August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

Whoooohoooing today that the scale is going down, slowly but surely and this will help to get me where I need to be health wise!

Big whoooohoooo that I got to see 2 of my 3 kids today-even if one of them was just for a few minutes, my daughter in law and a good friend of DS1 & 2-it’s so nice that my adult kids and their friends still come by to visit me, even if just for a minute it means a a lot.

Happy Wednesday friends!

Wahoo that newest daughter in law was super super excited to get her name officially changed yesterday. She is so happy all the paperwork is done!

Wahoo that DS1, who is working in San Diego for the next three months, got to see his wife. She came down for a long weekend and they had tons of fun site-seeing.

Wahoo we will not be triple digits tomorrow! My co-worker and I took an afternoon break and raided a freezer for some popsicles left over from the end of school. Amazing how much better we both felt after doing that!

I am so so thankful that temps are dropping starting with today's forecast high of a blissful 72 degrees. And I'm thankful that we have a very large Safeway with very nice air-conditioning. I spent quite a bit of time there yesterday evening.

I am thankful my pap smear test came back normal. And I'm thankful for my new in-network western medicine doctor and the healthcare system here.

I'm back after a couple of days away at the State Fair.

I'm thankful that we had a great couple of days. It was great spending time with DH's two sisters and their DHs. We don't do that often enough. We had great weather - first day high was around 72 and yesterday it was around 85. It was warm yesterday, but way lower than what we normally expect during the state fair week in Illinois!

I wasn't feeling the best last night when we got home and I truly think it was because I had too many fresh squeezed lemonades. I bought a reusable drink that came with 4 free refills and used 3 of the refills over the two days. I don't think I'm used to that much sugar and last night I just felt like going to bed! I feel much better today, but I learned my lesson that I need to lighten up on the sugar drinks!

I feel much better today, but I learned my lesson that I need to lighten up on the sugar drinks!
My mom gets them without sugar. She actually likes it that way but I am sure the sugar helps with the tartness.

I am thankful that I have been having self control and not going out to eat. This is a big thing lately. We needed to learn to cook even though the kids were not home. This was our issue. With their schedules they are not ever home at the same time for dinner so we just ate out. Now we are cooking and if they are not home they can heat it up. This will also help with me losing weight.

I'm thankful for Amazon delivering last minute school supplies to my door. Since I can't get into the building until teachers officially start on Monday, I figured I'd better get my name tags done. I use breakaway lanyards with the plastic i.d. cards because the sticky name tags are only good for one day, if that, since they fall off. These name tags will last all year for field trips etc... Problem is that my name tag supplies are locked up in my classroom, so I bought all new stuff from Amazon in order to accomplish something. By now, I normally would have started working in my room, so I'm going stir crazy. I already wrote up and laminated the dismissal cards (with student name/my name/room #) for parents to hold up at dismissal so that we know each child is going home with the correct person. You would be surprised how many families have protective orders. Plus, it takes us weeks to get to know who's who, and I feel safer doing it this way.

I'm thankful for my health, my family, my friends, my home.

I'm thankful that I'm back at church.

I'm thankful that I had a truly great summer.

Thankful it wasn't 100 today! Almost, but not quite. Tomorrow will only be in the mid 80's. I was joking we were all going to be freezing!

I'm thankful for a comment another office manager sent me privately. Apparently my public comment on Teams had her and other co-workers laughing until they cried. Her email was a bright spot in my day.

Thankful poor DH had to babysit this afternoon and evening and I had the house to myself for a few hours! It was lovely.

FRIDAY FREE FOR ALL

How has the week been for you? And it's mid-month so how are you tracking towards your August goals?

The week has been a little weird - alternating between really productive and really...not, but I'm getting there.

For goals:
- up my usual treadmill time by 5 minutes twice a week ✅
- research and try out two new healthy recipes ✅ (1 so far, but that's on pace)
- drink at least 8 ounces of water before I pour a second cup of coffee! ☹️ - haven't managed to make that one stick yet

Happily, I dropped the pound I gained recently. I'm back to my summer maintenance weight. On Monday, my crazy schedule begins leaving me no free time which will be hard on my mental health, but it will be great for my weight loss. I've gotten really good at eating the healthy food I bring to school and avoiding all of the unhealthy tables of food laid out for us by administration. I just found out that kindergarten will have a different lunch wave than 1st and 2nd grade, so I won't have to endure the feasts they make and the way they take over the teachers' lounge leaving no seating for anyone else. It's a tiny room that just can't accommodate 3 grade levels of teachers and student teachers. I will be able to sit with my kindergarten team in the teachers' lounge and relax for the first time in years.

I'm also not tempted by all of the coffee cakes and cookies at coffee hour following church. I just have water and chat with old friends.

I'm very selective of the foods and circumstances that I will run amok with...usually an expensive meal at an upscale restaurant or fluffy pancakes and crispy bacon from a diner. I don't crave fast food anymore except for Asian cuisine. I already know that fast food will make me sick, and it's just not worth it. If I stress-eat, I do so in the comfort of my own home with the healthy food I keep in the house. The worst thing I might put in my mouth would be white bread or rolls with butter.

I guess I've grown...

Last edited:
Happy Friday!

I don't have much planned for the weekend - tomorrow we're going to go see Blue Beetle - honestly it looks not so great to me, but Dh wants to see it and there isn't anything more appealing, so I guess I'll suffer through it lol

Thanks for pointing out it's the half way mark, I really need to step up because I haven't been doing well this month.

My goals I posted at the beginning of the month:

Lose 5 pounds by making good food choices and more steps in.
Track everyday - even if it's not perfect
Get at least 7,500 steps every day

I'm also going to research goal tracking apps. I'd like to find something to track some other daily goals. Things like that are motivating to me.

So far, I've lost 1 pound and haven't tracked many days :o - I also haven't been getting my steps in other than the days we were at the State Fair. I also haven't settled on a goal tracking app, but I did find one that I like to plan / record our dinners. I'm in such a rut with dinner and I found an app to at least record what we had each night. I'm hoping over time, I can just look back through it and find something that sounds good. We'll see...

So - this is my kick in the pants to ramp it up and finish the month strong!!

Hey wish-fam! Got home from the mini-vaca this afternoon. It wasn't disney crazy but it was busy! 3 park days...2 of them we did all day which was great for getting 3 kids to sleep through the night in a hotel! DD was so cute she was all about highfives for the "characters" at the parks, she was super excited to see Tinkerbelle and Cinderella...which was a surprise since I didn't think she knew who Cinderella was. Cinderella took a little extra time with her and let DD touch her crown...was someone cutting onions in the castle?
As with all vacations eating choices were, limited, to put it best. The parks have like all typical park food and back at the hotel we were limited by the kids pallets. But I did a steak with veggies one night and grilled chicken with veggies another...last night was a kids burger and salad so not awful. But I slacked on water and boy can I feel it today.
Got to get back into really paying attention. While clothes still fit and I did not get all winded or overtired while walking the parks there is an on-ride photo from a roller coaster and selfie with DD that made me question the number of chins I possess. So motivation now becomes looking cuter in next years wdw pics. Vain? Yeah a smidge. But whatever gets the job done eh?

The heat this week has really thrown me off course with my exercise routine and on top of that I've been transitioning to eating Keto style, so food has also been all over the place.

Keto came up as good to do for the neuropathy in my feet and I thought I was pretty close to Keto anyway so it would be easy, but man-o-man... it actually changes just about everything. I started Wednesday with increasing fats and was way high in calories and off in percentages. Yesterday I hit the percentages and kept calories in line, so pleased about that, but I feel like all I ate all day was cheese, after being primarily dairy free. So far my digestion is OK with the change but my face looks puffy and I have big bags under my eyes. Going to stick with it and see how it goes, but I'm concerned about the transition to vacation eating, because it seems like it is going to be hard to maintain at WDW.

As for my August goals... I lost a pound then put it back on Wednesday, so net zero there. Haven't been able to get going with Spin because of no classes, my bike comes early next week so I haven't even had that to work with. Step count was really good then this week dropped off, so have to get going there.

Plans for the weekend... lots of walking. Saturday there's a street fair up by the farmer's market, so I'll check that out, then I'll finally have a spin class Sunday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter