August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

Today I'm thankful for people who promote and support community restaurants and businesses. Today was our monthly board meeting and we took the board out for lunch after. We went to a locally owned restaurant and I'm thankful for people like the owner who put their money and hard work into bringing nice places to small towns like where I live.

We are the size town where we can support a few fast food chains, but really not enough to support chain sit down restaurants. Thankfully, there are people who step up to provide them.

Whooooohooo DD got some art classes she really was hoping to get and she is looking forward to classes starting next week. This is her 4th year of cyber school and I have nothing but positive feedback for the program she is in. So happy she found a “way of school” that works for her.

Thankful that our dog is healing so well from her spay! We started short walks today and she is doing very well!

Almost the weekend! 🎉

Plans for the weekend... well halleluiah I'm getting haircut tomorrow! I'm growing my hair out and in two cuts it is 3/4 of the way over the ears, woohoo, but the back has been bothering me because I have a sensory thing about feeling hair on my neck. I'm going to have her shave and undercut the back so that it doesn't fill in so much between cuts.

I fly next Saturday, so this weekend I'll get serious about doing my pre-trip house cleaning. I watched a bunch of the intermittent fasting videos last night and have a clearer idea of what to eat, so I think I'll go to the fancy grocery store at some point... altho I could just get a couple nice king salmon filets at the Farmer's Market.

This is day three of fasting. I am more hungry this morning that I was yesterday but I didn't get enough calories yesterday so I'm not surprised by this. I cooked some salon last night so that it is ready to eat for lunch, so today should be better,

We have our company summer outing tomorrow. We are going to Top Golf, so I'm looking forward to that. I've never been and I hear great things about it. We're meeting at the main office and then taking a couple of busses there and back. It's about 45 minutes away, so this way no one has to drive too far. I'm a little iffy as to whether I'd rather just drive, but I'm sure the ride will be fine too. Luckily the weather is supposed to be nice - it's been so hot here lately, so glad for a high around 85-86 tomorrow (it's been hitting 100 the last few days).

I’m thankful for my remaining administration, one who instead of retiring as planned, chose to take over as head principal for at least three more years and the AP who turned down a job offer from the same superintendent because he didn’t want to dessert us after our principal resigned.

I am thankful that I finally finished setting up my classroom after a very looooooong week with limited opportunities to prepare.

P.S. I started writing this on Thursday and didn’t finish it and post it until Friday at 5:17pm. Lol.

Popping in to say Hi while the rest of the crew is still sleeping. We did our first park day yesterday in Disneyland and today we'll check out DCA. That's my woohoo, thankful, and free for all Friday all wrapped up in one!

View attachment 787901
This is the best picture 😍 your girls are so big and adorable!!!!! Are they identical? I can’t remember!

I'm all cleaned up and ready for my haircut in a couple hours. After that I'm taking myself out to the lunch I didn't take myself out to last weekend. Then I'm driving to the nearby town with "modern" shopping to search Home Goods for the perfect basket for the amazing embroidery yarns I've been collecting. I discovered there's Joann's in the same area and will stop in there as well to find fabric to embroider on.

I sorted thru clothing yesterday and have six bags of things to go to GW because they are too big, including most of the coats I bought last year. My other sorting and organizing task for this weekend is going to be to go thru books, because they are tucked away all over the house. I plan on finding the Little Libraries around town and dropping things off. Even after all the clearing I did to move I feel like I'm drowning in stuff and need to get it out of here.. and to stop buying new stuff... except for the specific basket and fabric I'm looking for for my embroidery threads... at least having sorted thru my crafting stuff I know I don't already have either.

1693066149358.png

Sorry for the late post - I meant to post last night before I went to bed because I knew I wouldn't be able to get on until late morning - and then I forgot to do that!

Anyway, since summer is on its last leg, I found this little bucket list - did anyone do anything from this list this summer. I know we've had some great summer stories in this group! Anyone able to get another one in?

:sunny:Summer Bucket List:

Outdoor Movie Night...Barbie Movie at the Wellfleet Drive-in
Cook Out...too many to count
Swimming...daily
Stargazing
Road Trip/Family Vacation...to Cape Cod in June and July
Beach Days...on the Cape
Read Books...many many books were read
Eat Ice Cream...often
Outdoor Concert...DD saw Taylor Swift
Make S'mores...often
Watch Fireworks...on the 4th of July
Catch Fireflies...just watched them

We did a few too -

Had a cookout
Had a beach day
Went on a hike
Went to a baseball game
Went swimming
Went on a road trip
Read a book
Went to the state fair
Watch fireworks
Ate ice cream

It's funny that fireflies are on the list - we were just talking last week about how we don't see many fireflies around like we used to. I looked into it and it is definitely a thing that in the Midwest, the population of fireflies has definitely decreased. Not that I haven't seen any, just not like they used to be around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter