~ Aug 2013~ Sew what... We've gotta find a way back! Part I!!

MOA = Mall of America!

Nini

Thank you! That was beginning to drive me crazy. :thumbsup2

Thank you! Shoulder pain seems to have diminished. We leave in the morning and we are all ready to go now!!!

We do have a decent company and am glad we kept my policy when DH and I got married. I also was happy to hear about the replacement policy on the car seats. Now to just find the time to do it.

Thank you for all the well wishes we are ready to go and leaving in the morning. He was back to normal within minutes of the procedure we had an awesome male nurse who did everything he could to keep Jeremy smiling.

Hope you have a very productive week!!

Glad your shoulder is feeling better. Have a great trip. Your son is so cute. What a trooper!

I
I will start revealing little bits about the BIG June auction after Suzi and Mo leave.

YAY! can't wait!!!

Yes, I did take that picture... It was taken right after we got off of our float at AG when we were in the parade. Donald was right in front of us and we were part of his group. :thumbsup2

How cool was it to be on the float??? I don't think I ever knew you were on a float. Or, I did & my CRS (can't remember ...stuff) kicked in. love the photo background

The MOA is the Mall of America in MN. :thumbsup2
Thank you! Was beginning to drive me crazy.:crazy2: One minute I thought it was a store, the next an attractions. I guess it is both. :rotfl:

I worked in my sewing room all day yesterday... I finally finished the bag! WHOOT! I have about an hour's worth of work to do yet on the wallet... Then I will take pictures, and get it in the mail - on time! WHOOT! This was a very difficult bag for me... mostly because I had to hand draw the entire applique and decide what details I was keeping - and which ones I just couldn't do. In the end, I am happy with it, and I hope the person who ordered it loves it too. I will be posting pictures later today.

Josh was at the lake all weekend, so I told myself I would work in my sewing room until he came home yesterday... He made it just in time, because we had storms last night. They rolled through very quickly - but they were intense there for a few minutes. No hail or tornadoes, but heavy rain and wind.

Today, I plan to finish that wallet right away... Then I will be starting on my next custom order bag set. I also plan to go back to work on my BIG auction items.... I still have 2 more full bag sets to complete, and a few more accessories. I wanted to have everything done by the time Suzi and Mo got here - but I just don't think that will happen. Even with next week off...

Have a wonderful day today everyone - all of you are in my thoughts and prayers today. :grouphug:

D~

cool you finished the bag. I'm happy Josh made it home before any storms.

Take that back... Just wrecked the wallet applique... Back to square one... Sigh.

D~

ouch... I am so sorry.

Must say I love the creativity you put into your bags. This is totally awesome. So unique. Now I am going to be playing find D~s bags, while my family plays find the hidden Mickeys. :rotfl2:

Must say I love the creativity you put into your bags. This is totally awesome. So unique. Now I am going to be playing find D~s bags, while my family plays find the hidden Mickeys. :rotfl2:

This is the game I plan to play too! I spotted one on someone's blog and knew immediately it was a D~ bag!

My bag came today!!!!! I was so excited to see the package in the mailbox! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Its even better in "person"!

Another "Kat" update - she is in good spirits and has lots of friends visiting her. She is getting both physical and speech therapy and they think the feeding tube will be out by the time she gets to Bethesda. Her departure date has been delayed until Thursday, so likely she won't get there until the middle of next week. She has to "overnight" at hospitals along the way. Not sure of her travel path, but I think she has to go to Japan first.

This is the game I plan to play too! I spotted one on someone's blog and knew immediately it was a D~ bag!

My bag came today!!!!! I was so excited to see the package in the mailbox! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Its even better in "person"!

Another "Kat" update - she is in good spirits and has lots of friends visiting her. She is getting both physical and speech therapy and they think the feeding tube will be out by the time she gets to Bethesda. Her departure date has been delayed until Thursday, so likely she won't get there until the middle of next week. She has to "overnight" at hospitals along the way. Not sure of her travel path, but I think she has to go to Japan first.

Sounds like it is good news. She will continue to be in my prayers.

Love the latest bag and wallet! So sorry the wallet gave you trouble, but the end result was fabulous. We always make it a point to see the gingerbread house in the GF and you did a fantastic job of capturing it in such a realistic way. WTG!!:thumbsup2

Hope you didn't get bad storms. We were in the middle of the 16 tornados that happened in Texas. Well, we weren't physically since they hit an hour south of my sister's house, but Dan's plane was one of the last ones to make it to the gate before they shut the airport down and we had to go back the next day for his bag since no one does anything outside while it's lightening. And man was it lightening!! I feel so badly for those families who are homeless due to the tornados. The area is just unbelievable. Again, hope things didn't get real bad for you guys up there!

Once again you've out done yourself D~! That bag is just beautiful! It will perfect for the Christmas season at the GF.

OK, so I broke down and ordered the PE 770 - it was either that or I would end up throwing my machine out the window of the sewing room...:scared:
I am SO frustrated with it right now. I ended up just turning it off last night and leaving the room.

:crazy2:

Congrats on the new machine!:cool1::cool1::cool1: From what everyone says, you will really love it. And it saves you from straining something when you go to heft your current machine out that window! :rotfl: Have fun!

Also, very glad to hear of the continued improvement of your great niece! Thanks so much for keeping us informed.::yes::

GRRR...somehow I KNEW you were going to say it was Android specific. I think I had it last year...but now that we have changed to an IPhone I can't find a good one...

Thanks anyway...

Nini

Well - I can't find one I really love... I wish someone would take it upon themselves to make some better and cuter Disney ones.

I have one called WDW countdown on my iPhone that I use and like. You can customize it too.

Hopefully Nini sees that.

We had a great time in Gettysburg - its only about an hour from home. No rain while we were there and we got a great walk through the National Cemetary. Came home and finished planting the strawberries. So the garden is almost finished, just need to get a couple of cucumber plants, which I'll do after work today.

Yay for a nice walk and almost finishing the garden. Josh has our plants started, but we can't plant yet... First it was too snowy, then too cold, now too rainy. :confused3 And I need to get more rhubarb plants... they were over harvested last year and died over the winter. :rolleyes1

can't do quoting today. My brain won't allow it.
I LOVE love love her dress!!! the shoes are awesome!!! have her walk in them with socks. that will help break in the shoes. (little late on that) and i LOVE MUDD shoes too. they last!!!

I wish I could wear cute shoes like this... I am relegated to granny shoes with good support...

OK the cart... I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD!!! first her in the cart is a darn riot but the BUMPERS!!! what a FANTASTIC idea!!! i must do this.. I will do this.

After I saw your picture of SUPER FRED in your PTR... Yah - I about died of :rotfl2: too!

She did look beautiful for the wedding!

THanks!

My car does that SAME noise with the windows! where your head feels like it will explode?!? yeah i totally get it.

Yes - that's it! For some reason I get the feeling that my family thought I was just trying to get out of going. :( But having the windows open like that is legitimately painful.

So the comment on your waiting until we LEAVE for the hints on the big auction. what?!?! i can take this so many ways!!!

Just too busy until after ou all leave... That's all.

10 Days for the epic shop-a-sleep-a-pictures-a-birthday-apalooza!
moa trip :cheer2:

That's great that you got everything you wanted done in the sewing room

Make that 9 days... WHOOT!

Bummer...

It's OK... Hopefully it doesn't cause me to fall too far behind though.

Can't wait to see photos Oops sorry about the wallet

It's OK - just happy I finished it in time.

I sure hope you don't end up referring to my bag as the: Bag from ****:rotfl2 Sorry I couldn't resist saying that! Hope it doesn't offend anyone

LOL

So sorry you missed the wedding, my car makes a terrible sound also when a window is down Love the cart situation,

Good Luck!
Monica

See... So happy that I am not imagining that awful thumping noise... Sometimes we forget about it, and open our windows - then we all cover our ears with our hands and screem until we can get them back up... Really comical - unless you are driving. :headache:

I can't stop....and it got worse the when I got to the picture with the toes sticking out in front of the cart. You sure made my Monday.]

Oh good... Just wait until you go over to Mo's PTR and see SUPER FRED... It is soooo much more funny combined with that.

I'm sorry you didn't make the wedding, and I'm sorry the Mexican food seems to give you problems (I don't eat it so I can't offer what it might be that is causing it).

I am still super bummed about the wedding... I wish I could have made it.

Glad Josh made it home safely; we had some tornado warnings around us all of last night.

Me too... I was home alone in a tornado in 2008... It was NOT a fun day... Granted it was only an F1, but it didn't matter when our house was shaking like crazy above me...

Thanks!

Another amazing handy work by the famous D~!!! can that BE ANY CUTER?!?!?
you did an amazing job!!!!

Thank you. :thumbsup2

What a lovely bag
The applique on the wallet is adorable

Thanks!

Love it! I just live the interior fabric.

Thanks!

OMGosh I LOVE I Can't wait to see it in person & go visit the GF in late November wearing this:). I never would have guessed pink, it looks beautiful. Thank you sooo much! I love the interior fabric & the wallet too
Thanks to the other girls input also!

Monica

Glad you like it! I always worry when I do a pink bag, because pink is most often a very much loved color or a very much hated color - there is rarely an inbetween. So relieved you like it.

Once again you've out done yourself D~! That bag is just beautiful! It will perfect for the Christmas season at the GF.

Thanks Tess!

OK, so I broke down and ordered the PE 770 - it was either that or I would end up throwing my machine out the window of the sewing room...
I am SO frustrated with it right now. I ended up just turning it off last night and leaving the room.

Yay!!! COngratulations!!! Every one loves it... I've only ever heard of one person not liking it - but she did have a defective machine, once she exchanged it - she loved it too. :thumbsup2 Soooo excited for you - espeically since it's my dream embroidery machine!

The ideas that you come up with always amaze me! And that wallet looks fantastic!

Thanks so much! Sometimes they amaze me too... LOL

Thank you! That was beginning to drive me crazy.

Sorry about that - I just thought everyone knew what it meant... Around here it is such a common abbreviation.

cool you finished the bag. I'm happy Josh made it home before any storms.

Thanks! Me too!

Must say I love the creativity you put into your bags. This is totally awesome. So unique. Now I am going to be playing find D~s bags, while my family plays find the hidden Mickeys.

Many people actually play this game - LOL And you are lucky Dee... There will be lots of people in the parks at the end of Aug carrying my bags - so you might have a chance at spotting them.

Cool... I think I know the blog you are referring to. I am not sure how many of my bags will be in the parks in September... I know there will be a Jimminy bag there though... :rolleyes1 Maybe everyone will be trying to spot you? LOL

That was super quick! Glad you received it and that you love it!

Happy to hear she is progressing. Continued prayers for her and your family.

Love the latest bag and wallet! So sorry the wallet gave you trouble, but the end result was fabulous. We always make it a point to see the gingerbread house in the GF and you did a fantastic job of capturing it in such a realistic way. WTG!

Thanks Lois... I have never seen the gingerbread house - it's on my must do list someday, if I ever make it down during the holidays.

Hope you didn't get bad storms. We were in the middle of the 16 tornados that happened in Texas. Well, we weren't physically since they hit an hour south of my sister's house, but Dan's plane was one of the last ones to make it to the gate before they shut the airport down and we had to go back the next day for his bag since no one does anything outside while it's lightening. And man was it lightening!! I feel so badly for those families who are homeless due to the tornados. The area is just unbelievable. Again, hope things didn't get real bad for you guys up there!

Oh no! I am so glad you all are OK. I know- it is just so sad and devistating.

Congrats on the new machine! From what everyone says, you will really love it. And it saves you from straining something when you go to heft your current machine out that window! Have fun!

LOL - I am super excited for her too... Reminds me of when I was about ready to heave Mr. R out the window.

Well - yesterday was not so much fun... I was not happy about that wallet. Once I realized I had to start over... Well, I cranked up the Disney channel on Pandora and I just sewed. I told myself that this bag probably wouldn't make it out in yesterday's mail (like it was supposed to), and I was able to relax and just stitch. I think I wrecked the first one because I was in too much of a hurry... Somtimes I just need to slow down and breathe. Which I did and it worked out better for me.

Once I finished that bag set, I started on my next custom order... I really like the fabrics on this one.

Once this order is finished, I have all of next week off - both in my sewing room and at Target. It will be such a nice relief, as I really need it.... I am starting to feel very stressed.

Unfortunately, even though I am "off" - I am really not off... As I still have 2 more auction bags to finish, and another few accessories I'd like to add. I hope to work on one of the bags next week. I've decided that one of the bags will be something different... :rolleyes1 Not the theme, but the pattern. :thumbsup2

I really hope that I can get back to work on my big auction items - I really want to be done with them soon, so I can take pictures and start writing the listings. Not to mention - I still have to do official anouncements on my fanpage. :crazy2:

In trip related news...

I made my customs list of what I need to make for our trip... It's a bit crazy... 1 quilted camera bag, 2 modified UPBs, 3 wallets, 3 lanyards, 1 camera strap, and potentially a coordinating camera bag insert (if I have time) and 2 more UPBs... I also have to stitch all of the shirts (which shouldn't be bad). I know this list doesn't sound too horrible, but considering that each bag takes me one week to make - and I have to make them around my custom orders - it's gonna be rough. Just Allison's camera bag alone will be a 2 week project...

Honestly, I am not going to have the time to start any of this until after 4th of July week, and I will have to squeeze all of it in around custom orders.

Thankfully - I have Allison's applique all cut out and put together. I've been thinking about just cutting out the front panel on her bag and stitching a little bit of her applique here and there... that will make her bag much easier when the time comes. Gotta finish the big auction stuff first. I am also considering doing the same for V's bag. I know which theme I am doing for mine, but... Well - I haven't even begun to decide what I am going to applique on it... I have a feeling I will still be working on my bag when we are supposed to be at the airport. :rolleyes1

It would be a horrible thing if we were to all show up in Disney with none of our own bags.

Thankfully - a few of my good friends have come forward to help me out... Chiara is doing a few appliques on felt for me, so that I can just straight stitch them on to our shirts. And Liz offered to make a couple of zipper pulls for our bags... :cloud9: This is soooo helpful to me - and I am so thankful! :grouphug:

I still have many things I need to purchase for our trip too... I still need to get the bottoms for Alli's swimsuit ordered. I also need to purchase our flip flops... I plan on investing in some better ones for the girls this year - hopefully I can find something supportive that they like... :scared: Hmmm... Actually - I think that is all? Ok - not as bad as I thought. I think we can manage that...

Alrighty... enough rambling for today... If you all haven't noticed - I am starting to prepare for the inevitable... My page count on this PTR is really starting to get close to the end, so I will need to start another one - I am guessing by mid-June... :rolleyes1 It's been going since August... So it's been going for quite some time now...

I hope you all have an amazing day, continued thoughts and prayers to all.

D~

I wanted to add...

I did not post about all the horrific weather that happened yesterday... I am not sure what to say - I have not read anything about it this morning, and all I saw yesterday was the initial reports. I need to go read this morning, but I am sort of afraid to. Storms scare me a lot...

Any of you that live in that area, can you please check in so we know you are OK - if you can, that is.

Much love and prayers go out to those affected by the storms. (((Hugs)))

D~

Your list of things to get done for your trip IS a lot!! Wow! Hope you can get it all done and retain your sanity. I am very much wanting to plan a trip for September. That free dining beckons me and September is our favorite time to go since the crowd levels are so low. But, DH wants to get our house paid off in the next 3 years and all our extra $ is going to that. So, it may not happen. But he does like to give me anything I want, so we'll see. I haven't brought it up to him yet.

It's so great that you're getting a bit of help from Liz and Chiara. Not that either of them have much going on.:rolleyes1

As far as the flip flops, I have a good friend who just loves the croc flip flops. They are supportive and look pretty cool as well. you might want to try them. I bought some Keens online last year and love them. They aren't the prettiest things, but they are super comfy. Also, anything by Finn is amazingly supportive and comfortable. Lots of styles, but pretty pricey. Online is better for prices. Zappos always has free shipping and they carry all kinds of brands.

Well, down to my sewing room I go. Hope you have a great day and that the storm damage is minimal for everyone.:goodvibes

I wanted to add...

I did not post about all the horrific weather that happened yesterday... I am not sure what to say - I have not read anything about it this morning, and all I saw yesterday was the initial reports. I need to go read this morning, but I am sort of afraid to. Storms scare me a lot...

Any of you that live in that area, can you please check in so we know you are OK - if you can, that is.

Much love and prayers go out to those affected by the storms. (((Hugs)))

D~

We have a DIS friend (who I had the pleasure of meeting at Disney during our December trip), who lives in Moore, Oklahoma. Thankfully, we talked to her last night and she and her family are fine; the devastation around her is surreal as she said.

your a busy bee...
Glad your "taking a week off" IF that's what you call it in Minn.. here in Chicago when we take off that mean no work... well the exception of cleaning cooking and running the kids all over still. :rotfl:

9 DAYS!!!​

Your list of things to get done for your trip IS a lot!! Wow! Hope you can get it all done and retain your sanity. I am very much wanting to plan a trip for September. That free dining beckons me and September is our favorite time to go since the crowd levels are so low. But, DH wants to get our house paid off in the next 3 years and all our extra $ is going to that. So, it may not happen. But he does like to give me anything I want, so we'll see. I haven't brought it up to him yet.

It's so great that you're getting a bit of help from Liz and Chiara. Not that either of them have much going on.:rolleyes1

As far as the flip flops, I have a good friend who just loves the croc flip flops. They are supportive and look pretty cool as well. you might want to try them. I bought some Keens online last year and love them. They aren't the prettiest things, but they are super comfy. Also, anything by Finn is amazingly supportive and comfortable. Lots of styles, but pretty pricey. Online is better for prices. Zappos always has free shipping and they carry all kinds of brands.

Well, down to my sewing room I go. Hope you have a great day and that the storm damage is minimal for everyone.:goodvibes

I second the crocs flip flops - I have 2 pair (one I got in Disney - very $$$, but very comfy) - the second pair I bought off the crocs website, they were last years model and on sale. I wore both pair when I was in Hawaii and they were very comfy.

I also just bought a pair of sandals from our Clarks outlet for about $25 - Privos, I think they were called. Seem to be similar in design to Keens, but without the price. I wore them most of the weekend and found them to be comfortable as well.

I love the Gingerbread House set! It's absolutely adorable.

I am interested to see what type of flip flops you purchase. I can never find good shoes for WDW. I have tried them all and always have the worst blisters. I always end up wearing my old ugly sneakers by the end of the trip.

It has been a tiring week so far in Oklahoma to say the least. We live north of Moore, but on Sunday the tornado that impacted Shawnee was forming above where we live. We're lucky enough to have a neighbor who allows us to join them in their shelter. I just hope we can catch a break for the rest of the week so the workers can do what they need to do. :worried:

It has been a tiring week so far in Oklahoma to say the least. We live north of Moore, but on Sunday the tornado that impacted Shawnee was forming above where we live. We're lucky enough to have a neighbor who allows us to join them in their shelter. I just hope we can catch a break for the rest of the week so the workers can do what they need to do. :worried:

I had to stop on here and respond when I saw your message... I cannot imagine how scared you must have been... Thank God you are all OK! And I am so thankful you have a neighbor that lets you shelter with them. :hug:

D~

I woke up today to the news today about the terrible weather in Oklahoma. I can't belive that they only got the warning 16 minutes prior to it happening.

Sounds like you have a very busy time in the sewing room even if you have a week of next week. I hope you can rest a little on your week off.

On another note the kids and I were in a car accident this morning. We were in a parking garage heading up to the higher levels and a guy coming down hit us in the driver's side front corner! I saw him coming so I stopped to make sure he had enough room to make the turn (it's very tight in there) and he must not have been paying attention and he ran into me. All three kids were of course locked into their seats and are perfectly fine!!! I'm also fine but after I finally calmed down and called the insurance company my left shoulder started hurting and has been hurting ever since. So not fair with us leaving for vacation on Monday!! Everyone I've talked to and who has seen the pictures all say it's his fault. He hit me when I was stopped. Here's the damage to my poor van. The fender right there is actually pretty bowed out. More than it looks in the picture. (Please ignore the green paint. That's from about 5 years ago when I was pulling into my garage and rubbed it on the frame!! I was still learning how to park it into our small 1 car garage.)

Dread! I'm glad everyone is OK but that is a big pain, especially right before your trip. I hate parking garages. They are not make for cars that are any bigger than a mini-Cooper.

I am so happy to hear that she is improving. Sounds like she will have a long path to even get back on American soil. Continued prayers for her full recovery.

I am glad to hear that you are OK. Wow, I can not even imagine how you are feeling. :grouphug:

D~ V looks so grown up in her formal dress and I love her shoes! I'm glad she is still a kid at heart - having a ride in the shopping cart! That must have been a fun shopping trip.

I'm sure you will be able to get most of your bags done. I was thinking about just making a "cover" for my custom camera strap. I wanted another themed strap but don't feel like recreating another strap so I might try to just make a cover because I love how comfy the strap I made is vs. the strap that came with the camera. Short-cut - YES but for one time use it might fit my bill.

I love the idea of doing the appliques on felt. I have the same problem here but luckily I can talk Casey into wearing her "old" custom shirts as PJ tops or can pass them down to her cousin. It does seem like a waste to make something they will only wear once.

I just bought a new pair of flip flops. Well, actually they are slides from skechers. Normally I don't have luck with sketchers but I really like these. They have a good arch and give me lots of support. They also have an adjustable strap so you can make them slightly wider or more narrow if needed. They were around $40 after coupons at Rack Room Shoes. I am wearing them to break them in before our trip and have been happy with them so far. I hope you can find something for the girls. Maybe Lands End has something???

http://www.rackroomshoes.com/product/skechers/reggae-rockfest/1504.212138.html

I love the Gingerbread House set! It's absolutely adorable.

I am interested to see what type of flip flops you purchase. I can never find good shoes for WDW. I have tried them all and always have the worst blisters. I always end up wearing my old ugly sneakers by the end of the trip.

:grouphug:
i hope you are all OK??

Oh Mrs Drewsky be safe we are all praying for all of you out there

I apologize I am so far behind ///// thanks Mo its YOUR fault will catch up fast as I can Just had to comment on the bag Yummmmmmmmmmm I can practically smell the Gingerbread Bravo fantastic job LOVE the lining too

Luvchefmic said:
Oh Mrs Drewsky be safe we are all praying for all of you out there

I apologize I am so far behind ///// thanks Mo its YOUR fault will catch up fast as I can Just had to comment on the bag Yummmmmmmmmmm I can practically smell the Gingerbread Bravo fantastic job LOVE the lining too

Sure blame me.. it was ONE weekend!!!

The new set is unique. and..for those not initiated with the Disney Dots, not specifically Disney - If I went to other Christmas activities, like a craft fair or holiday village, I'd take it then too.

Sorry for the messing of the first wallet. Sometimes you just have to blast the Pandora. Of course, I don't have Disney Station specifically, but I do have Zydeco and Bollywood. Maybe I should add Disney, to get in the mood.

I found a Tinkerbell dust ruffle for $2.00 the last time I went to the thrift store and I am working on disassembling it. It's handmade, so I feel a little bad about taking it apart, but the fabric is in very good condition and, hey - $2.00! Now I just need to think of something to make.

Hang in there for your personal customs. And I have faith that you'll get as much as you want done - without sacrificing the auction items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter