best rate for 4 was a little over $300 per night and all 4 get access to Atlantis. That is a refundable rate.

I'd like to know if anyone has tried it lately. We did it several years ago, pre-covid, without any issues. It would be worth a phone call to CI&S to see if they still do this.

First time cruisers this summer and first time in the Bahamas. Our son really wants to go to Atlantis so we are going to do the Aquaventure waterpark day pass/excursion.

He is 11 and therefore a Disney adult. If we book a day pass through Atlantis he is still considered a child. So booking direct from Atlantis (which is less expensive for adults and child passes) opposed to DCL is difference of over $200 (not including taxes and fees).
Is there any other benefit as to paying that extra money? And does DCL's excursion include transportation to Atlantis? I just don't that much else of a difference.

Also, any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance!
I bought direct from Atlantis and had a great time. There are shared taxis right at the ship port that will take you to Atlantis, and taxis at Atlantis that will take you back to the ship port. I'm sure that was more efficient than being part of a ship excursion group. They cycle through all day, so you never have to individually call or set one up. Bring cash for the taxis.

I had thought it was more expensive as well, but when I checked again the other day it was $250 per adult to get a day pass and $239 to book the excursion through Disney. Seems YMMV depending on dates maybe?
I just checked for early August and the day pass price then is $189 per adult and $95 per child. When I went last year it was cheaper than that. Definitely varies by date.

I have Comfort inn booked for our august cruise. We have done that twice in the past. Way cheaper and full price lates. So easy. Stop by comfort inn. Get a pass you redeem at the atlantis wristband booth and good to go. You don’t even have to go back to the hotel unless you want to use the room but generally they say not ready til after 3 and we are on our way back to the ship by then.

I have Comfort inn booked for our august cruise. We have done that twice in the past. Way cheaper and full price lates. So easy. Stop by comfort inn. Get a pass you redeem at the atlantis wristband booth and good to go. You don’t even have to go back to the hotel unless you want to use the room but generally they say not ready til after 3 and we are on our way back to the ship by then.
We checked on this as well but since there are just two of us the $450 for one night wasn't worth the hassle to save $28 and still need to get over there. It probably does not help that our day is a Saturday..!

Is this your preferred excursion in Nassau? We were also looking at Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island. I can't decide!

Looks like the Comfort Inn and Suites hotel room capacity is 4 people. We are a family of 5, so I suspect we could not get wristbands for all 5 of us if we book a room for 4? Might be cheaper to book directly through Atlantis since their adult age is higher for kids than DCL's.

Looks like the Comfort Inn and Suites hotel room capacity is 4 people. We are a family of 5, so I suspect we could not get wristbands for all 5 of us if we book a room for 4? Might be cheaper to book directly through Atlantis since their adult age is higher for kids than DCL's.

We were a party of 6 so we booked 2 rooms. It still saved us a lot of money. More than half the cost.

Did this work out ok for you? could my 5th person just buy a pass at the gate?

I had forgotten all about the Atlantis day passes. My sister and her daughters are going on the Wish in December, and I want to tell her about this. Is it still safe there for them to grab a cab from the port to Atlantis. We didn't have a problem there four years ago, but I thought I would check before suggesting this to her.

If you book day passes directly through Atlantis can you get a refund if you buy in advance but later change mind closer to date? Still debating choices if I book through Atlantis, DCL, or hotel stay. At the moment I booked comfort inn and suites but they are charging a fee of $45 per person for the night even though you're not staying the night. So that's a price factor if you already booked 4 people in a room already.

Is this your preferred excursion in Nassau? We were also looking at Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island. I can't decide!
I like being near the ship when at Atlantis; no water taxi/ferry to get to one of the other islands.

That said, I had thought of going to the beach at Blue Lagoon if I were in Nassau again. I have been there for a Dolphin swim, years ago, but did not visit the beach area.

Also check out info on Baha Bay at Baha Mar. It’s a newer water park on Nassau’s island.

I just called comfort suites and they were very cryptic if I could get my wrist bands that morning of check in or have to wait until 3 pm. They said call Atlantis to find out. I kept saying I want to know if they would give me paperwork to take to Atlantis at 10 am arrival or not and they wouldn’t answer. So now I am nervous about this cruise hack. Anyone check into comfort suites in day of cruise arrival recently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter