August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

Ps if we end up at another port on Wednesday they will get us back to mco at not cost to us

The problem with that is that I am renting a car from Port Canaveral. I hope the rental company (Budget) will be accommodating in such a scenario. However, it seems like most forecasts have the storm either well north and/or west of Port Canaveral by Wednesday.

We're flying down tomorrow as well. Safe travels everyone.

The problem with that is that I am renting a car from Port Canaveral. I hope the rental company (Budget) will be accommodating in such a scenario. However, it seems like most forecasts have the storm either well north and/or west of Port Canaveral by Wednesday.

We're flying down tomorrow as well. Safe travels everyone.

Safe travels to all our fellow Disney cruisers, see you all Friday 3pm in tge vista cafe inboard the Disney dream

Hi everyone, we safely arrived in Orlando yesterday, after waking up at 4am, flying out of Heathrow, London at 8am, we arrived at Washington Dulles after a 8hr flight.
After a 1hr delay we continued our journey to Orlando with a 2nd flight and landed at 3.30pm USA time. It's wet and windy here but that won't stop us enjoying ourselves, we are on vacation!

We are very much looking forward to this cruise, our first ever! Even though my DS 12 is panicking about storm Issac. We are used to rain and wind living in Great Britain, I think the word storm or hurricane just makes him nervous. I am reassuring him by reading him all of your comments, they are much appreciated.

We are flexible in our schedule and whilst we may not get to our planned port of calls, I have no doubt we will have a fantastic time whatever the weather.

I tell my DD21, Should our itinery change, we will just have to plan and book another cruise to visit our missed ports another time, bonus!

Look forward to meeting you all at 3pm on friday onboard at the vista cafe.
Safe travels to everyone xx

It's awesome to hear that everyone is arriving. We have been in Naples Florida this week enjoying some beach time. It is beautiful here!! We are driving up to Cocoa Beach later today. Woo Hoo!! :cool1:

Hope that we find great weather on our trip. I have full confidence in our captain and crew, this will be the best cruise EVAH!!!!

See you tomorrow at 3 pm.... or sooner if you come to say hi to us in our Mickey Tie Dye Tshirts at the Port!

DCL is mentioned in an article on weather.com about the storm:

"Cruise lines are closely monitoring the storm. However, Rebecca Peddie, manager of public affairs Disney Cruise Line, told The Weather Channel that none of the company's ships have altered their course just yet.

"At this time, we have not made any modification to the itineraries for our three ships ... sailing in the Caribbean this week," said Peddie. "The safety of our guests and crew is our first priority at Disney Cruise Line, and we continually monitor any storm's progress very closely.""

Yes, no doubt... But I'll be booking for April! Lol...
I know you are going to get some beautiful pictures on CC this time!!!
It's awesome to hear that everyone is arriving. We have been in Naples Florida this week enjoying some beach time. It is beautiful here!! We are driving up to Cocoa Beach later today. Woo Hoo!! :cool1:

Hope that we find great weather on our trip. I have full confidence in our captain and crew, this will be the best cruise EVAH!!!!

See you tomorrow at 3 pm.... or sooner if you come to say hi to us in our Mickey Tie Dye Tshirts at the Port!
See ya then . We will also have our tie dyed T-shirts on. Ours are red white and blue!!
Hi everyone, we safely arrived in Orlando yesterday, after waking up at 4am, flying out of Heathrow, London at 8am, we arrived at Washington Dulles after a 8hr flight.
After a 1hr delay we continued our journey to Orlando with a 2nd flight and landed at 3.30pm USA time. It's wet and windy here but that won't stop us enjoying ourselves, we are on vacation!

We are very much looking forward to this cruise, our first ever! Even though my DS 12 is panicking about storm Issac. We are used to rain and wind living in Great Britain, I think the word storm or hurricane just makes him nervous. I am reassuring him by reading him all of your comments, they are much appreciated.

We are flexible in our schedule and whilst we may not get to our planned port of calls, I have no doubt we will have a fantastic time whatever the weather.

I tell my DD21, Should our itinery change, we will just have to plan and book another cruise to visit our missed ports another time, bonus!

Look forward to meeting you all at 3pm on friday onboard at the vista cafe.
Safe travels to everyone xx
Tell you Ds not to worry too much. Living in Florida for almost 10 years I have come to realize that most storms they forecast for us change direction!! This one MUST do the same and head over to the Gulf!!!
See you TOMORROW!!!

Cabin Crawl update

With Isaac making a beeline to southern Florida and possibly the Bahamas, we may be in for another itinerary change. In that event, the Cabin Crawl will occur on the 1st Sea Day (whatever day that may be). Please keep this in mind should things change on the fly for our cruise!

Disney Dream Cabin Crawl (When? Sunday 8/26 (or whatever ends up being the 1st Sea Day), Time 3:00 PM, Starting Location Deck 2 Stateroom 2014)

Deck 2
Start at Stateroom 2014 Port (from Forward stairs/elevators)
krazy4cruising - Stateroom 2014 (Port Midship) - Deluxe Oceanview, Category 9B
Continue down Portside hallway towards the aft to:
Sporty - Stateroom 2021 (Port Midship)- Standard Interior, Category 11C
Take Midship Stairs/Elevators to Deck 6 Port

Deck 6
Michelle9343 - Stateroom 6090 (Port Midship) - Accessible Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah, Category 04D
Preds - Stateroom 6132 (Port Midship) - Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah, Category 04D
minnie mad mum - Stateroom 6184 (Port Aft)- Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah, Category 06B
Crossover to Starboard side at either Aft or Midship stairs/elevators to:
StLucieLady -Stateroom 6612? (Starboard Midship) - Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah, Category 04A?
Take Forward stairs/elevators to:

Deck 8
NoWorriesMate - Stateroom 8542 (Starboard Forward) - Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah, Category 05B
Continue towards the aft of the ship down the Starboard hallway to:
mizzkellzee - Stateroom 8563 (Starboard Mid/Fore) - Standard Interior, Category 11A
Take ANY stairs/elevators to Deck 9 at the very back of the boat to:

Deck 9
dismiss - Stateroom 9674 (Aft) - Deluxe Family Oceanview with Extended Verandah, Category 06A

Guests with duplicate Categories
Tikihula - has duplicate category 04D thus will be joining us to see the other categories

New to here ... So hoping to be apart of the cabin crawl .. looks like fun and would love to meet everyone and hear where they are from!!!!! :banana:

I am sorry to say my family has decided to pull out of the cabin crawl. With my DD wheelchair it would just be too difficult!!
Se ya all tomorrow at 3:00 Vista Cafe.
Also if you see a family with matching red white and blue tie dyed Mickey T-shirts please say HELLO!!!
Angelina has just so excited Mickey called to say he can't wait to see us on the DREAM!!!!!!
In 13 hours we will be on our way to the DREAM:banana::banana::banana:

I am sorry to say my family has decided to pull out of the cabin crawl. With my DD wheelchair it would just be too difficult!!
Se ya all tomorrow at 3:00 Vista Cafe.
Also if you see a family with matching red white and blue tie dyed Mickey T-shirts please say HELLO!!!
Angelina has just so excited Mickey called to say he can't wait to see us on the DREAM!!!!!!
In 13 hours we will be on our way to the DREAM:banana::banana::banana:

Can't wait to see you again tomorrow, Michelle! We might be a little late for the meet, if the DVC get together is at the same time as last year. I'll call you ...... that's what wave phones are REALLY good for.
Only a few more hours of sleep and we'll be on our way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I AM TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!! I have been awake since 3:30 AM!! I have never used the wave phones yet so I will make sure to take it with me to the M&G.
SEE YA REAL SOON!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you again tomorrow, Michelle! We might be a little late for the meet, if the DVC get together is at the same time as last year. I'll call you ...... that's what wave phones are REALLY good for.
Only a few more hours of sleep and we'll be on our way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:REMINDER MEET AND GREET TODAY AT 3:00 VISTA CAFE!!!
We will be very easy to recognize, my family will be wearing matching red white and blue tie dyed icon mickey shirts. Also my DD will be in her red wheelchair!!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Can't wait to see you all at the meet. We'll probably be a little late because the DVC meet is at 2:30.

Wow that went fast, didn't it? It was a pleasure meeting all those of you that we had the good fortune to do so.

To the FE group....I have to say we're sorry. We sucked, we know it, and we apologize. Your creativity and craftIness blew us away. We'll be much better on our next cruise now that we know what to expect.

The cruise obviously wasn't without issues...but that can wait for later.

Hope everyone got home or to their next vacation destination okay. Thank you to everyone who participated in the FE exchange - we were blown away by all the wonderful gifts we received.

Greetings from Nassau from our second visit. Nassau is full today, three ships in port, but the Disney DREAM is by far the most beautiful one. Needless to say it turned a lot of heads when Captain played ALL the Mickey whistles after docking. ;) :lmao:

Wow that went fast, didn't it? It was a pleasure meeting all those of you that we had the good fortune to do so.

To the FE group....I have to say we're sorry. We sucked, we know it, and we apologize. Your creativity and craftIness blew us away. We'll be much better on our next cruise now that we know what to expect.

We had a great time! Weather / technical issues or not ... one of the best cruises that we have ever been on. We're already planning on booking a 2014 Fantasy itinerary.

I'm sorry we were not all that social beyond our group of people. We had a lot of people to contend with as it was, and it was hard to keep up with everyone.

I did get a chance to meet michelle9343 and her family. I think my daughter actually met her son in Vibe.

A great trip!

I agree it went way too fast!! I was great running into you guys around the ship!!
The fun thing about the FE is that everyone is different what they do I don't feel anything we got sucked!!!
Hope everyone got home or to their next vacation destination okay. Thank you to everyone who participated in the FE exchange - we were blown away by all the wonderful gifts we received.

Greetings from Nassau from our second visit. Nassau is full today, three ships in port, but the Disney DREAM is by far the most beautiful one. Needless to say it turned a lot of heads when Captain played ALL the Mickey whistles after docking. ;) :lmao:
I hope you guys are having even more fun the second time around. For the past two days I keep saying" I bet Tom and Karin are here now I bet there are there now ETC!!" I agree with the FE gift we really got some AMAZING gift!!!Those of you who delivered gifts everyday really blew me away. It was a lot of work to deliver one round!!
We had a great time! Weather / technical issues or not ... one of the best cruises that we have ever been on. We're already planning on booking a 2014 Fantasy itinerary.

I'm sorry we were not all that social beyond our group of people. We had a lot of people to contend with as it was, and it was hard to keep up with everyone.

I did get a chance to meet michelle9343 and her family. I think my daughter actually met her son in Vibe.

A great trip!
My son basically lived in the VIBE. He ate dinner with us and slept maybe 4 or 5 hours a night in our room that was it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter