Auberge de Cendrillon

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
Me again ;)

Has anyone eaten here before? What were your opinions on it? I've read reviews that say it's quite pricey, but how bad is it?

Would you say the food's suitable for a vegetarian and a slightly fussy eater?

And I've seen photos where it looks like the restaurant's outside. Are there any indoor tables? We're going in September, and this seems a bit of a risk.

Many thanks,

Suzi :)

I ate there with my daughter in January. I didn't even know they had outside tables - it was all indoors when we were there - and a very nice indoors at that. The weather was really freezing and snowing and raining all at once and we needed a refuge. We had a lovely table, and the theming is quite nice, but the service was terrible and the food just barely acceptable. My daughter had the children's hamburger. It was a bare, dry patty - with some fries. And I don't remember the price but it was very expensive for what we got. A McDonald's burger would have had 5 times the flavor at 1/5 the price. I can't recall what I ordered - probably steak - but I do remember I was NOT impressed. What we did enjoy, however, was the Cinderella's slipper dessert. I should say we enjoyed looking at it and photographing it more than eating it! It was quite creative. The mousse insided the white chocolate shoe was "tough" though- as if it had been refrigerated for a month or so!
I usually don't write a "review" unless i have something good to say. I guess until I started writing this I didn't realize how negative I really am about that restaurant. Maybe your experience will be better. To sum up - nice theming, relaxing ambience, food acceptable, but pricey. Service pretty bad, but of course that always varies. You could get a wonderful waiter.

We had a very good experience there for dinner about a year ago. Friendly, efficient service, and really good food. Neither of us are vegetarians, so I'm not sure what veggie options they had. At the time, lunch was a character lunch, and I think it was a cold buffet. Dinner was a non-character, traditional sit-down dinner.

Oh my, it just goes to show how very different experiences people can have at the same restaurant!

Like Jodyb, we went there when it was very cold outside -we went out of sheer desperation - it was in February and we were very cold and just needed somewhere to warm our bones for a bit. We went there because the queues to get in everywhere else were crazy - and getting a table as bad. So we only went in for some refuge from the cold.

Wow, were we impressed! The initial impression of the restaurant is that it is every girls' dream. Cinderella themed totally - there is even a life sized glass coach in the court yard outside. We had great service and honestly the food was some of the best I have ever eaten.

From memory, we had:

Vegetable soup to start (sounds dull but was really really nice)

Salmon on a bed of ??? with ???? (prefectly cooked, don;t think I've ever had such succulent salmon)
DH had steak which he is still raving about 6 months later

Pudding was the outstanding Cinderella's slipper. I have never seen or eaten anything like it.

Service was fine, not spectacular but quick, polite but not rushing us.

Go for it, you will not be disappointed if your experience is like our's was. We had a couple of duff meals at DLP but this was amazing :)

Karen

Suzi,

I have some photos but am failing to post them here - if you want I can email them to you? And there are lots of indoor tables!

Cheers

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter