Attractions you DON’T want to ride again

Steven G

DIS Veteran
Could be for any reason… too boring, too scary, not your cup of tea, etc.
i,e. You see that this attraction is a walk on, and everything else is worse, and you still don’t go on it.

disneyland
autopia…. I just don’t get the appeal, and my kid is also not enjoying it anymore, so hurrah. even if it was the last genie plus ride I could do that day, still wouldn’t. I also wish that Disney could find a better use for all the space it takes up.

dca
jellyfish… it’s possibly the most boring ride in any park, and it has a weird height requirement.

the two carousels, one in each park are also something I wouldn’t go on willingly.

in general, I avoid meet and greets with contact unless my son wants to do it, or it’s a special one. Where they have it now where you can wave at them from afar is much nicer. I just feel weird hugging a stranger, even if dressed up as Pooh bear. I would like it if they kept it that way.

Disneyland:
  • Tea Cups - watching them spin makes me want to be sick
  • Matterhorn - the way the seats are now is just awful. So uncomfortable and awkward to get out of.
  • Autopia - unless I am with someone who really wants to ride is a skip for me
  • Tarzan's Treehouse - I hate all the steps!
DCA:
  • Grizzly Rapids - I hate getting super wet like that.

Matterhorn. It is sooooooo rough. About every 5 years, someone forgets how rough it is and wants to ride it again and then we get off saying "Why did we do that?". It isn't just the "old" people, my teen has always thought it was too rough.

Regarding grizzly rapids, I thought of putting that on there, but if I was staying at the Grand, and the weather was right, I could probably do it. I got terribly soaked on splash mountain, and was miserable for most of the day, because my shoes and socks never quite dried out, but I'd still ride it over autopia.

I also considered astro orbiter because it's a pain to get out of, and I always feel like I am going to hurt myself doing so.

I can't think of any. There are some I don't want to take the time for, like the carnival-style rides in DCA or most of Toon Town, but everything has its appeal in one way or another. I may not want to go on it for myself, but I enjoy going on things my kids/grandkids/friends want to ride, even if it's not MY favorite. I *personally* don't care for SWGE, but one of my best friends adores it, so I'm happy to go with her.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Rode it as ToT and came off of it in a full-blown panic attack. Never again for me! :rotfl2:

Also won't ride Goofy's Sky School again. The seats are so tight for my long legs and I always feel like I'm going to fly off of it. It was aptly named when it was Mulholland Madness!

Matterhorn The first time I went to DL the line was too long. The next couple of visits it was down. I really wanted to ride it.
Finally a few years ago I rode it. Never again. Too jerky and rough.

Splash Soak Mountain. I won't ride the one at DL anymore because of how the boats tent to take on water and nearly sink. You jsut get too wet! I will still ride it at MK and other parks that are clonse of the MK version.

Splash Soak Mountain. I won't ride the one at DL anymore because of how the boats tent to take on water and nearly sink. You jsut get too wet! I will still ride it at MK and other parks that are clonse of the MK version.
If you’re in the back you hardly get wet at all

Joining the Matterhorn chorus! We decided to retire from it around November 2019. So uncomfortable and my mom even hurt her leg getting out of the bobsled, so I will ALWAYS pass.

Will also not do swinging gondolas on the Wheel of Death (aka No-Fun Wheel) ever again. Would probably never do Goofy's Sky School ever again either.

There are others that I generally don't do, but would if someone else wanted me to go with them, or if it was a walk on. But I'm not dead set against them.

+1 for Matterhorn

The last time the water level was high and we got considerably wet. I swear it’s designed to immediately remind of you of all your old back and knee injuries.

Most rides I wouldn’t refuse to do but there’s a lot I don’t typically do. I’d rather repeat my favorites instead of doing things I don’t care about!

DL:
Autopia. I did it once a few months ago. Boring! I can drive at home in a much better car lol

Astro Orbitor. Boring!

Dumbo. Same as Astro Orbitor but different theme. Boring!

Casey Jr. Circus Train. I don’t have anything against it but I’ve just never really done it. I think I’ll try it again next wee

Storybook Land Canal Boats. I did it once a few years ago and didn’t enjoy it because the sun was beating down so hard. I think I’m gonna try it again next week

Gadget’s Go Coaster. Nothing wrong with it but I’d rather do the coasters meant more for adults

Teacups. I just kind of feel like they’re a waste of time. I did do them earlier this month and actually enjoyed them which was surprising

Disneyland Railroad. I actually do enjoy it just not enough to wait all that time for such a long ride

Disneyland Monorail. Nothing against it but I just don’t really care for it enough to take all that time from my day

Carousel. Boring!

DCA:
Mater’s and Luigi’s. They’re fine but not worth the time when Radiator Springs Racers is right there…

Carousel. Boring!

Ferris Wheel of death… I mean Pixar Pal-A-Round. Why should I waste all that time on a Ferris wheel when Incredicoaster is right there. I actually do refuse to go on this one lol

Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind, Golden Zephyr, Swings, and Jellyfish. Just a waste of time.

Goofy’s Sky School. Ouch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter