August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

My cucumber plant (that has had tons of flowers) finally has a baby cucumber!

I drove to the donation center this morning, and my car is no longer full of leftover flea market stuff!!

(Bonus, while I was over that way, I got to check out a Trader Joe's, which I don't have close to me.)

My cucumber plant (that has had tons of flowers) finally has a baby cucumber!

I drove to the donation center this morning, and my car is no longer full of leftover flea market stuff!!

(Bonus, while I was over that way, I got to check out a Trader Joe's, which I don't have close to me.)
I LOVE Trader Joe’s-they are a life saver to me on busy nights because their frozen-steam in the pan-meals are so so good and usually ready in 5-10 mins!! Garlicky noodles, fried rice, chicken teriyaki are my favorite!!

B231B326-2F3F-457C-8686-73C12F733590.jpeg
Good Morning and Happy Thursday!!!

What is everyone thankful for today?

Feeling extra Thankful for my family today, my job, my pets and our family’s health.

Thankful our landscaping is done and looks absolutely amazing! It’s raining today but I will try and remember to grab pictures tomorrow!

Everyone have a great day!

Thankful for plans coming together. Earlier this week, DH suggested we get tickets to our MLB team for Monday's game (they are doing awful this year, so you can get very cheap tickets). Well, I had to turn it into a production lol and invited the kids to go. Our middle DD is terrible about responding to texts, but finally this morning, we have a plan for all of us to go to the game.

I got tickets on tickpick for $4 each, so it's going to be a super cheap and (hopefully) super fun evening together!!

Today I'm thankful for public libraries. My prone-to-motionsickness trio can't have any visual stimuli on airplanes, which will be especially challenging for cross country flights. Our library system has an excellent selection of books on CD that I can rip to my computer and then transfer to their audio players, all free of charge.

Today I am thankful for the way this work week has panned out. I've been productive and have been able to keep up. I've needed to use the skills I am strong at and have become visible again to a lot of people.

I am thankful that I have the embroidery class Saturday as I always enjoy communal crafting.

And I am thankful to be feeling better again.

Thankful for my kids being healthy. DD was in rare form today even for her...non-stop motion and getting into everything. As she lay down snoring I am reminded if she was not healthy she wouldn't be getting into that type of mischief...so although tired I am thankful.
Thankful the storms held of so DH and the boys could go to see at least part of the patriots pre-season game tonight.
Thankful for next weeks vaca...weather looks iffy but not awful. Thankful amazon had 2 day delivery on disposable ponchos.

720F45A7-F258-4DFA-82C2-B6606CF46019.jpeg
Happy Friday!!! This photo was selected for all my kitty loving friends 💕🐈

What’s everyone’s weekend plans??

I am off from babysitting today and so far I have gotten blood drawn for my physical and now am sitting at the DNV trying to get my license renewed.

I got here before opening but was still the 25th person in line…then I finally got in here and the document verifier said my marriage license had the wrong signature on it and I needed the courthouse signed one 🫠. Back home I went and grabbed that and now I am about 50 people behind 😰

If I ever get out of here I am taking DD to work and having lunch with my MIL, which will be the highlight of my day!

Happy Friday everyone!!

Happy Friday!

We don't have a lot of plans for the weekend - I think we're staying home tonight and watching the ballgame. Tomorrow we are going to a movie and I made reservations at Maggiano's because we have a gift card we need to use. I've already looked through their online menu and picked something that should work ok for my tracking. It will be more of a maintenance day, but I can live with that.

We're going to leave early and go to Costco which is not too far from there. We've been members for awhile, but don't go into the store too often. We live about 45 minutes away and ours closes pretty early on the weekends (6:00 pm), but we have some gift cards to spend from booking a cruise with them, so we need to work on getting them spent. I've made a list and we'll for sure be getting things like our vitamins to use a little bit of it, but I'm not sure what else. I might take a cooler so we can get some cold foods, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

I also went in for a blood draw early this morning... first off, well done me for finally remembering. Afterwards I took the long way home (the hospital is literally down the street but I went thru downtown and the fancy Victorian neighborhood) and it reminded me that I haven't been out-and-about before work in a long time, because since I've cut back on dairy/sugar/grains the coffee shop and French bakery just aren't places I hang out any more. But I think next week on the days I don't have 7am meetings I will do a couple early drive-abouts and possible some early walks.

Saturday is my embroidery class, the teacher has US maps printed on fabric that we'll be embellishing... I'm planning on putting something on each state I've been to, which will take a while as I'm up to 44 I think. The County fair is this weekend and the fair grounds are here in town, so I think I'll check it out Sunday after spin class.

I've kind of sort of lost my pound for this week... I started the week at .8 and am now at .0, so almost a pound but still the same number so I surely would like to drop a bit more this weekend.

Edited to add: My lab results are back already (gotta love that) and my A1C is down from 6.2 in March to 5.7... 5.7 is the breaking point between pre-diabetic and normal. Woohoo... I'm almost normal!

Last edited:
Kids are still with the grands for the weekend, so it's full on packing/prep over here. I was getting worried that I wasn't going to be able to fit everything in our luggage, but I think it'll be ok. (Such a waste of SW's two free checked bags when you still have to worry about everything fitting into a rental car trunk!)

It's another long run Sunday, too. Thinking of bumping up to 7 miles since it'll be my last long one for a bit.

Hi Everyone. I am still here. Just been super busy. We have had horse shows, a trip to Kentucky and Gatlinburg the fairs and now soccer and marching band have started. Elizabeth opted to not play soccer this year. SHHHH this might the first year of high school that she starts without a concussion. She was just getting hurt too much and was over the drama on the team. Was going to do band until the end of July. If anyone remembers last winter/spring when everything was going on with the ex boyfriend the band director was not very supportive to her. Told the ex to stand his ground and was threating to kick her of the Disney trip. Well band camp hadn't even started and he was already laying into her. She texted to let him know that she would not be at the 2 Monday practices because she needed to work. She doesn't have a normal kid job. She is working at the barn and this is her schedule for the year. Well he wrote back and said he was disappointed in her and that was it she was done and dropped band. I don't blame her. Plus this gives her 2 evenings back in an otherwise crazy schedule of only being home on Sundays.

Nick is still doing band and soccer but soccer didn't start off great. He is a senior this year and didn't make varsity but he made captain on JV. At one point he was going to quit but he changed his mind and attitude. I am proud of him as he went to the coaches to see what he can work on and he has been putting in more effort then even before. There are 2 spots on varsity that they are holding and hopefully Nick gets one.

Other then that work has been super busy. Like more then any other summer and very stressful. By the afternoons I am just done with everything. This is the main reason I haven't been on. I need to get better at moving too. I have been pretty lazy this summer. Things should be starting to slow down and I will make sure to stop in more often.

Tomorrow during the day is packing. Then DH and I are headed to the cape to see one of my favorite comics. Since we will be out of town next week we're driving home after so it will be a late night but worth it.
DD is getting into everything the last couple days. She really needs to be back in school and have a routine again. Hopefully all the walking around the parks will tire her out and she won't be clawing the walls of the hotel.

After dinner tonight we'll be heading to my parents' place. We haven't been since June and they say they don't have any work for us to do. I find that hard to believe! I think they're just worried because it's supposed to start getting super hot around here. Tomorrow should be fine, though. We'll see what they need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter