August 2017

Magic44

Earning My Ears
we are planning a trip for 3 weeks In August next year, I have been looking at the dining plan but to get it you have to stay at top hotels that cost so so much!! Is it really worth it? Or should I just book it all as separates and not have the dining plan? Just wish flight prices were out now as no idea how much bit will be for August next year :/

I love the dining plan but from what I understand it's not great value. I love the freedom it gives not to look at prices etc but I don't eat desserts often!!!!

Could you split your stay between hotels or just upgrade the dining from a moderate? Don't know how that would work

My ex husband and I have a Marriott vacation club timeshare, he's using it next year but I can buy getaways so we can stay there and get flights separate but I have never actually stayed in Disney and have been to Orlando 15 times!! My parter and I took his girls last year but want to stay for 3 weeks next year as there was so much they didn't see being their first time. Just think we might be better off doing it separate but still like the idea of staying at Disney :/

yes, it is expensive...
we're also going for 3 weeks in august 2017 - with 8 of us (don't ask how much it's costing.....a not so small fortune)..

initially, i was going to have us stay off property to save money, but when i calculated in the cost of food, i realized that the savings weren't as great as i thought they'd be...so i made reservations with disney.uk for the 'free dining' package....
it will be more expensive, but everyone really wants to stay on property, plus with two toddlers this time, it will be easier to get back to the resort for the midday nap this way...

but if you can get a really good deal off property, that works too...we've done that in the past..
but now with the cost, we'll only go to disney about every 5 years.....so given that, it's worth it to us to splurge and stay onsite...

Staying onsite is expensive.

For the first time in years next year we are not staying onsite for our summer trip. We have booked a 5 bed villa offsite. It is costings us £2000 less that the one bedroom at OKW with free dining that we would have usually booked. Free dining isn't a great deal for us as we stay in a DVC one bedroom with only 2A and 1C so under max occupancy.

For the two weeks I know we won't spend £2k in food so we are better off and we get to experience something different :)

I also don't like the DDP as it feels very restrictive to us and I always end up eating more that I would if we paid OOP and I regret it when I get home as I have gained so much weight.

We are doing the dining plan for the first time this year, I wasn't sure tbh that it was the best option after booking but now the dollar exchange rate isn't as good after Brexit and the ADR's I've managed to book, off the top of my head I think it will save us some money. This is the first time we have stayed onsite and after we walked from dhs to Epcot last year we all fell in love with the look and location of beach club.I knew it would be more to stay in the Disney bubble but when we got it costed it wasn't actually that bad. We booked early as soon as the dates are released. We are doing 1 week at beach club then 2nd week offsite so we can do a full on Disney week and then a universal/seaworld/shopping week after. Tot up what you'd allocate each day for food and see what comes out on top.
I think that Virgin prices are out now as a friend I have had booked for next October - email them to give you a quite and then at least you will have some figures to work too. Happy planning

You will love the beach club. We ve done out last few trips there (last one split with a villa) and can't recommend it highly enough(especially now it's be returned)

Location is in my opinion the best in Disney (love popping to Epcot for dinner) so much is walkable (even MK if you jump on monorail in Epcot) and the pool is amazing. Lovely feel to it.

We re (at the moment) not planning to return for two summers (so guess we can book a year out?) but we are already struggling to see beyond the beach club!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter