AUG 31 Wonder...Who's Going???

NJBILL

Always Keep An Eye To The Sky
Let me know if you are going on Aug 31 Wonder.
Thanks.

I can't believe my eyes...is this really a roll call for the August 31st Wonder??!! I've done roll call two times on this board and once on another board and no one here ever answered me. I was really starting to wonder if I was going to have the ship to myself! ;)

My family and I will be there including dd 5 and ds 4. Do you have any children?

Time is flying and I have a lot to do yet. Hopefully we'll get even more people responding but I wouldn't count on it! Wow, I'm just so excited to see a fellow DIS'er on board!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

My wife and I and our 4 children ages 6,6,8, and 16.
This is our first cruise, so not sure what to expect..hopefully a great time.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll all have a wonderful time! It looks like two of your children will be in the same kids' club as my daughter. I'm hoping that both my son and daughter really like the kids' club and stay to enjoy a lot of the activities.

We are actually leaving a day early to stay at the Hyatt at MCO then taking a limo the next morning to port. I'm hoping that will give us time to unwind and rest up for the rest of the vacation. I've been planning this for some time and I've cruised before (pre-kids) so if you have any questions I'll try to answer them. Everyone here is so helpful and full of tips. Warning...once you cruise you'll have a difficult time wanting to do anything else!

We'll have to bump this up every once in awhile so maybe we can catch some fellow cruisers that missed this the first (several) times! Take care!

I'll be there too with my 4 year old granddaughter. First DCL cruise for both of us, 2nd cruise for my granddaughter and 8th cruise for myself.

I am Having touble keeping my mind off of the cruise, I could pack and be out the door in about 20 minutes!

We are taking AMtrak from Phila on the 29th and arriving in Orlando on the 30th and taking a Limo to Radisson Resort at Port Canaveral for a night and will be going to the ship from there. They have a free shuttle to the ship.

I'm just so excited to see more people checking in! My countdown timer just keeps looking better and better!

NJBIll...you'll have to give me a report on your train trip. My husband and I have been wanting to try the train on a longer trip one of these days. I don't know if we'd go out of Philly or Baltimore. I know a lot of cruisers stay at the Radisson and have really liked it so I'm sure you'll really enjoy it as well.

slynn...my son is 4 so now I know at least one other child in his age group. Does she normally enjoy the kid's clubs?

carallard...sorry my children are younger but welcome aboard!! Where's everyone's countdown clocks? :D

This will be our second time on the train. We went to WDW 2 years ago on Amtrak. The kids enjoyed it, and it is more relaxing than driving, although it is a challenge at times to keep the kids occupied. There are TV's in the sleepers, and all meals are included in the price. If you do decide, the earlier you book the better as it gets more expensive as the train fills up.
:wave:

Hi Luckymommyx2

My granddaughter loved Camp Carnival, we could barely get her out of there to spend time with us. I bet Disney will be even more fun for her, hopefully she will at least spend some time with me.

We are flying in from Dallas on 8/30/03 and will shuttle over to the Raddison at the Port on the same day. Hopefully we can get an early shuttle from the Raddison to the ship!

Can't wait...counting the days!

WHat's everyone doing on Monday when we port at Nassau? I have read it is not the best place in the world (the city) especially with kids?

We've decided to stay on the ship. Although my kids have never been on the island, my husband and I have "been there, done that" and have no interest in doing it again. I guess it depends upon what types of activities or excursions you are looking at. I'm sure some others here will be getting off the ship and be able to give you ideas of things to do. Good luck...still counting down the days, hours, minutes....;)

We have booked a room at Comfort Suites and will be spending the day at Atlantis doing the slides and snorkelling. Last trip to Nassau we just stayed onboard and relaxed and the trip b4 that we did the dolphin excursion.

My DH, DS - 6 years old and myself will also be on the 08/31 Wonder Cruise. I was wondering if my DS would have anyone to play with in the club. Glad to see some people with kids....
We are also driving in the day before and staying at the Radisson at the Port.
We also decided not to get off the boat at Nassau and just hang out around the pool and do some much needed relaxing...
The only thing I even considered was getting a room at Atlantis but decided I woud wait until my DS was a little older to enjoy the slides.

My granddaughter (4) and I are also going to stay on the ship. I think she might be a little bit young for most of the excursions.

We can have our "beach day" at Castaway Cay.

Each day brings the cruise a little bit closer!

Hi guys! Is everyone packed?! I can't believe we will be cruising this weekend!!! It still seems like a dream...a very good dream. I just wanted to check in to see how everyone else is fairing with their vacation preperations. I hope we have some really nice weather~~I keep watching!

Safe trips everyone!!! :wave:

Not packed yet but I have everthing in one place and ready to throw in the suitcase at a moments notice.

I can't believe it is almost time and won't really feel that way until I actully step foot on the ship!

I keep watching the weather too and crossing all my fingers and toes that the sun will shine upon us all!

My wife has got most of our stuff packed. i have a lot of last minute things like stopping the mail, getting kids haircuts,pets etc.. I think the weather will be ok, a lot of the stormy weather is there now and should be gone. Kids are getting excited. SEE you on board...............

My poor kiddo has been very sick, 102 fever, chest rattle, runny nose, thank goodness it was this week and not next!

I just can't believe I will have 4 days to do anything I want or nothing at all aboard the Disney Wonder.
I am really excited.
I started packing last weekend and still keep going over the packing list to make sure I don't forget anything.

Will be at the Radisson in 3 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter