Aulani 2-Bedroom Villa vs 2-Bedroom Lockoff Villa

Pluto1976

Mouseketeer
Could anyone please provide the differences between these 2 types of 2-Bedroom setups at Aulani. From what I gather, the lockoff version of the room is a 1-bedroom paired with a normal studio as opposed to being a single room. Are there any good or bad design differences between these 2 types of layouts?

I prefer the dedicated 2 bedroom. That way no one has to sleep on another crappy fold out bed and there is more drawer space. Things stay more organized. We don't need the extra living room space either.

We prefer the dedicated ... off the top of my head... 2 1/2 bath vs 2 ... I think the kitchen is bigger. The "master" bed room is more private. We like the two "real" beds vs one "real" and one pull out bed in the second bed room.

Without doing research on the DVC site (I know I should first - LOL), does the master bed in a lockoff have a king-size bed in it?

And thanks for the feedback!

The beds are different in the living room, too, not just the second bedroom.

The dedicated has a twin-sized sleeper chair, while the lock-off has a child-sized Murphy bed.

I find that lock-offs are louder because you can hear the people in the room next to you through the door.

All good advice above. I'd just add that we like the lock-offs because they provide a second "kitchen". Yes, its just a toaster/microwave/fridge. But its especially good if you have early risers in one side and people who like to sleep in on the other side.

Oh, and each section gets their own temperature control. Of course that could lead to thunderstorm cloud formation at the doorway between the units. ;)

The dedicated 2 bedroom has two real beds in the second bedroom, while the lockoff has one bed and the sofa, plus a small kitchenette. I prefer the dedicated, since I'm usually using every available bed space and never fill up the main fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter