August 2010 anyone?

PeggyFriend

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm new here and am hoping to go to WDW next August. I have no idea when to begin planning or what is best to do first, if I am thinking about this too soon, etc. We got our free customized maps and DVD in the mail, so we are excited to start planning!

Anyone else going next August? I notice rates for lodging dropped this year on August 9 - is that similar from year to year?

I have a million questions! Experts - what advice do you have for where I should begin? I am not completely committed to August if June or July is better!

My husband and I, our son (who will be 5) and my parents will be going. I'm known for my couponing and internet savvy shopping with promo codes, etc. We don't want to be "cheap" on our Disney trip, but stretching our dollars is always a plus!

Also, our son has food allergies to nuts and eggs, and I understand that Disney is VERY accomodating with meals.

So... who's in for August, and where do we begin? :cool1: TIA!

We'll be there the last week of August. Not sure of exact dates or location yet. I hope to figure out what I'm doing by Christmas. :confused3

I'm already booked for 7/30-8/7 at POFQ. I guess I'm early :rotfl:. I booked a package so I'm able to pay it off as I go along and hope to have everything paid off before the 45 day mark. I got a 6 day park hopper and dining with a king room for me, DH and DS (my DS will be 26 mos and sometimes sleeps with us now so I figured a bigger bed is best just in case). I'm so excited already. I've already started looking up places to eat so that I'll be ready to do my ADR's when the time comes. I booked with Dreams Unlimited and they will make the calls for me. I just have to give them a list of where and what time. Makes things easier. Hopefully some pixie dust will come my way and I'll get a pin or some kind of discount will come out. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Hi, I'm also new to the boards but I been listening to the podcast for a while now. If all goes well my family and I will be there in early August 2010. It's gonna be 6 of us in all, 2 of who have been there once before....oh wait my gf was there when she was 9 so thats 3. We are all pretty excited though. I'm sure that the boards will help us to plan though.

I have one question though, we'll be coming from Trinidad and more than likely landing at Miami. Should we take a connecting flight to Orlando or rent a car and drive down?

TIA

We stayed at the Poly Aug 12-19 and just booked our trip at the Poly for next Aug 18-25. :banana: It will be our THIRD stay at the Poly and 4th trip to Disney in 5 years...we are addicts!!:hippie:

I'm taking my then 13 yo sold for our next trip Aug 15-28 next year. I have already started planning and actually have a book with the plans/lists.

Obviously I can't plan ADRs yet without knowing the park days but I have a general idea.

I started planning the trip when I was still at the world in February.

We are still in the planning stages but it looks ds and I for a late august trip.

UPDATE: Change of plans moved to late May early June sorry I will miss all of you August travelers.

I have a 16 day trip planed August 9th - 24th 2010. I just booked yesterday and I would advise you do the following:

Decide on dates you want to go..
Then where you want to stay and how long...
Decide on your park ticket needs

Then book your vacation package. You will be required to pay a $200.00 Deposit either via Credit Card over the phone or you can send a check but it must be received and cleared before the reservation expires...Easiest to just use your credit card.

After this is done start reasearching a little more about your resort choice and get familiar with the parks as your trip nears you want to look closely at the attractions at each park ( disney website and DIS for this ) and decide on what you must see.

Creat a Plan for the visit - you can be simple and just decide where to go each day or more detailed like me and plan each attraction and the order your will visit them in - either way just remember that sometimes plans change and you should focus on enjoying your vacation dont stress to much over it.....

I think your family may enjoy August better than June/July as I find it is a bit busier during June/July...

We are staying at POP Century which is a great value resort so if budget is important you may want to consider this resort.

One of the best things about POP is unlike the other 3 value resorts POP does not share bus transportation with any other resort. All star Music,Movies and Sports often share busess and this can cause small delays in getting to and from the park.

Feel free to PM with any other questions...I would be glad to help!

Pipser - I am coming in from Grand Cayman and always take a connecting flight into Orlando for several reasons number 1 is the Magical Express Service its free and I dont need to worry about luggage all that much ( just remember to pack anything like meds bathing suites extra clothes etc in your carry on) and numebr 2 - the drive from Miami to Orlando is about 3 hours as toursit it will most likely take you longer....I say lets get the fun started as quickly as possible.....let me know if you need help with anything else.

I think we will be there August 22-28, 2010. We usually go in September, but the kids are getting too old to miss school for a week. Hopefully hubby can get vacation from work that week.
Let the planning begin!

The last week of August was magical, hot but low crowds! Everyone was on free dining and we could not eat anywhere as we did not make prior resv and were off property due to not making travel plans until late.

We are also in the planning stages of for our trip next year. We are keeping our fingers crossed that another deal will come out for then.
We are deciding which hotel to stay at. We want to enjoy the resort and come back and forth from the parks mid day.
Thanks

We are deciding which hotel to stay at. We want to enjoy the resort and come back and forth from the parks mid day.
Thanks

This is a really good idea my family loves to come back take a swim and/or a nap, shower, change etc... we usually leave the park around 1 -1 30ish then leave our resort around 5....so...sometimes we spend an hour in the arcade or looking around the gift shop...taking photos etc....before leaving for our next park....all the resorts have there own unique entertainment....There's no place like home!

This is a really good idea my family loves to come back take a swim and/or a nap, shower, change etc... we usually leave the park around 1 -1 30ish then leave our resort around 5....so...sometimes we spend an hour in the arcade or looking around the gift shop...taking photos etc....before leaving for our next park....all the resorts have there own unique entertainment....There's no place like home!

Doesn't a quick dip in the pool or a shower sound great after a long hot morning walking around the parks,lol.
Now just to decide which hotel(s) to stay at.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ahhh...Wish I was there right now...

Well as in my previuos post - for budget freindly trips I would hands down reccommend POP as my #1 choice.... with 3 great pools (compaired to only 2 at each of the other values) it's own bus transportation ( no sharing the bus with other reosrts) you just have to love that....plus the themeing is great for all ages....

If budget is not an issue - Then I would say AKL....CR.....CS but you have to research what ever it is you chosse learn as much about the layout of the resort as well as food choices and anything else you wuold consider important. ....pools with slides etc....

Ahhh...Wish I was there right now...

Well as in my previuos post - for budget freindly trips I would hands down reccommend POP as my #1 choice.... with 3 great pools (compaired to only 2 at each of the other values) it's own bus transportation ( no sharing the bus with other reosrts) you just have to love that....plus the themeing is great for all ages....

If budget is not an issue - Then I would say AKL....CR.....CS but you have to research what ever it is you chosse learn as much about the layout of the resort as well as food choices and anything else you wuold consider important. ....pools with slides etc....

Thanks-
What is the CR or CS- coronado springs? We have stayed at the pop and loved it also. I am just deciding if we should stay somewhere that is more central but the pop is pretty central. We also loved the buses from this hotel.

Thanks-
What is the CR or CS- coronado springs? We have stayed at the pop and loved it also. I am just deciding if we should stay somewhere that is more central but the pop is pretty central. We also loved the buses from this hotel.

ooops sorry - CR Contemporary Resort and CS - you were right about that one :thumbsup2

Yeah I really love POP and in the current times its right up my budget alley....
My dream resort is CR and AKL - I hope to join the DVC and make CR Bay Tower my new Home! One day....

We're staying at the BWV next August from the 1st to the 7th for our second anniversary! Can't wait! :banana::banana:

While we were there, I booked for next year! Aug 23 we're going to ASMu Family Suites then on August 27 we'll do 3 nights at the Contemporary, MK view! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!:woohoo:

Oooo, so glad I found this thread!!! I'm so excited, our trip feels even closer now talking with all of you going in August.

We are going August 19-27: 8 nights at All Star Music Suites. We just took our first trip this past May and had a blast, we stayed at the Movies and had 2 connecting rooms, I wanted to try the suites this time for something different.

Make sure to book preferred view if you are staying at an All Star resort, I was told that if you don't you could be 10-15 minutes, walking distance from the food court and busses. That wouldn't be fun after a long day at the parks.

I'll be booking soon ,i'm too excited.

Oh, WHO'S HOPING FOR FREE DINING????? ME ME ME ME ME ME

We booked our Aug. 2010 trip as a bounceback with Free dining. We are going Aug. 20th thru 30th. We'll be staying at POFQ! I can't wait, 10 nights of free dining. We have already begun our list of places we'd like to eat at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter