Attractions You Used To Skip But Now Like

disneyfn

Welcomed Cast Member
I just got back from my trip (which was awesome!) and went to the Carousel of Progress and it was much better than I remembered...which led me to think....

What attractions did you used to avoid but went on recently and will now make a "must"?

Just curious is all. :)

We avoided the MGM Shows in the past. Started doing them on our first trip this year and loved them.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Now our family never misses the "couch ride".

We love TTA too!!

My DH and I don't have any kids, so for a year or two or three we skipped the Muppet Show at MGM. It was like finding gold when we finally gave it another try!! Now we never miss it!

Pretty much most of the shows. We typically avoided them in the past (too hot, didn't feel like waiting for the show to start, inconvenient show times), but now we see more of them and I really enjoy them! We literally saw Tarzan Rocks for the verr first time on our last trip and we really liked it!

:( It's closed now....

For us, it was Cranium Command - We skipped it the first few trips, then tried it based on someone's recommendation. We LOVED it! I miss Buzzy.....

I'm a fraidy cat when it comes to things that have long drops so I have always avoided Splash Mountain. During the months leading up to my vacation this past September, I read how so many people said the ride is so cute and not to be missed. I bit the bullet and forced myself to endure a few seconds of the drop I knew I'd hate for the good experience of the rest of the ride. Well I wasn't disappointed! It's a great ride, and the drop didn't even give me the dropping sensation I was afraid of! (Actually, I disliked the mid-ride drop in the dark more than the final one!)

I was amazed at how long the ride was, and that it even continued after the drop. Great ride!

-Laura

DH and I always skipped Toon Town, but now that we have DD, we spend quite a bit of time there. It's funny the stuff you miss as adult travelers that become really fun when you bring your kids. It was a completely different trip for us!

We used to skip most anything to do with characters, such as standing in line to meet & great. Now with a child, that has certainly changed. I used to always skip Splash as well, thinking the only thing to it was the hill - not realizing how much else there is to the ride and not thinking it was worth it to get wet over. Now it ranks right up there for me. This trip (leaving today!), I'll be trying to convince my wife to ride it since my son is now tall enough to ride with us and she has no more excuses (she hates getting wet).

TTA, although my kids look at me sideways because I still call it the Wedway People Mover.
Once when we rode it many many years ago, they were fixing something on Space Mountain so all the lights were on inside. I felt like I got a special backstage pass to see the ride in full light!

Kids have never seen COP. Hoping it'll be open Nov 8-12 so they can experience it!

Karen:wave2:

Originally posted by Leota
:( It's closed now....

For us, it was Cranium Command - We skipped it the first few trips, then tried it based on someone's recommendation. We LOVED it! I miss Buzzy.....

Cranium Command is closed?? :sad1: We love that one!! So sad.

I have got to agree with the TTA fans.

We tried it last year and its a nice break from the fast pace.

I definately agree with everyone on the TTA. I also still refer to it as the WEDway people mover. I also LOVED cranium command. That was so adorable and so underated.

But I really miss Kitchen Kabaret.....I remember doing a school project on that show as a kid. It was so much fun.

With Wonders of Life being closed, does that mean that Body Wars and the Making of Me are also gone?

Karen:wave2:

Splash Mountain!

Our kids were always too little to ride it, but on our trip last year we tried it and we are all hooked! Can't go to WDW now without a trip on Splash!

:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter