August 16, 2011, Disney Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hellooooooo Friends!!!

I've been lurking but haven't posted much lately. Hope all is well with everyone!! We have been busy preparing for our upcoming trip on May 28-June 5. We are soooo anxious!

The only bummer is after that trip, we won't be vacationing again (a big vaca anyway) until this wonderful cruise we are all so excited about. But, it will go by fast, I'm sure!!

Take care everyone!!!

Well Hellooooooo Friends!!!

I've been lurking but haven't posted much lately. Hope all is well with everyone!! We have been busy preparing for our upcoming trip on May 28-June 5. We are soooo anxious!

The only bummer is after that trip, we won't be vacationing again (a big vaca anyway) until this wonderful cruise we are all so excited about. But, it will go by fast, I'm sure!!

Take care everyone!!!

Hi Karen!!:goodvibes:)

Hope everyone had a nice Saturday!!

We had a nice day. The weather was lovely.

The girls helped me get some last minute things ready for my long-term subbing job that begins on Monday. I am counting the days down until the end of school now........I can't wait for school to end then we are headed back to WDW and VB!!

Bruce, opened up the pool today. I hope it warms up soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes:)

Reminds me of a song..."Schools out for summer." Great song around this time of year!

I'm sure that Bruce will help you get your school stuff together each day, seeing how he insisted on you doing this. :lmao: LOL :rotfl2:

Reminds me of a song..."Schools out for summer." Great song around this time of year!

I'm sure that Bruce will help you get your school stuff together each day, seeing how he insisted on you doing this. :lmao: LOL :rotfl2:

Ohh, Randy. I just read this post to Bruce he is laughing soo hard....

He is singing the song too. He just said, "That Randy is one funny guy.":rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hello Everyone! It has been a really crazy couple of weeks but I have decided I better check in here before I miss all the great chatter!

We spent the weekend at the cabin and it was wonderful because the weather was perfect. It was a busy weekend as we finished setting up the cabin for the season, got the boat in the water and the lift cover on and still managed to get our 11 mile run in. We won't be going back up to the cabin until Memorial Day weekend but plan on spending many summer weekends there.

My running and training has been taking up a lot of time. DH are running a 1/2 marathon on June 6th and I am feeling like we actually might be prepared for it. I am still terrified and am sure I will have nightmares about it until we actually run it.

I have also been applying for new jobs and teaching applications are filled with essay questions. Plus, it takes me a long time to put together all the portfolio stuff I need. There are a few teaching jobs available so I am crossing my fingers but know I will have to substitute teach next year if none of it comes through.

Then, dance is crazy at this time of the year. The kids have had 2 weekends in a row of competitions, we have 2 weekends off and then we will have 2 weekends for recital, one weekend off and then Emily's group competes in a national competition. As much as I love to see them dance, I am always a bit relieved when it is all over.

So, as you can see...it has been crazy! :upsidedow We are counting the days until summer break...13 school days for Ben, 18 school days for Emily, 19 for me and 20 for Paul. We are almost there!

Hope everyone else is doing great!
Jen

Hey Everyone,

Check out America's Funniest Home Videos Tonight @ 7:00pm they are on the Disney Magic!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hello Everyone! It has been a really crazy couple of weeks but I have decided I better check in here before I miss all the great chatter!

We spent the weekend at the cabin and it was wonderful because the weather was perfect. It was a busy weekend as we finished setting up the cabin for the season, got the boat in the water and the lift cover on and still managed to get our 11 mile run in. We won't be going back up to the cabin until Memorial Day weekend but plan on spending many summer weekends there.

My running and training has been taking up a lot of time. DH are running a 1/2 marathon on June 6th and I am feeling like we actually might be prepared for it. I am still terrified and am sure I will have nightmares about it until we actually run it.

I have also been applying for new jobs and teaching applications are filled with essay questions. Plus, it takes me a long time to put together all the portfolio stuff I need. There are a few teaching jobs available so I am crossing my fingers but know I will have to substitute teach next year if none of it comes through.

Then, dance is crazy at this time of the year. The kids have had 2 weekends in a row of competitions, we have 2 weekends off and then we will have 2 weekends for recital, one weekend off and then Emily's group competes in a national competition. As much as I love to see them dance, I am always a bit relieved when it is all over.

So, as you can see...it has been crazy! :upsidedow We are counting the days until summer break...13 school days for Ben, 18 school days for Emily, 19 for me and 20 for Paul. We are almost there!

Jen

Hi Jen!!

Jen

Wow, Jen!! You are BUSY!!! I'm out of breath just reading your post and I haven't run at all :)

I wish you the best in your job search as well as your marathon!

Take care!!

Hey all! Just in from a hockey game (GO FLYERS!).... A dose of reality - exactly 1 year from today many of us will be eligible to start booking excursions and all that good stuff... :)

Wow, Jen!! You are BUSY!!! I'm out of breath just reading your post and I haven't run at all :)

I wish you the best in your job search as well as your marathon!

Take care!!

Karen - I am always tired out right now! I need to have summer vacation come and get everything back in control again!

Hey all! Just in from a hockey game (GO FLYERS!).... A dose of reality - exactly 1 year from today many of us will be eligible to start booking excursions and all that good stuff... :)

Hey Harry -

This is an exciting announcement! I have no clue what excursions we will book (if any) but it is still cool to see we are only 1 year out from that!

On a side note...I did get your information for the family page and will update it all this weekend when we are home and have a bit more time! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sending it!

Called today to book the Wishes Dessert Party to our July reservation... I am so excited! I booked it for a MK EMH night so I really feel like I am getting my monies worth since it will be more crowded!

Right now I can honestly say that I have FOUR trips to WDW currently booked between July and next April ...plus the cruise!!! That is a magical feeling!:thumbsup2

Jen...
Sorry if I have told you this already but just love it every time I see your name!!! I have two children... Jen and Anderson!:goodvibes

Called today to book the Wishes Dessert Party to our July reservation... I am so excited! I booked it for a MK EMH night so I really feel like I am getting my monies worth since it will be more crowded!

We booked it last 4th of July - avoiding the HUGE crowd was well worth it.

Right now I can honestly say that I have FOUR trips to WDW currently booked between July and next April ...plus the cruise!!! That is a magical feeling!:thumbsup2

Awesome on your FOUR trips!!!:):cool1:
Do you have AP's?

I haven't been around lately
Hows everyone getting on ?

Well i got bad news. We decide to cancel. With us living up here in NoVa only for 4yrs we decided to do a road trip next summer instead. We only have 2 years left. We are going New York,Mass,Pennsylvania.

We are hoping to throw a cruise in spring break 2012. You all have fun.

Awesome on your FOUR trips!!!:):cool1:
Do you have AP's?

Yes... we love our Annual passes! With DVC we get $100 discount and it really makes it worth it! We may sneak down over MLK weekend too but stay with my daughter's godparents. They are snow birds and rent a house for the winter in Haines City just outside of Orlando! The passes are nice because we can hit a restaurant in a theme park and not feel like we have to spend a whole day there!:thumbsup2

We booked it last 4th of July - avoiding the HUGE crowd was well worth it.

We were at the desert party last 4th of July too! which side were you on? we were on the sunny side melting to death. So happy when the sun finally set. Our table was right behind the photographer. I agree with you, totally worth it to avoid the 4th crowds. Were you in any of our picts?
IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

See, right behind the photographer....
IMG_2889.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter