August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

I'm patiently waiting for the prices to fall. We are at $587 through Costco for a minivan for 10 days. I'm hoping it will come down to half of that as we get closer. I'm thinking by July we should see some pretty good rates.

My rate is now down to $501, taxes included, for a mid-size SUV for 15 days. Applied an Entertainment Book coupon to my National reservation(using the KLM Flying Blue discount) once the book arrived by mail.

We will need a rental car for 8/17 thru 8/25. I am hoping to find a great deal. We just need seating for four. Hoping the group finds great deals.

Nope...I check every single day...haha!!

I need 8/20-8/30. I'm hoping for $250.00ish with everything included. I need a minivan!

Super happy to have found this thread! DH says we will be servicing one of our own if I cant find a deal on rental tho I'd really like to keep the miles off of ours :scared: Thanx for the thread :wave2:

Wow, so glad we found this thread.

This is four first ever trip to Disney and definitely needs a mini van, since we are staying offsite at the Windsor Hills.

Where is everyone finding coupon codes?

Thanks

I like Alamo / National because of the drop off far WDW on site locations. I have had great service at The Dolphin for pick up. - the one agent has been there since that office opened and is a credit to the company and what customer service should be. However I think there are better rates to be had from other brands like Avis if the WDW pick up or drop off is not a factor for you.

Hi all...if you have access to chase ultimate rewards via one of their credit cards (sapphire, ink bold, etc.), you can book either with points or money via their travel portal. We just booked a minivan for a week in August for $272, all in. IIRC, it was with National, but we could have picked Alamo or Enterprise also. Rate was good for MCO or TPA.

I am a Emerald Club member thru National, just made a reservation for a midsize, 8 days using the KLM code for $212

I am a Emerald Club member thru National, just made a reservation for a midsize, 8 days using the KLM code for $212

I am sorry, but what is the KLM code and how do you use it?

Do you use it as a coupon code or contract code?

I am sorry, but what is the KLM code and how do you use it?

Do you use it as a coupon code or contract code?

I googled it and found the code. It is through KLM/Air France airlines. I just rented a minivan at National using the code for 9 days in August for $390 all in. That's at least $100 cheaper than anything else I've found so far.

I just signed up for the KLM Flying Blue program and used the code 8572130. It saved me $54.47 over my placeholder reservation and it was $303.57 less than the National quote without the code. Still hoping for a better rate, but if we don't get it I'll be happy with this one.

We're doing a 10 day rental and have a standard size car.

I just signed up for the KLM Flying Blue program and used the code 8572130. It saved me $54.47 over my placeholder reservation and it was $303.57 less than the National quote without the code. Still hoping for a better rate, but if we don't get it I'll be happy with this one.

We're doing a 10 day rental and have a standard size car.

Thanks for sharing. I just reserved a minivan for 8 days at the cost of $412. Still not great, but much better than their non-discounted rate.

Ok folks, normally I would not be looking this early, but I was bored today. For grins and giggles, I got on the Costco website and found a sweet deal on a minivan. Aug 16 - Aug 23, $224 including all taxes. Yup, that's not a typo.

You can get a similar deal through carrentalsavers. However, the minivan at carrentalsavers is limited to 1000 miles a week, which probably doesnt make any difference.

Go get em while still available.

Forgot to mention this is for pickup and dropoff at MCO

Ok folks, normally I would not be looking this early, but I was bored today. For grins and giggles, I got on the Costco website and found a sweet deal on a minivan. Aug 16 - Aug 23, $224 including all taxes. Yup, that's not a typo.

You can get a similar deal through carrentalsavers. However, the minivan at carrentalsavers is limited to 1000 miles a week, which probably doesnt make any difference.

Go get em while still available.

Forgot to mention this is for pickup and dropoff at MCO

With which rental agency?:confused3

With which rental agency?:confused3

I'm thinking Budget. I got an awesome rate earlier today (233.00) for Aug 23-30 using the code W810011 found the code on the mousesavers website. With that code the miles are limited to 1000mi per week but since I'm not planning on driving even close to that much it works for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter