Aulani cash reservation questions

DVCTigger

DIS Veteran
DH and I are headed to Aulani next August for our 25th anniversary. My parents have never been to Hawaii and we were thinking of inviting them along since we will be making travel arrangements and they probably won't go unless its done for them. We don't have the points to use for them, but I was thinking maybe we could use our DVC Member discount for a hotel room for them. So my questions are:

Are there cash reservation discounts for DVC members at Aulani?
What would the member discount be?
And if discounts are available, Does the member have to be registered in that room?

Also thinking that maybe renting points for them may be an option, but dad may not go for that. I think he would rather just pay a discounted cash rate. Any other thoughts are welcome. Even thought of putting them next door at the Marriott, it is cheaper. And we could still share the car, park it at Aulani with our DVC Free parking.

TIA

Here is a thread with a similar question that may be helpful in answering yours about a DVC room discount for cash reservations. It doesnt answer all your questions but its a helpful start hopefully:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2855550

I think the jist of it is that often there are bigger cash discounts being offered by Disney than the DVC member discount that may be offered... so it may be less pricey to just go with a cash reservation for them with a regular cash discount(depending on the time of year). Plus that gives more flexibility for them then renting points.

While putting them next door is certainly do-able they would not have access to the pool facilities, which may be a problem if you all wanted to hang out poolside together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter