"Au revior...that's French for get out of here!" A Jan '13 AoA TR COMPLETE

Luckily we kept our power! We've got about 30 inches of snow in the yard, and most of the roads in my neighborhood haven't been plowed at all. The high ways are closed now but hopefully I'll be able to get back to school tomorrow night. Thank you for asking!

That's good that you kept your power! :thumbsup2

Reminds me of Snowmageddon here a couple of years ago but even then we didn't get as much as you all did. Stay warm and safe!

I am finally here! I am Emily's DSis, and fellow disney fan(atic). My sister is right, I wouldn't be able to resist chiming in on her report. I also need something to do while being snowed in, and what better then talking about warm and sunny Disney World!

I am finally here! I am Emily's DSis, and fellow disney fan(atic). My sister is right, I wouldn't be able to resist chiming in on her report. I also need something to do while being snowed in, and what better then talking about warm and sunny Disney World!

I knew you couldn't resist! Soon you'll be writing your own TR!:rotfl:

i see not only you took my advice on getting your luggage but we also went to the B side to find magical express and had to go back to A side.

you would think there would be a sign or something for it...seing as disney is prob half of the airport business.

sounds like a good arrival night.

looking forward to more.

Your room looks great!! I love seeing TRs from the AoA resort because I've never been in the rooms! The resort looks beautiful! I want to stay there so bad sometime! We visited the resort to look around last June, but the Little Mermaid and Lion King sections weren't open yet. Yay! I can't wait to hear about your first day!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

i see not only you took my advice on getting your luggage but we also went to the B side to find magical express and had to go back to A side.

you would think there would be a sign or something for it...seing as disney is prob half of the airport business.

sounds like a good arrival night.

looking forward to more.

Hahaha, yes! I guess we were so excited we weren't paying very close attention to what we were doing! Later, I found that had this little map in my info packet, but I guess I thought I was too much of an expert to take it out...whoops! :rolleyes1

tumblr_mi2q92CqOu1r9q7wso1_400.jpg

I agree that it would be nice if they put 'wrong way' signs on the other side!

Your room looks great!! I love seeing TRs from the AoA resort because I've never been in the rooms! The resort looks beautiful! I want to stay there so bad sometime! We visited the resort to look around last June, but the Little Mermaid and Lion King sections weren't open yet. Yay! I can't wait to hear about your first day!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The whole resort was awesome! Even though The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, the Cars section was the best part of the hotel (IMO.) Everything was just a little smaller than life size which made you feel like you were really in Radiator Springs. So fun!

Great start! Subscribing now!

AOA is pretty amazing! We stayed there for 3 nights back in Sept!

I am in! I feel like mousekeeping never does towel animals for adults! they can tell that we aren't kids!

I will try to keep up with all your reports. Love seeing the pictures of the different resort rooms. My DH always wants to stay at YC or BC due to walking distance to Epcot. Even made me change this years resort from BW back toBC.lol I'm not complaining I love them but wouldn't mind trying one of the other resorts.

Can't wait to see more pictures of AoA!! I really want to stay there, but since it's just the 2 of us, it really only makes sense to stay in the LM room, and something tells me that's not near the top of my husband's list of Must-Stay rooms, haha.

Joining in! Art of Animation looks awesome. We're DVC members but I'm hoping to stay there in the near future, our DS loves Cars!

I am in! I feel like mousekeeping never does towel animals for adults! they can tell that we aren't kids!

Hahah, I agree! We had stuffed animals on the bed (because who can resist a new Disney character to snuggle with!) so we thought that might trick them into thinking we were kids but no such luck. Don't they know we're all kids at heart? :rotfl:

I will try to keep up with all your reports. Love seeing the pictures of the different resort rooms. My DH always wants to stay at YC or BC due to walking distance to Epcot. Even made me change this years resort from BW back toBC.lol I'm not complaining I love them but wouldn't mind trying one of the other resorts.

I love seeing other people's reports on different resorts too. Its easier to get a feel for the place seeing it through someone else's eyes instead of looking at pictures online.

Can't wait to see more pictures of AoA!! I really want to stay there, but since it's just the 2 of us, it really only makes sense to stay in the LM room, and something tells me that's not near the top of my husband's list of Must-Stay rooms, haha.

IMO, the rooms weren't overly feminine. The only Ariel in the room was on the shower curtain. Otherwise, I'd say it was more ocean/under the sea themed. If you book, just don't mention to DH what section you're in :laughing:

Joining in! Art of Animation looks awesome. We're DVC members but I'm hoping to stay there in the near future, our DS loves Cars!

I'm a huge LM fan, but thought the Cars section was the best out of the resort. I'll bet your son would love it!

We got up early on Monday and were raring to go. We stopped for coffee in the refillable mugs at the food court before heading to the bus stop to catch at ride to AK for our 8:30 ADRs at Tusker House for the character breakfast!

AK had EMHs that morning and opened at 8:00. We got there a little after 8:00 which meant we had a little time to kill. I decided this was the perfect time for our first PP pictures!

A little back story: I'd been hemming and hawwing over getting PP for a while. With only two of us I figured it would be nice to have someone take pictures of us together but it was so expensive I was having a hard time justifying it. Luckily, some fellow DISers turned me on to the idea of a photopass share! I found a share for $24 and decided to jump on the deal.

DSis wasn't quite as excited about stopping for pictures as I was but she went along with it anyways. I think she was really exciting about all our pictures once we uploaded them so I can probably sell it to her for our next trip! :banana:

We stopped outside the entrance gate and got our card and our first pictures.

tumblr_mi425hY6yz1r9q7wso1_400.png

tumblr_mi425hY6yz1r9q7wso2_400.png

The photographer seemed to pick up on our love for coffee!

tumblr_mi425xBxqB1r9q7wso1_400.png

(My share hasn't ordered our pictures just yet, so I PSed the photos off of the website- thus the small size/bad quality. We'll be ordering in the next few days so hopefully my disc will come soon!)

I loved the magic shot and wish we asked for more over the course of the trip!

We pretty much breezed past Discovery Island and made a direct path for Africa. I did, however, force Cait to stop for a picture with the Tree of Life.

tumblr_mi425xBxqB1r9q7wso2_400.png

We made it to Tusker House by a little before 8:30 and decided to check-in early. Being a character meal, I figured we'd have to wait a little bit but it was only a minute or two before we were headed around back to take our picture with Donald! We didn't buy the picture, and I didn't know if we could ask them to use our camera so we don't have any pictures of that. :(

And now, everyone's favorite part...the food pictures!

tumblr_mi41ql9lOJ1r9q7wso1_500.jpg

Okay, so I admit this is not a very exciting breakfast. I made the mistake of filling up on coffee and wasn't very hungry. Of course, I couldn't pass up on a Mickey waffle though! Overall, the spread of food looked really good. Maybe Caitlin will chime in on what she ate, but I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it.

While we nibbled on Mickey waffles, we had a few breakfast guests.

tumblr_mi41ql9lOJ1r9q7wso2_500.jpg

tumblr_mi41rqclWh1r9q7wso2_500.jpg

tumblr_mi41rqclWh1r9q7wso1_500.jpg

Our waitress was fantastic! She was really friendly, and went out of her way to come back to the table whenever a character stopped by so Cait and I could have our pictures together. She was awesome! What a great start to our dining experience!

We were out of Tusker House by quarter after 9 and made a beeline for an early morning safari!

Next update: A private safari?!

Loved all of your pics from your AK morning! The mug picture had me laughing. And your poses with Goofy were great! :thumbsup2

Hope you at least got to try their jungle juice. I loved the food from Tusker House breakfast last year! Looks like you had a fun morning with at TH with all of the characters.

Loved all of your pics from your AK morning! The mug picture had me laughing. And your poses with Goofy were great! :thumbsup2

Hope you at least got to try their jungle juice. I loved the food from Tusker House breakfast last year! Looks like you had a fun morning with at TH with all of the characters.

I completely forgot about the jungle juice! We did try it and thought it was fantastic! :goodvibes

Actually, we just got new juice machines in the dining halls at school and they serve some guava/mango mix that tastes just like it!

It's always fun to read a well-written TR, and when I saw you not only made chocolate chip Mickey pancakes but were an avid runner, as well, then I just had to subscribe. I should explain that I make chocolate chip pancakes for my young teen daughter every other weekend (I've perfected the recipe with a key ingredient substitution that is both healthy and tasty), and I've been running for decades. One of my favorite things to do while at the World is run between WL and FW as I've seen some lovely wildlife while rejuvenating myself after being around crowds all day. Good start on the TR! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter