August 2012

donnaf516

DIS Veteran
Is there an official August 2012 planning thread? Can't find one but maybe I'm just missing it.

Hey Team August!!!:cheer2:

We'll be there on 8/20 thru the 25th. We miss FD by a week-figures! But nonetheless, very excited!! Going for a long weekend in May to hang out in Epcot for the DH's birthday, but the big trip is August with the kids. We have booked 3 rooms for various family members. Staying at POR, in the new RG rooms.

Whats everyone's plans??:)

Hey August dreamers!

We're headed to the World August 24th thru September 2nd for our DS's 7th birthday! It'll be DH's birthday too but he made me swear I wouldn't make mention of that. Hmmmm, must've forgotten that promise when I made our resort ressie and ADRs and noted it on everything! Oops ;)

I asked DS6 what he would want to do for his birthday, if he could do anything he could imagine. His answer? He wants to be first in line behind Piglet for the parade at CP! That's my (brainwashed) Disney kid!! We had been thinking of doing our annual Disney vacation that week anyway, so his answer fit right in. I can't wait to see how much fun it will be to have him at Disney for his actual birthday! I'm sure I'll cry the whole time and DH will make fun of me but oh well! This is our first trip to WDW in five years that it will be just the four of us (took my brother once, DH's brother, my parents, then his parents), so we're fulfilling our dream at staying at BLT. Can.Not.Wait!!!!

What's everyone else doing? I need stories to get me through the next 5 months!!

Capnjacksgirl: Lucky you-getting the BLT room. That sounds sweet! And theres nothing like a birthday in the World. My kids are much older than yours, so a couple year ago, I ditched them lol, and spent my 40th birthday with my 3 best friends at the Poly (LV CL :cloud9:) The best birthday EVER!! lol. I still havent told my kids that I stayed at the Poly that week-I dont think theyd forgive me;)

I'm with all of you Augusters. lol We will be there the 7th thrue the 13th.

So excited for this trip. My whole family will be going(9 of us). 4 who have never been to Disney before. We just told the 3 youngest (all first timers) and their excitement is awsome. All I can say is the next 128 days are gonna take forever to be over!

So is anyone from TEAM AUGUST going to order from a grocery service? Im leaning heavy on trying GG for the first time this year. You know, for breakfast items, munchies, and lots of bottled water!

So is anyone from TEAM AUGUST going to order from a grocery service? Im leaning heavy on trying GG for the first time this year. You know, for breakfast items, munchies, and lots of bottled water!

We will be ordering. I am leaning tword Wegoshop, simply because I would like to order some non grocery items that will be cheaper and easier to get if I can have them shop at Wally world.

The wife and I are going Aug 26 through Sept 4, so I guess we count for both months. Have a room at POFQ, are on the free dining plan. This is my first trip to WDW since 86, when I was a teenager, played a lot of video games that trip. I think I will be seeing more of the parks and resorts this time around. Especially since they have added a lot of stuff in this 26 years.

The wife and I are going Aug 26 through Sept 4, so I guess we count for both months. Have a room at POFQ, are on the free dining plan. This is my first trip to WDW since 86, when I was a teenager, played a lot of video games that trip. I think I will be seeing more of the parks and resorts this time around. Especially since they have added a lot of stuff in this 26 years.

Lucky you getting FD!! We missed it by a week:sad2: and Im still not over the dissapointment, lol.

FQ is such a pretty resort- I love how its not a huge place, the boat to DTD, and the jazz music playing!:cloud9:

Happy Planning!

We have ordered from GG four times while staying at POR. Everything was VERY efficient and my order is always there when I step off ME.:thumbsup2

BTW...we will be at POR again 8/17-31. I can't wait!:cheer2::yay::banana:

We have ordered from GG four times while staying at POR. Everything was VERY efficient and my order is always there when I step off ME.:thumbsup2

BTW...we will be at POR again 8/17-31. I can't wait!:cheer2::yay::banana:

wow, that's a nice long vacation!! JEALOUS!! We'll be there during that stretch (20th - 25th) We have 3 RGR rooms at POR. I didnt request these rooms, since I have older kids, but I lucked out w/ a pin code, and I had to take these rooms for it to apply:goodvibes I've never stayed in the Mansions before so Im psyched about that anyway....Happy planning!!:hippie:

wow, that's a nice long vacation!! JEALOUS!! We'll be there during that stretch (20th - 25th) We have 3 RGR rooms at POR. I didnt request these rooms, since I have older kids, but I lucked out w/ a pin code, and I had to take these rooms for it to apply:goodvibes I've never stayed in the Mansions before so Im psyched about that anyway....Happy planning!!:hippie:

The RGR's look beautiful!:cloud9: I wish we could stay in one of those but they only hold 4 people and we are a party of 5. I am excited about the new queen beds and the refurbed room though!:cool1:

Are you super excited to be traveling with extended family? I want to do that one day too.:grouphug:

The RGR's look beautiful!:cloud9: I wish we could stay in one of those but they only hold 4 people and we are a party of 5. I am excited about the new queen beds and the refurbed room though!:cool1:

Are you super excited to be traveling with extended family? I want to do that one day too.:grouphug:

TOTALLY Excited:cool1: and so are the kids....probably cuz mom (me) is paying for everything,;). It's so nice bringing your kids when theyre old enough that they dont need to be chaperoned at pool anymore:lmao:

We'll be there from Aug 22 - Sep 3! We have FD (booked during the Cdn offer) and will be staying at Pop. We upgraded to the DDP and plan to spend lots and lots of time eating.

Also, this is a waterpark focused trip with only 6 park days. I'm so incredibly pumped to be going back.

Hiya everyone :)
We'll also be there August 21st-28th with canadian FD :D we're staying at PORFQ!

We're going too!! Well, me and DD and DS!

We're booked at POP for Aug 25-31 with FD, might stay a couple days before hand somewhere, maybe rent DVC points?

There is a possibility we might scratch the whole onsite thing and stay offsite with my friend and her kids because they had a trip planned and her and her DH have split up, so she needs another adult to help her out with driving and stuff.

Either way, we'll be there that week! I figure, either way we'll be at Disney so win-win!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter