August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

21/30

Embroidery class was lovely. The teacher seemed very familiar to me and mid-class I finally asked him if he had been on the TV show 'Making It' and he said yes, season one. Why someone on a TV show broadcast five years ago seems "familiar" is a mystery, but there you have it. I came home and sorted my box of embroidery thread into sandwich sized baggies by color, as he mentioned he does, and I'm very happy about this. I think I'm going to sort my knitting needles into quart sized baggies, as I've just never found a good way to store them (I only use circulars, so they should fit nicely).

Spin class is canceled for tomorrow and there are no classes scheduled during the week... I don't know how I'm ever going to get in shape doing it so infrequently, so I just ordered myself a bike for home. I know it is highly likely that it'll end up sitting in the corner unused, but want to at least give it a try.

My new dress came and it does fit around, but the bodice is a bit long so I think I'll need to get it altered. I want to wait until I've lost more weight before doing that so it won't be going to WDW with me, but definitely to Morocco.

I just ordered myself a bike for home. I know it is highly likely that it'll end up sitting in the corner unused, but want to at least give it a try.
I ordered my treadmill during the pandemic because we just weren't active enough under the circumstances. I used it a lot then, and I planned on using it a lot over the summer. The reality is that I would rather do almost anything else because I find it boring even when watching something very engaging on tv. I prefer swimming or walking out in public, however, in bad weather the treadmill is our only option, so I'm grateful that we have it.
The same may be for your new bike, but you will have something when you don't have any other options, and that's a good thing.

P.S. It's sooooo annoying when you are relying on classes that aren't necessarily reliable...

I ordered my treadmill during the pandemic because we just weren't active enough under the circumstances. I used it a lot then, and I planned on using it a lot over the summer. The reality is that I would rather do almost anything else because I find it boring even when watching something very engaging on tv. I prefer swimming or walking out in public, however, in bad weather the treadmill is our only option, so I'm grateful that we have it.
The same may be for your new bike, but you will have something when you don't have any other options, and that's a good thing.

P.S. It's sooooo annoying when you are relying on classes that aren't necessarily reliable...
Yes, I was happy I had found something I liked and that fit my schedule but it just hasn't panned out yet. With the bike at home I should be able tog et some conditioning in

Self-care today... I'm feeling totally sunned out so I'm planning on staying out of the sun as much as possible.

So far I've been to breakfast, done a drop off at GW and some straightening in the kitchen and back porch. Next I'm headed to the fancy grocery store in the next town and will think carefully about food for next week while I drive there. After that I'll sit in the shade in the back yard and work on my embroidery for a while. Generally chill and take a slow day.

I'm finally taking some slow time for myself right now. DH had a whirlwind of stuff going on earlier, and between getting pulled in to that, getting DS off to work, and taking the cats out, I feel like I've been on everyone's schedule but my own today. :tongue:

I'm having a cup of coffee and watching TV for a bit.

Happy Sunday! Does anyone have any self care planned for today?

Normally it's Sunday Runday here but I did my 7 miles yesterday because my running buddy needed to move it.

Did some yoga today and trying to hunker down and finish photo books from our big August and November 2022 vacations before we fly on Thursday. I love having the memories when we're done but hate making them in the moment! I just find it so tedious trying to go through thousands of pictures (yup, not hundreds, thousands, I looked at the folder size) to figure out which ones have the best version of smiles, looking at the camera, light, framing, etc.

I decided, since packing is as done as it can be until the kids get home from the shore, that I should prioritize these so that I don't end up with a 3rd big vacation in line for the photobook treatment.

We went to our old home church again this week which was once again very nice. The new pastor started around the same time as us, and he is meeting with each family to get to know them. I assumed that he would want to sit down with us at some point, but it's too soon, and not a great time for me. I plan on joining again at some point, but I'm in no hurry. I would like to take this process slowly and make sure that I feel the same way I do now over a period of months. I think would feel comfortable joining next fall 2024. By then, we should be sure.

So after coffee hour, I was getting my keys out of my bag, and the pastor came up to me asking when we could meet. Ugh...nope. Once we have a sit-down, he will be pushing for a commitment. I'm not ready for that. I need to do this on my terms. So, I explained that I'm a teacher and the next two months are the busiest of my entire year. He accepted that for now, but I know that he will be pursuing us which is probably my least favorite part of church membership. Hopefully he lets us be for now.

After laundry and groceries, we all enjoyed the pool for a couple hours.

...trying to hunker down and finish photo books from our big August and November 2022 vacations before we fly on Thursday. I love having the memories when we're done but hate making them in the moment! I just find it so tedious trying to go through thousands of pictures...
I actually used to love scrapbooking - for the creativity as well as the memories. But somewhere along the line, like you said, it just got overwhelming. I think I need to find a way to make it a habit again.

It's been a kind of rainy day here. After church, we went to the local Mexican restaurant with my mom and my sister's family. After lunch we went to my mom's house and got out old 8mm videos. She is wanting to get them converted to digital, but we thought we should try to see if there's anything actually on them.

We had a lot of fun after we got the old projector working. We watched Christmas memories from close to 50 years ago. I'm checking into the best way to get them converted. They are somewhat tedious to get loaded into the projector and I think my mom would really enjoy watching them every now and then. Anyway, it was a fun afternoon.

Tonight we're going over to my MIL's and we're actually eating out with DH's family tonight too. We usually eat at her house, so it will be a nice change of pace (mostly for her because she won't have to host all of us lol)!

Did some work for my parents but not too much. Mostly I read my book, which was a lovely thing to do. On our way home we stopped at a mall and bought some clothes for my mother in law. Got her a whole new outfit and some new PJs. I think DH will visit her tomorrow and give them then.

We had triple digits today and it's going to continue for several more days. The school district sent a message that they were reviewing heat policies and to be alert for changes. About an hour later my principal texted to say we're working in the building until 1:00 and then working from home. That will be sooooo nice. Work does not have AC and one room in my house does. DH said we may have to set up our blow up mattress out there! We'll see how we sleep tonight.

My Monday work day started at 4am this morning, because I hadn't heard back from the engineers working from Ukraine about an issue that came up late Friday and had to get up and ping them again. At 7am the engineers in South America start a major deployment, fingers and toes are crossed that everything goes well. Combo of the two is a stressful way to start the week.

My motivation for this week is to do whatever it takes to not melt (summer has decided she isn't done with us and the temps have gotten quite toasty), and to make this a successful work week.

OMG...so much!

This is my last week before school starts, so I have appointments and some stupid bits of minutiae to handle this week. I want to do some organizing and last minute home projects.

Today is my last pool day with friends...sort of. I invited two of my three kindergarten team members that I will be guiding through this new school year for lunch and a hopefully relaxing pool day. I want to set a tone of collaboration, teamwork, and friendship for the school year. We will need to help each other as much as possible, because it's looking as if we won't have the same supports as last year. We have a new kindergarten teacher starting, but we weren't provided her contact information including her name lol. Today would have been a great day for her to get to know the team. Oh well...it is what it is.

I have a feeling that I will be reciting The Serenity Prayer a lot this year...

I weighed in this morning, and I'm up a pound. I saw that as a wake up call, and rather than making things worse this week, I'm back to logging my food. It's time to take back control and start making more progress with my weight loss.

Happy Monday!

This Monday I am being motivated by my blood work results. It was not good news, unfortunately, I am pre dieabetic.

I was shocked and felt pretty defeated. I have been trying so hard for years-tracking, weighing and measuring my food and working out consistently, but genetics got the best of me.

Genetically speaking I knew this was coming, but I was hoping I could make it into my 50s before this hit but here I am at 39, so all I can do is make changes.

Looking back, I have been a little off the rails this summer. I have made excuses, had too many “carefree meals”, desserts, drinks….and allowed my eating to get a little out of hand.

I knew I needed to do better and this may be the boost I needed. I got the news Friday and have been making changes over the past few days and I hope when I go in for my counseling that that will be impressed with the changes I have made already.

So big modivation Monday for me!!

Good luck with the deployment @Oneanne even the best and easiest ones are stressful!
Motivation is time to unwind. Mini vaca number 2 with lots of walking. Going to try to eat more mindfully as I have been munching way too much over the last week or so. I know it will be exhausting but making memories with the kids is worth it. And I took next Monday off so can use that as chill time.
Told DH that we need to get our packing game down before next summer. As the kids are getting bigger and their clothes take up more space in the suitcases we need to be smart and organized. This go around we have been anything but.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter