August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

Today I officially hit the two week countdown to my WDW trip. It seems like it has come up really quickly but at the same time I do feel like I've had enough time since my cruise in June to be ready for another vacation. In addition to binge watching 'Escape to the Country' I've been cycling thru all the Mammoth Club YouTube videos and last night I was thinking how being able to change up my routine and see/do different things is so enriching. I am getting in to the mood for sure.

When I woke up this morning my body felt completely different, lighter and thinner, which is a surprise considering I've been losing weight since last year. I was hopeful that going keto and low carb would help with losing belly weight and that is definitely happening. And I'm benefiting from the initial weight loss boost that happens when you first start the program, as I've now lost the four pounds I had planned for this month. Overall I'd say my body is happy with the change, despite the tummy upsets.

So my motivation for this week is eyes on the prize... WDW!

That's so exciting for your WDW trip! It's so close!! Sounds like your weight loss is going so great - such an inspiration!!

My motivation this week is to finish out the month strong! I FINALLY started walking. I know I need to get in more steps and I finally started this past weekend. It does feel so good - even though it was super hot this weekend, I'm glad I did it. Now that I'm in my 50's, I really need to accept the fact that I need to be nicer to my body.

Happy Monday!!

@Summer2018 this year is going to be great-you are a fantastic teacher and the kiddos are blessed to have you in their lives!

@Oneanne congrats on the weight loss-so proud of you!

@TheOneWithTheTriplets I cannot believe you all are stuck in a hurricane in CA!! Hoping things clear up soon!!

My motivation today is to… get through today!!! DD went with her youth group to a Phil Whickham&Brandon Lake concert last night and the buses didn’t get back to church until 1245am…it was 1am when DD and I got home…I am too old for this!

Our puppy had a spay appointment today at a clinic in Philadelphia, because getting a appointment for a spay/neuter anywhere in our area is scheduling out until 2024 and I simply could not wait that long.

So DD, our dog and I hit the road at 7am, dropped the dog off after a brief breakfast/gas stop and spent the day in the Philadelphia area shopping and now we are waiting in pickup for the dog.

Not the best day to be running on 4 hours of sleep but we made the best of it!

Looking forward to bedtime tonight!

Happy Monday!!

@Summer2018 this year is going to be great-you are a fantastic teacher and the kiddos are blessed to have you in their lives!

@Oneanne congrats on the weight loss-so proud of you!

@TheOneWithTheTriplets I cannot believe you all are stuck in a hurricane in CA!! Hoping things clear up soon!!

My motivation today is to… get through today!!! DD went with her youth group to a Phil Whickham&Brandon Lake concert last night and the buses didn’t get back to church until 1245am…it was 1am when DD and I got home…I am too old for this!

Our puppy had a spay appointment today at a clinic in Philadelphia, because getting a appointment for a spay/neuter anywhere in our area is scheduling out until 2024 and I simply could not wait that long.

So DD, our dog and I hit the road at 7am, dropped the dog off after a brief breakfast/gas stop and spent the day in the Philadelphia area shopping and now we are waiting in pickup for the dog.

Not the best day to be running on 4 hours of sleep but we made the best of it!

Looking forward to bedtime tonight!
That does sound like a tiring day! I'm sure you'll sleep well!!

Had a lovely, relaxing weekend. Weight stayed the same this week, so I'm calling that a win!

Bought a 500 piece puzzle to take with us to Seattle next weekend. It'll be a fun, mellow thing to do when I/anyone else need it. There's a bunch of us, so I know it'll be done super quick.

DS1 is temporarily working in San Diego, but he flew home for the weekend. Said all the rain didn't affect him except for bumpy flights and a few trees blocking the roads. Glad to hear, but many others weren't so lucky!

Up until a week ago I would have said bananas were at the top of the list, because they were my go-to for breakfast. But since going keto, string cheese would have to be at the top, And truth be told I don't really love either, it is just the convivence factor. With so few choices I really need to find some things to eat that make me happy.

I read some posts on keto and low carb eating at WDW yesterday and I'm going to change up a couple of my TS reservations. I don't think Garden Grill is a good choice as I would have to not have so many of the things offered, but at Teppan Edo I can just not have the noodles or the rice, so that's a better fit. Generally
buffets are a good choice because you can choose what you want, but I need to look at the Biergarten menu again because I remember it being heavy on potatoes. I'm determined to figure it out and have good things to eat.

Topic Tuesday-my go to food are-Ole low carb wraps, eggs, chicken breast (prepared 392 different ways 😂), high protein yogurt, cottage cheese with blue berries, string cheese, turkey pepperoni, and Lilys milk chocolate chips if I am craving chocolate…

Today is a great day considering I went to bed at 830pm 🤣 sleep does amazing things lol.

Our dog is doing great after her spay…too well actually! I am struggling to keep her from running/playing/climbing stairs and furniture…I kept her leashed to my leg today 😬

@Oneanne I have a friend who has been Keto for 5 years to control her PCOS, do you have ALDIs where you live? I know she gets a ton of keto foods at Aldi’s!

Topic Tuesday-my go to food are-Ole low carb wraps, eggs, chicken breast (prepared 392 different ways 😂), high protein yogurt, cottage cheese with blue berries, string cheese, turkey pepperoni, and Lilys milk chocolate chips if I am craving chocolate…

Today is a great day considering I went to bed at 830pm 🤣 sleep does amazing things lol.

Our dog is doing great after her spay…too well actually! I am struggling to keep her from running/playing/climbing stairs and furniture…I kept her leashed to my leg today 😬

@Oneanne I have a friend who has been Keto for 5 years to control her PCOS, do you have ALDIs where you live? I know she gets a ton of keto foods at Aldi’s!
Sadly no Aldis. And I totally read your first sentence as "my go to food are-Oreo low carb wraps" and I was thinking, really, that's a thing?

Up until a week ago I would have said bananas were at the top of the list, because they were my go-to for breakfast. But since going keto, string cheese would have to be at the top, And truth be told I don't really love either, it is just the convivence factor. With so few choices I really need to find some things to eat that make me happy.

I read some posts on keto and low carb eating at WDW yesterday and I'm going to change up a couple of my TS reservations. I don't think Garden Grill is a good choice as I would have to not have so many of the things offered, but at Teppan Edo I can just not have the noodles or the rice, so that's a better fit. Generally
buffets are a good choice because you can choose what you want, but I need to look at the Biergarten menu again because I remember it being heavy on potatoes. I'm determined to figure it out and have good things to eat.

Such a good idea to research your choices before you get there!

Eggs, Dave’s Killer Good Seed bread and Dave’s Killer raisin bread.

Eggs are definitely one of mine too - I've never tried the Dave's killer breads. I'll have to see if we have those near us. I hope your back to school days have gone good!

So glad your dog is doing so good!

Some of my go to foods:

Eggs - I usually bake some eggs in muffin cups at the beginning of the week that have a little bacon bits and cheese in them. I can just pop in the microwave each morning for a pretty filling breakfast.

Cottage cheese
Slim Jims
Buddig ham (or other lunch meat, it's just easy in the 2 oz portioned packages)
Steamed broccoli - I get the frozen that you can just steam in the bag and put a little popcorn salt on it
chicken
yogurt

Woohoo... I had my reflexology appointment yesterday, during it I could feel that my feet felt different and she commented afterwards that more stuff was moving around this week. I'll have to chalk that up to the keto. And I felt clear and happy after the session, which is something new.

I also mentioned to her that I hadn't been able to get to intermittent fasting yet and she said she follows Dr Mindy Pelz, who has a YouTube channel and has written a book called "Fast Like a Girl" and recommended her because fasting is different for women. Last night I watched two videos and wholly cow... I learned so much about how the body works that my head is spinning. I'll watch a couple more today and did order the book which should arrive today.

First off, I need to break the calorie counting habit. I was already feeling overly obsessive about it and it isn't part of keto, but after listening to her I for sure need to stop now. I'm starting intermittent fasting today, I want to get a week of 20/4 in before vacation, but need to ease in to it. I have been eating breakfast around 8am, so today I want to make it to some time after 9am and then stop eating by 4pm. If I can do that for a couple days that will be a big success in and of itself. Once my body (and mind) adjusts, I think it will be very easy to do at least 16/8 while at WDW. Most of my ADRs are currently midday anyway, the one exception is 5p dinner at Flying Fish and I'm going to keep that because she says it is important, for women in particular, to change up what they are doing. Fasting will keep me in ketosis, so a little more carb intake isn't going to be a concern.

What is a woohoo-y concern is that now only two pair of my summer pants fit, the rest are really looking sloppy. I've got one pair that I'm not wearing yet because they are too tight around the waist, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to wear them by the trip, if not I guess I'll be wearing linen dresses all week.

Dave's killer breads
DH and I like those too!

My go-to snacks are usually cheese or nuts, combined with a little bit of whatever else I want. It's including protein that's the key for me in being able to keep the other portions under control. I love all kinds of both, so everything from cottage cheese to smoked gouda, and almonds to pistachios to walnuts.

Wednesday WooHoo - little projects done and checked off!

Woohoo... I had my reflexology appointment yesterday, during it I could feel that my feet felt different and she commented afterwards that more stuff was moving around this week. I'll have to chalk that up to the keto. And I felt clear and happy after the session, which is something new.

I also mentioned to her that I hadn't been able to get to intermittent fasting yet and she said she follows Dr Mindy Pelz, who has a YouTube channel and has written a book called "Fast Like a Girl" and recommended her because fasting is different for women. Last night I watched two videos and wholly cow... I learned so much about how the body works that my head is spinning. I'll watch a couple more today and did order the book which should arrive today.

First off, I need to break the calorie counting habit. I was already feeling overly obsessive about it and it isn't part of keto, but after listening to her I for sure need to stop now. I'm starting intermittent fasting today, I want to get a week of 20/4 in before vacation, but need to ease in to it. I have been eating breakfast around 8am, so today I want to make it to some time after 9am and then stop eating by 4pm. If I can do that for a couple days that will be a big success in and of itself. Once my body (and mind) adjusts, I think it will be very easy to do at least 16/8 while at WDW. Most of my ADRs are currently midday anyway, the one exception is 5p dinner at Flying Fish and I'm going to keep that because she says it is important, for women in particular, to change up what they are doing. Fasting will keep me in ketosis, so a little more carb intake isn't going to be a concern.

What is a woohoo-y concern is that now only two pair of my summer pants fit, the rest are really looking sloppy. I've got one pair that I'm not wearing yet because they are too tight around the waist, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to wear them by the trip, if not I guess I'll be wearing linen dresses all week.

That's great! My DH has done intermittent fasting before and really did well with it. Sounds like you have a great plan!

DH and I like those too!

My go-to snacks are usually cheese or nuts, combined with a little bit of whatever else I want. It's including protein that's the key for me in being able to keep the other portions under control. I love all kinds of both, so everything from cottage cheese to smoked gouda, and almonds to pistachios to walnuts.

Wednesday WooHoo - little projects done and checked off!

I love being able to check projects off of a list! I tend to break bigger projects up into little bits because it helps me to feel accomplished!

WOO HOO! The most demanding workshops are over. It’s just multiple meetings now and hopefully some time to work in the classroom.

I am very behind on preparing my classroom. I woke up at 3:00am and couldn’t go back to sleep so I got up and started working. I wasn’t allowed in the school until 7:00am and I, along with several other teachers were kicked out at 4:30pm. I’m pooped!

WOO HOO! The anxiety has gone down since Sunday when I was losing my mind. Unfortunately it will probably creep up again this weekend before the kindergarteners arrive, but I feel better about things in general.

Today I am thankful for the people in my life, and that there has been a steady stream of the right people at the right time. I am also thankful that I have such easy access to information and I am thankful for the wisdom I've gained over the years in sorting thru said information and discerning what is right for me.

And I am thankful for the way all the changes at work have landed. As challenging as it has been things have worked out very well for me and I am in a totally different place now than I was jut just a month ago.

And I am thankful I'm going to have an extra long lunch today, as I'll be going for some blueberry picking with my Niece.

I'm thankful that I did NOT hit a deer last night driving home from watching the twins!

I was on the exit ramp off the highway, and saw it cross the road waaaay too close for comfort. I was super glad I was going slow and nobody was behind me.

There was someone coming up the on ramp on the other side who also slowed way down. - I don't know if they saw the deer too or saw me slow down and wondered why. But the deer made it all the way across.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter